Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Stormstrike changed to physical damage not nature in latest patch.

Anyone know the reasoning or logic behind this change?

Is it to bring down the damage (because armour will not reduce it) or will the numbers be adjusted to compensate?

they had to change Stormstrike or Ascendance, apparently they have chosen Stormstrike. Wind strike is doing phys dmg and Stromstrike nature before latest patch. They could have made wind strike nature dmg too and buff it 20-25% but .....

Deleted
    A STORM strike... strikes with ELECTRICITY... does.... physical damange?

There is some strong disconnect between the balance team and the class theme team.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Anyone know the reasoning or logic behind this change?

Is it to bring down the damage (because armour will not reduce it) or will the numbers be adjusted to compensate?
    It does physical damage for a long time now.
    Stormstrike has never been nature damage. Before that it was dealing weapon damage + bonus effect boosting your other nature damage spells on debuffed target.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

There is some strong disconnect between the balance team and the class theme team.
    who cares though? its not like you ever even think about it while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftangriff View Post
    It does physical damage for a long time now.
    Stormstrike has never been nature damage. Before that it was dealing weapon damage + bonus effect boosting your other nature damage spells on debuffed target.
    On the BFA beta for quite a while, Stormstrike was dealing Nature damage, the latest beta build reverted that change and once again made it deal physical.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    who cares though? its not like you ever even think about it while playing.
    Stormstrike sounds, and looks like it would hit with nature damage. True you don't think about damaging abilities normally, however Stormstrike being Physical means that the main Enh attack, its bread and butter and most iconic move (outside of windfury but that's entirely passive.) gets its damage reduced by enemy armor and doesn't get a boost from our mastery. So ipso facto Stormstrike being physical damage instead of nature makes 0 sense given the shaman class theme and its also a bad deal for the class itself.

Deleted
    How can Stormstrike not benefit from Mastery when our mastery is LITERALLY "increases chance of triggering Stormstrike"?
    They don't want the main attack to double dip on a single stat. Otherwise we'd spend the entire expansion ONLY collecting mastery gear, like Havoc DH or Holy paladins with crit now.
    If they balance this out, it's a nice change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymalkin View Post
    How can Stormstrike not benefit from Mastery when our mastery is LITERALLY "increases chance of triggering Stormstrike"?
    They don't want the main attack to double dip on a single stat. Otherwise we'd spend the entire expansion ONLY collecting mastery gear, like Havoc DH or Holy paladins with crit now.
    Because mastery does not increase physical damage? i would have thought what he said and the topic of this thread was pretty self explanatory

looks like you didint know that this topic speaks about builds in BfA, not current live build from legion. Lol.

From what I've been reading the only time to stormstrike on beta is when you get a stormbringer proc.

Deleted
    Stormstrike didnt benefit from mastery in beta though tooltip said it should. I tested it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    looks like you didint know that this topic speaks about builds in BfA, not current live build from legion. Lol.
    Even in beta SS didnt scale with mastery. Never did. I didnt test if it was physical damage, but mastery never affectef its damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Stormstrike didnt benefit from mastery in beta though tooltip said it should. I tested it.

- - - Updated - - -

Even in beta SS didnt scale with mastery. Never did. I didnt test if it was physical damage, but mastery never affectef its damage.
    It did in the last couple of beta builds.

Funny thing is the best iteration of ascendance was when it did nature damage (t looked fucking awesome too). For some reason blizzard is set on making enhancement's spec identity as a wind element user, even though you have the other specs using multiple elements too. I find this kind of silly. They should just change both stormstrike and ascendance to deal nature dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Funny thing is the best iteration of ascendance was when it did nature damage (t looked fucking awesome too). For some reason blizzard is set on making enhancement's spec identity as a wind element user, even though you have the other specs using multiple elements too. I find this kind of silly. They should just change both stormstrike and ascendance to deal nature dmg.
    I think it was because it was too strong due Mastery interaction.
    Was awhile however, Ascendance is a abomination for both Enhancement and Elemental anyway.

well not much changes since it does physical dmg on live atm, i guess blizz reverted the change so that SS doesnt double dip from mastery
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-05-27 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    well not much changes since it does physical dmg on live atm, i guess blizz reverted the change so that SS doesn double dip from mastery
    I think the whole point of the change in the first place was so that it did

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    It did in the last couple of beta builds.
    Did you test it? OR are you referring to the tooltip?

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

Storm strike did physical damage throughout almost all of wow's history, including its original version which literally did the same damage as an autoattack, albeit during a time when autoattacks actually did damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Did you test it? OR are you referring to the tooltip?
    Yes. It was modeled in SimC and its damage matched the damage it did in-game.

Sorry for the confusion, yes I was referring to the latest BfA build where it was stated in the patch notes that it was returned to physical damage. Hadn't seen any explanation so was wondering if anyone had any insight to the dev's reasoning.