Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Wow almost like my entire point.

I feel for his family I do. But people like you who don't really know him using this to ingratiate themselves and display performative empathy is something that really gets to me.

It terrifies me that people will do this to me when i'm gone. I'd want people to remember who i was good and bad. I think everyone deserves that, I'd hope TB wasn't such an egotist that he wanted to be a martyr.

I would be incredibly upset if people focused on the good i'd done when I died, it would feel like they weren't remembering who I actually was and were remembering an idealized version of myself. But eh, fuck remembering people for who they were. That hitler dude did a lot for white workers in Germany.
    Are you entirely daft? Just let people mourn and pay respects. Why do you gotta drag your autistic aspergers-havin ass onto a thread full of people mourning and just absolutely disturb it?

Then go "well if I were to die of cancer, this is how I'd want things to go". Lmao like seriously dude? Are you fully unaware of the type of idiot you're making yourself come across as?

Go fucking mind your own business, yea? Instead of telling others how to be and what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    Damm! SO what happened ? I know he has a surgery a week ago from twitter and it went well. But he is dead now..
    I'd guess it was either his body just giving up, or the cancer went really agressive.

Seems like you're trying to say kill yourself without saying it by bringing it up.

Because that's not what i was saying at all. I was just talking about idol worship and my own mortality but hey.

- - - Updated - - -

Your first comment in this thread was "he's the same age as me".

So maybe that criticism doesn't hold much weight.
    And that was the only time I mentioned that. Whereas you are bringing it up constantly to excuse your shitty behavior.

Got anymore ludicrous non sequiturs?

This is so sad to hear. I've known him since his Cataclysm videos and have been following his ''WTF'' first impressions for a while. I'll sure be missing that voice of his, my condolences to his family.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Are you entirely daft? Just let people mourn and pay respects. Why do you gotta drag your autistic aspergers-havin ass onto a thread full of people mourning and just absolutely disturb it?

Then go "well if I were to die of cancer, thos is how I'd want things to go". Lmao like seriously dude? Are you fully unaware of the type of idiot you're making yourself come across as?

Go fucking mind your own business, yea? Instead of telling others how to be and what to do.
    She is just fishing for replies. Don't indulge her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is so sad to hear. I've known him since his Cataclysm videos and have been following his ''WTF'' first impressions for a while. I'll sure be missing that voice of his, my condolences to his family.

RIP
    Man that seems so long ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    She is just fishing for replies. Don't indulge her.

- - - Updated - - -

Man that seems so long ago now.
    Yea, you're more than likely right. Just absolutely petty.

I mean it says a lot about the gaming community if TB was a great man. No wonder it's not taken seriously.
    If a few transgressions cloud your judgement, from the truth that TB made several games great, simply by posting his WTF is.... (Like Warframe) and how TB has been a key figure in the growth of the Youtube gaming&game reviews niche, then you are truly a lost cause.

TB was a great man. I didn't like him. I've often disagreed with him. But he did not hide behind politics and gave his views of any matter loud and clear, precisely worded and sustained with evidence. It doesn't matter if you're in favor or against GamerGate, or grew tired inbetween, but he took a stance (the right one, in my opinion of course) and he should be complimented for it.

TB has done more for the gaming space than we could ever do.

Except he was an edgelord talking shit on a forum.
    He spent all his time wishing for cancer, but it turns out the cancer was inside him all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dropping a warning in now. You don't have to post in praise of TB. You don't have to like TB. But let's keep this thread respectful please.
    I forgot this was at the top of page two.

Pretty sure everyone else did, considering how worthless this warning proved to be.

I was quite upset when i heard he was dead, but seeing this idol worship annoyed me. Heck if you had empathy you'd understand my self pity.

He made shitty comments right up until he withdrew from the public arena... He certainly didn't apologize to them all.

Eh, if people mourned in a way which didn't ignore the wrong doings of people I would be fine, facing my own mortality and having an existential dread that people will do the same to me is why i am speaking out. But hey shit on the wishes of those facing their mortality.
    Jesus christ man, who the fuck cares if it's idol worship anyway? Can people not have others that they look up to? He actually did things with his life that were worth looking up to, what have you done other than harp on the already forgiven actions of a dead man as if that's supposed to disqualify him from praise? I do have empathy for you, but not for your condition that hasn't manifested yet, but your shitty mentality. Self pity does nothing but allow you to make excuses for yourself that will never allow you to grow as a person. So do yourself a favor and get rid of it.

Nobody in this thread is ignoring any wrong he had done either. It's possible to acknowledge a persons faults and still see them as a good person. I would have been making shitty comments too if I'd had to deal with the kind of shit you're spewing on a daily basis, which he did for many years.

What the shit does it even mean to shit on the wishes of those facing their mortality? What are your wishes anyway? That people denounce TB so you can feel better about your own situation? That's ridiculous dude. I'm usually a pretty understanding person but you make it hard even for me.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I forgot this was at the top of page two.

Pretty sure everyone else did, considering how worthless this warning proved to be.
    That's because whenever Edge does moderation, it's only when she's not tired.
    - Inserts obligatory warning
    - Closes thread, because no moderation was done inbetween escalation.
    - Continues yawning and fawning.

Someone fucking promote me, so I can take her job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's because whenever Edge does moderation, it's only when she's not tired.
    - Inserts obligatory warning
    - Closes thread, because no moderation was done inbetween escalation.
    - Continues yawning and fawning.

Someone fucking promote me, so I can take her job.
    Heh, despite our differences I have full confidence you'd be better than most mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I'd guess it was either his body just giving up, or the cancer went really agressive.
    I think he had almost had it in remission but it came back and spread to other parts of his body. Really sad, he'd been getting visually better since his first announcement that he'd been diagnosed then everything just went downhill so fast these last couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Heh, despite our differences I have full confidence you'd be better than most mods.
    Even I don't know how well I would do, I just would do better than this.

Rip John

Never really followed your stuff but remember way back when I still played WoW in Tbc that video about Kungen with 500k revenge crit and tanking 27 Lady Vashjs at once was hilarious

This one: youtube.com/watch?v=i9aVNTRSyAk

May you rest in peace and fuck cancer!

Sorry I didn't realize recognizing who a person was after their death was shitty.

It's not like I'm saying "he deserved to suffer a slow and painful death". I'm just trying to point out he wasn't a martyr of video games.
    He wasn't an idol or a martyr, he was a pioneer and icon. You're still trying to hide behind your bias. It's hard to accept that other people have done more for others than you have. TB has done more for this community than you have or ever will.

I'm not though? I'm treating him like a flawed human being. Like literally everyone else.

I'd hate to be a blaze of glory knowing that I did shitty things in my life. I hope TB felt the same.

I'm gonna lol in hell if word somehow makes it back to you guys that i died and you do the same thing you're complaining about.
    First of all, I very much doubt anyone here will make a topic about you when you die. I'm sure you're important to someone, but not us.

And secondly, I'd like you to look at your posts and see just how much you're trying to make this about you. And then realize that, if the topic isn't about you, and you don't really have much to say about the person the topic is about, maybe you should just ignore it.

Let me sum up my impression of your attitude in this thread, maybe that will help you see why you're being met with hostility:

"Guys, he said mean stuff"

We know.

"And you're still going to feel sorry that he died?"

We are.

"Well, that's not how I think you should feel, let me tell you why"
    Think about what you are trying to achieve by posting here. Are you trying to make others think like you? Are you trying to explain why your opinion on the guy is more important than everyone else's? Are you just looking for attention? Or maybe starting some conflict seemed like a fun activity for your day?

Are any of those reasons important enough for you to keep this discussion going, or would you admit that, perhaps the most respectful thing you can do, not just towards TB, but also towards those of us who do feel sad about his death, is to ignore this thread for the day or two that it may stay relevant?

He was not a good person, he was a good video game critic. You nor I knew him as a person.
    Phew, I love how you can definitively say he isn't a good person and then immediately make a statement that precludes anyone, including yourself, from knowing whether he was a good person or not.

And earlier in the thread you used your opinion of him as a person to dismiss his benevolent actions.

Here's your +1 you're so desperate for.

People are not one-dimensional. So maybe we should remember his faults and achievements.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVo...outu.be&t=7383

Considering him a pioneer and icon is making him an icon. He was a video game critic, something people had done long before he did.

Well he was a lot older than me, but i've done a bit for other people just not in a setting which gives me publicity.
    Yeah, did you carry the skeleton of your father around so he could take a shit due to bowel cancer? Because I have. Might teach you some empathy.