Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't think it would return that quickly. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It should also be noted that he was a supporter of the GamerGate harassment campaign against women.
    No he wasn't.

Gtfo out of here with your dumbass edgelord lies. Can't people others just a single thread without being an absolute cunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No he wasn't. He supported some of the issues, but was vocally and strongly against all forms of harassment throughout the whole affair and if memory serves mocked how stupid a lot of it, and the many of the people involved, was.

I don't remember him ever once specifically voicing support for it.
    Don't want to backseat mod but can we please do something about the clear bullshit that is being spewed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No there isn't.

You tried to be clever with the "karma" comment.

Karma is fake. It's nonexistant. It's bullshit people make up to feel better about themselves when something bad happens to someone they dislike.

Simple as that.

You could have just said RIP and moved on. But you chose to bring up some years old remark and act like some superstitious nonsense had some part to play in this.

Grow up and get some perspective on your life. You know perfectly well you wouldn't go upto his family directly and do that because you lack a spine already by doing it online behind a monitor.
    Hush.

I have to say, as much as I disagreed with him on things, he did make a difference in this world, and for that alone, this is sad news. The good ones always go too early.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't want to backseat mod but can we please do something about the clear bullshit that is being spewed.
    Agreed, this is place for respect, even with "don't feed the trolls" they're going after easy, heated targets. Please start bopping people.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know he announced his health issues quite awhile ago and then recently stopped doing his show all together but... dam that seems awfully fast on heals of him stepping out of the public eye.

RIP TB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Agreed, this is place for respect.
    This thread is for discussion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Even when I vehemently disagreed with him, I knew he argued his opinion from a place of true passion for gaming. One of the absolute legends in the community.
    This. Gotta respect a person with passion like he had, even if he didn't always express himself the most eloquently.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Hush.

I have to say, as much as I disagreed with him on things, he did make a difference in this world, and for that alone, this is sad news. The good ones always go too early.
    Hush?

It's ok for people to spew "karma" and crap like that but god forbid someone calls them out on it.

Ok then....

Thank you John, you reminded me that no matter how much you leave your family when you leave this world, it will never be enough to replace you.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    This thread is for discussion as well.
    No its to pay respect to a man who passed away too soon.

Take your edgy bullshit to fucken reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocipher View Post
    Thank you John, you reminded me that no matter how much you leave your family when you leave this world, it will never be enough to replace you.
    Well said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rip , started on his really good Cataclysm videos, and enjoyed his WTF videos. Will be missed.

This hits hard. He pretty much created his own profession and made way for so many. Took games more seriously and shone a light to the potential of games that has had a big impact on me personally and to the industry and how both think about games nowadays. Going to miss all that he is. What a fucking good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes. Talk to your mother every day because she will be gone far sooner than you’d like.
    As someone who lost his mom to complications from cancer last year, I cannot emphasize this enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No he wasn't. He supported some of the issues, but was vocally and strongly against all forms of harassment throughout the whole affair and if memory serves mocked how stupid a lot of it, and the many of the people involved, was.

I don't remember him ever once specifically voicing support for it.
    In August 2014 he propagated the slander against Zoe Quinn. You can't throw chum to the trolls and then pretend harassment totally wasn't your goal. Gamergate was never about anything but driving certain people out of the gaming industry. Any endorsement of it was an endorsement of harassers and doxxers. The whole thing was started on IRC and 4chan with the express purpose to ruin Quinn's life.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    ugh. shut the fuck up. gamergate was about journalism. the "5 guys burger and fries" fiasco was about harassment, and he never supported that.
    They are one and the same.
    Last edited by Elba; 2018-05-24 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, so you made it about you. Because who’s more important in a thread about someone who passed?
    Low-hanging fruit is low-hanging, aim higher, cause you're also making it about me more than I did myself.

So, y'know, stop maybe?

In August 2014 he propagated the slander against Zoe Quinn. You can't throw chum to the trolls and then pretend harassment totally wasn't your goal. Gamergate was never about anything but driving certain people out of the gaming industry. Any endorsement of it was an endorsement of harassers and doxxers. The whole thing was started on IRC and 4chan with the express purpose to ruin Quinn's life.
    No, he didn't.

Stop lying and grow up dude. You want to go lie about a recently dead man and meme like a 12 year old? Go to 4chan.

Seriously dude fuck off to reddit.

Ugh, some people should make a new edgy version of this thread and just fucking move there.