Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Grind? Do you maybe mean just playing the game normally and doing activities in the new expansion? Like, what always just gets you to exalted with these main narrative factions?

Honestly, the only people who are bitter about allied races requiring unlocking are those who don't really play the game actively but just return whenever something "new" is being added to test it out. Or in other words, people who do not invest time in the game and don't ever experience the content to its fullest. I think it's good that these people actually have to put some work into unlocking these races, while those who are playing actively will unlock them pretty much automatically.

I would understand the uproar if they made it a low chance drop from a paragon reputation chest, now that would be funny. Just hitting exalted, not with some obscure hidden faction, but the main faction in an expansion is absolutely nothing hard to do...if you actually play the game.

It would be grind if they suddenly told you to go grind exalted with Ogri-La, for example. Not saying that would be wrong, but that would indeed be a grind. Maxing a reputation from the main content that just gets done naturally is not.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-05-25 at 08:39 AM.

races =/= allied races

Deleted
    Didnt Blizzard promise us these races at launch? I seem to recall so much but i may be wrong.

Thats where the problem lies. Promising something and then taking it away. People might have planned to main these races and now they have to wait weeks or months longer.

We all knew Zandalari and Kul Tirans would have to be earned and would come later. But not so much the Dark Iron and Mag'har. This causes dissapointment.

I have no problem with the grind because i'm going to reach exalted anyway.

I do have a problem if the reputation required has no relation whatsoever with the allied race we are going to unlock. I want requierements closer to the nightborne and Suramar than to the void elves and argusian reach.

In other words, and i didn't check datamined stuff so i'm totally ignorant if this is the case, i'm fine with this if there is a compelling story that ties the 7th legion and the dark iron dwarves, giving sense to the fact that you need to be exalted with them. And the same goes for the mag'har orcs and the honorbound.

But if is just an arbitrary requierement put in place to slow us down that makes no sense storywise (VE & argusian reach), then i rather have those two allied races released later with requierements that make sense than having them behind walls that have no relation with them.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Ahh yes, I must earn what I'm paying a $50 box price for, when previous expansions bought me this exact thing for 0 time investment.

You're being swindled under the exception of 'human psychology' as an excuse to design shitty games.
    So we had allied races before? Ah, do tell me which allied race did you get just by paying for an expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    To unlock these Allied Races, players must attain Exalted reputation with your War Campaign's faction 7th Legion and The Honorbound and complete the War Campaign!

I understood it for Legion because many of those factions would have been exalted at launch but this is just painful to see. Even bumping it down to revered would have been nice. Gonna be a while before you can play the new factions all I can suggest is that you grind every rep you see from now on, no questions asked. All WQ's every day, dungeons, etc. YOU WILL GRIND FOR YOUR RACES AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!
    Kid spotted! Ha, found you! Now go home

10+ Year Old Account
    When WoW Classic hits, go and get exalted with Argent Dawn and then complain again about this 'Allied races grind' you speak of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    So we had allied races before? Ah, do tell me which allied race did you get just by paying for an expansion.
    Probably Pandaren, the first Allied Race before it became cool .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Gains View Post
    The "extra content" eh? What a lulz.
    Yes the quest lines that you get to do to unlock them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    When WoW Classic hits, go and get exalted with Argent Dawn and then complain again about this 'Allied races grind' you speak of now.
    Argent dawn? You want a real repgrind hydraxian waterlords boi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Didnt Blizzard promise us these races at launch? I seem to recall so much but i may be wrong.

Thats where the problem lies. Promising something and then taking it away. People might have planned to main these races and now they have to wait weeks or months longer.

We all knew Zandalari and Kul Tirans would have to be earned and would come later. But not so much the Dark Iron and Mag'har. This causes dissapointment.
    they said 2 races would be available at launch with more coming...
    these 2 are available at launch but you need to earn them first, just like how 120 is available at launch, but you dont log on then you are suddenly 120.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Argent dawn? You want a real repgrind hydraxian waterlords boi.
    Very true! Yet you needed to farm Argent Dawn yourself to get into Naxx, while anyone in the raid could bust the runes in MC :-)

Blizzard is stuck with that outdated thinking that new or even old players will bother grinding rep lol, this reputation system is so out of place

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Very true! Yet you needed to farm Argent Dawn yourself to get into Naxx, while anyone in the raid could bust the runes in MC :-)
    Yes but then they would need to go all the way into the middle of the ocean to get more, and if you were alliance that was rough.
    but yeah guerss argent was harder in the sense you got it before raid not during.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

What's the point of putting "Allied Races" as a major highlight of your expansion, only to lock them behind previous and current expansion rep grinds? I don't think doing dozens of WQ's to grind rep is really something that makes me feel like I "earned" it. Why not call it for what it is? Just another way to keep players logging in and paying money.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I still agree with this concept. Earn it.
    As do I. I love goals that can be reliably worked toward.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    What's the point of putting "Allied Races" as a major highlight of your expansion, only to lock them behind previous and current expansion rep grinds? I don't think doing dozens of WQ's to grind rep is really something that makes me feel like I "earned" it. Why not call it for what it is? Just another way to keep players logging in and paying money.
    What's the point of putting or the Lich King on your cover and have entire expansion built around him only to lock him behind a time, ilvl and skill gate?

Meh, it's something you will do anyway, but of course it is a rather transparent grind for sake of having another grind and neiter Maghar nor Dark Iron* have anything to do so far with the war campaign. But then I don't really give a shit about any of the upcoming allied races to beginn with, the only interesting ones were already released.

*nvm, I guess the one outpost I once did didn't have them yet. Makes sense considering there are even DI quests on hordein Zuldazar near the archeologically themed quests.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-05-25 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Eh, “exalted” is rarely something you grind for in modern WoW. As long as you play the game youll get there without having to think about it.
    This.

You will get exalted passively and pretty fast just doing essential WQs for AP and resources. You will literally get exalted in a couple of months at worst even without trying, just like Nightfallen and Argus factions with which we got exalted passively over time, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Meh, it's something you will do anyway, but of course it is a rather transparent grind for sake of having another grind and neiter Maghar nor Dark Iron have anything to do so far with the war campaign. But then I don't really give a shit about any of the upcoming allied races to beginn with, the only interesting ones were already released.
    I've done part of the War Campaign for Alliance and the Dark Iron are part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron are integral part of Zuldazar War Campaign, you are literally leading Dark Iron incursion into it from the get go with Mole Machines, Fire Elementals and what not.

Why people react to those requirements so shocked? Exalted reputation was to be expected.