Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Not really. The game is old and tired and this weird obsession the right has over us and pronouns is kinda eggy in general.
    That’s the thing... I think just pointing out how nonsensical it is for people to get riled up by this, gets over the same old record playing. I think it hides the simple reality of... who gives a shit. People identify them selfs in their behavior all the time. I think once people realize it is no different in importance to them, the fact that they focus so much on genitalia, will be seen a lot stranger than what ever a person wants to identify as... because in that context, they identify as people who want to be an authority on people’s junk... and that’s a lot more fucked up than what they are protesting.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the thing... I think just pointing out how nonsensical it is for people to get riled up by this, gets over the same old record playing. I think it hides the simple reality of... who gives a shit. People identify them selfs in their behavior all the time. I think once people realize it is no different in importance to them, the fact that they focus so much on genitalia, will be seen a lot stranger than what ever a person wants to identify as... because in that context, they identify as people who want to be an authority on people’s junk... and that’s a lot more fucked up than what they are protesting.
    True. It's just a tired topic, and I am really beginning to wonder what's up with the ongoing obsession in general. As a trans person, it seems the weirdest fucking hill to die on. It's really ubiquitous on this forum, and after a day of prep for tomorrow it's kind of surreal. my humor meter is probably off as a result. Sorry. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    True. It's just a tired topic, and I am really beginning to wonder what's up with the ongoing obsession in general. As a trans person, it seems the weirdest fucking hill to die on. It's really ubiquitous on this forum, and after a day of prep for tomorrow it's kind of surreal. my humor meter is probably off as a result. Sorry. :-)
    That’s exactly why I started doing it. It has no point anymore than just be a joke, which the op is intending to be. A dude saying he identifies as a gender every other day is funny. But, I think it’s funnier, to look at it from a perspective that the guy is literally identifying as something he feels on that day or that moment. If that’s the case, we can just take it to the next level of lunacy...

I identify as someone who is going to go play Path or Exile... I identify as someone who will probably return and read replies in this thread...

Edit: Eureka!!! The solution is that we all need to speak in third person...

Last edited by Felya; 2018-05-25 at 02:26 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I identify as someone who is going to go play Path or Exile... I identify as someone who will probably return and read replies in this thread...
    I'm game, at least for a post.

I identity as someone who won't be back to read this post given tomorrow is the day all of the weirdos obsessed with our genitals seem to think about. ;-)

I am really beginning to wonder what's up with the ongoing obsession in general. As a trans person, it seems the weirdest fucking hill to die on.
    Because the right wing want to fight over culture war issues. Not just because it tends to favor them but also because it distracts from their god awful policies and corporatism
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    this guy has to be trolling the labour party right ? using there own rules against them. he gets away with it because.

idk i am half amused and half confused on this, is this a clever use of policy to get around job gender requirements, trolling or is he actually genuine ?
    Yeah it's trolling of the usual shitlordy kind, seems unlikely it'll go anywhere because I don't know about the UK Labour Party's specific guidelines but generally speaking gender identification is not taken into account if the person in question is extremely obviously being insincere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah it's trolling of the usual shitlordy kind, seems unlikely it'll go anywhere because I don't know about the UK Labour Party's specific guidelines but generally speaking gender identification is not taken into account if the person in question is extremely obviously being insincere.
    It's 100% trolling, but enough people will try to claim that it's not trolling just to hurt those of us who are actually trans. It's trolling specifically to try and point out the "problems" with giving us rights, and the most frustrating part of it is how many people will and do take it seriously (or at least pretend to take it seriously in order to justifying denying us rights).
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

this is the guy

So, not only does he look like a poundland Toby Young but he acts like him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    It's 100% trolling, but enough people will try to claim that it's not trolling just to hurt those of us who are actually trans. It's trolling specifically to try and point out the "problems" with giving us rights, and the most frustrating part of it is how many people will and do take it seriously (or at least pretend to take it seriously in order to justifying denying us rights).
    But it does point out the problems with these rules and rights, if they can be so easily abused by persons with bad intentions they're aweful rules and they need to be refined. Just like freespeech these rules/rights mean very little to the avarage person, it's for mainly there to protect people that hold a significant position in society and if they can't do that they should not exist or be rewritten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's kicker or punchline of this guys joke. Labour has a strict policy of not questioning the gender some one chooses to define them selves as. It's intended ofc to give trans people automatic acceptance no matter what point in the transition they are not for some one to say between 6:30 am and 12pm on Wednesdays I'm a woman and you can't question that. But by the letter of the rule no one in the labour party is allowed to call him out or to stop him.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but by the same token there nothing stopping men form abusing the policy, taking the roles labour have ring fenced for women only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    What's he hoping to accomplish by such open abuse of the system? Is he trying to show that trans peoples rights are a problem? Don't think any attempted point against trans is working, when it's a regular dude purposefully causing a problem. If anything, he only hightlights someone such as himself to be the whole problem, not anyone trans.
    I don't think he's trying to make a political point. I think he's doing it for the lulz or just to get a cushy job that only had half the applicants of other positions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm game, at least for a post.

I identity as someone who won't be back to read this post given tomorrow is the day all of the weirdos obsessed with our genitals seem to think about. ;-)
    There's a day for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Here's the real question -- why do you care what someone decides to identify as?
    I don't, I just find it funny a dude found a way to get women's only job

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    But it does point out the problems with these rules and rights, if they can be so easily abused by persons with bad intentions they're aweful rules and they need to be refined. Just like freespeech these rules/rights mean very little to the avarage person, it's for mainly there to protect people that hold a significant position in society and if they can't do that they should not exist or be rewritten.
    Or perhaps people need to understand nuance behind rules/laws like this, recognize that someone who "identifies as a woman on Wednesdays between 6:50 am and midnight" is not being sincere, and be able to say, "No, this is not within the spirit of our rules/laws." If they try to press charges... well, I hope that a court of law would be able to recognize when someone's being a troll.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

I identify as someone who does not get what all the fuss about pronouns is considering that if someone is around I will call them "you" anyway and if they aren't they would not hear it in any event so WTF.

Deleted
    I have to admit, that is a bit funny.

I mean, why not? Modern culture (controlled primarily by the Left) is not particularly fond of straight white men. By being trans he moves himself to the top of the Left's Hierarchy, and that has opened more job opportunities than he otherwise would have.

That's kicker or punchline of this guys joke. Labour has a strict policy of not questioning the gender some one chooses to define them selves as. It's intended ofc to give trans people automatic acceptance no matter what point in the transition they are not for some one to say between 6:30 am and 12pm on Wednesdays I'm a woman and you can't question that. But by the letter of the rule no one in the labour party is allowed to call him out or to stop him.
    Unfortunately for him "troll" isn't a gender identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Or perhaps people need to understand nuance behind rules/laws like this, recognize that someone who "identifies as a woman on Wednesdays between 6:50 am and midnight" is not being sincere, and be able to say, "No, this is not within the spirit of our rules/laws." If they try to press charges... well, I hope that a court of law would be able to recognize when someone's being a troll.
    Laws or rules are of the form "you must" or you "must not", "you should" are guidelines, which are never enforceable. Maybe it's not right that someone can abuse that. But then it's not right that anyone can identify themselves as whoever they want without hard evidence.

That's like Forbes asking a random hobo if they identify themselves as a billionaire for their most rich list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidestorm View Post
    I mean, why not? Modern culture (controlled primarily by the Left) is not particularly fond of straight white men. By being trans he moves himself to the top of the Left's Hierarchy, and that has opened more job opportunities than he otherwise would have.
    Though have a point about the left having a victim of oppression hierarchy. I would argue trans is still pritty low down on the heairachy as militant feminism is still split on what to classify trans people under.

It's all very orwellian :/

It's all very orwellian :/
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit anywhere into the definition of Orwellian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Laws or rules are of the form "you must" or you "must not", "you should" are guidelines, which are never enforceable. Maybe it's not right that someone can abuse that. But then it's not right that anyone can identify themselves as whoever they want without hard evidence.

That's like Forbes asking a random hobo if they identify themselves as a billionaire for their most rich list.
    That's not what being transgender is, but your transphobia is duly noted.
    Link to image.

15+ Year Old Account
    I self identify as a selfish, racist, egotistical bigot who enjoys cucking and triggering SJWs. I also like long walks on the beach. What party does that qualify me for?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"