Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    banning == less site traffic.
    == less money
    == NO MUNIE
    Wait, everyone doesn't block the trash ads that slow the site to a crawl by now anyway? I thought that's why they had to post their 99 cents sub everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You must be the first one ever to admit using an alt account. I commend you for your honesty.
    I admitted my alt account a few months back, had 1k posts on said alt... didn't take long for it to get banned on the spot. Had a merger with my main account though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not to switch topics, but since this is about moderation... the fact that Shalcker is still able to participate after what he is, after what he has spent literally years doing - and enormous paper trail - is _the_ MMO-OT moderation scandal. Other forums cleaned up people like Shalcker years ago. But this special place? It has navel gazing mods who decide why that's too hard for them.

Here's a solution: ban the cunts, and then ban them again and again and again, and then ban them forever. Because you can do that. Shocking, I know.
    The funny thing is this site and many like it are going to have to step up there moderation weather they like it or not. Country's are already wanting to pass laws based around the shit people post online.

We are just one law away from sites being legally required to report any threats and shit posted. So ether MMOC will get with the program or will be left in the dust.

I mean fuck even Reddit has moments where its moderation actually does something.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-26 at 01:05 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Wait, everyone doesn't block the trash ads that slow the site to a crawl by now anyway? I thought that's why they had to post their 99 cents sub everywhere?
    You'd think that but you'd be surprised by the amount of people that do not have adblockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    And the mods aren't doing anything.

Which is the point of the OP. I even like Edge-, but its particularly egregious when they came in with a warning in the first page and then there was nothing done about it after the rules they set out directly were being flagrantly broken.
    I like Edge- as a poster, But there moderation is shit. They made that post, engaged with a troll and then disappeared for a full day just to return and shutdown the thread.

Its piss poor moderation at its finest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You can't even have a civil discussion or specifically call out someone for being wrong(or for having a God awful opinion) without getting an infraction but they allow shitposting for days. Sometimes I think mods don't even exist. And when they do, they just show up to swing a banhammer at people who speak out against their personal opinions.

But yeah, that thread would have been super easy to clean up but no, they went full retard lazy mode and just shut it down. MMOc has some of the worst moderating on the net and refuse to do anything to address it.

The mod who shut the thread down instead of cleaning it up to me, just spit right on the memory of TB. It's insulting. No better than the trolls who were shitposting in the thread.
    Kthxhugsbye

10+ Year Old Account
    And the mods aren't doing anything.

Which is the point of the OP. I even like Edge-, but its particularly egregious when they came in with a warning in the first page and then there was nothing done about it after the rules they set out directly were being flagrantly broken.
    then you go to a global... This isn't hard Krazy... It's all written right there in the rules.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact this thread is still alive impresses me. *Knock on wood*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This. Endus was an excellent mod who actually had context. @xskarma.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you know Endus was an awful mod (though he was well written and occasionally has something insightful to say behind his SJW dogma).

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    then you go to a global... This isn't hard Krazy... It's all written right there in the rules.
    You're deliberately ignoring the fact that the system isn't working, multiple people are saying it isn't working, and your response is just to go, "well use the system!" Tell me how many times a global mod went through an ENTIRE thread that was unmoderated, unlocked it, and moderated it on their own? My bet is zero.

There's not much of a point in continuing to engage with you here when you're just ignoring what everyone is saying because you clearly didn't like TB and are upset people are annoyed the thread was closed.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-05-26 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    The mod who shut the thread down instead of cleaning it up to me, just spit right on the memory of TB. It's insulting. No better than the trolls who were shitposting in the thread.
    100% agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The fact this thread is still alive impresses me. *Knock on wood*
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the thread was left open because they know it would cause a shitstorm if it was closed.

Hopefully this brings to light the many issues this site has and something actually gets done.

7+ Year Old Account

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you know Endus was an awful mod (though he was well written and occasionally has something insightful to say behind his SJW dogma).
    The only people I've ever seen complain about Endus were hyperbolic shit posters.

15+ Year Old Account
    This. Endus was an excellent mod who actually had context. @xskarma.
    Excellent poster, terrible mod.

The opposite of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

xskarma basically said to me the other week when I asked why Shalcker is still allowed to post. After (laughably) threatening me, he said in so many words "what do you expect us to do?".

It was a bizarre response. But said a lot. I expect them to do their fucking jobs. That's what.

I expect the mods to deploy the tools that every forum in the last 25 years has had. IP Bans, IP matching, and ban every single alt account that pops up as quickly as they turn up.

But more than anything else, i expect them to be on top of it. If a guy makes 50 accounts a day for 50 days straight, I expect the mods to be mechanical in their reaction, not feeling like they can't win in such a scenario. Sure you can win. You just keep banning them.

Not to switch topics, but since this is about moderation... the fact that Shalcker is still able to participate after what he is, after what he has spent literally years doing - and enormous paper trail - is _the_ MMO-OT moderation scandal. Other forums cleaned up people like Shalcker years ago. But this special place? It has navel gazing mods who decide why that's too hard for them.

Here's a solution: ban the rule breaking cunts, and then ban them again and again and again, and then ban them forever. Because you can do that. Shocking, I know.
    Wahhhhhhhhhh. I don't like what someone has to say. BAN THEM!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES, I CAN'T AFFORD TO SEE THEIR OPINION.

You are a pathetic human being.

Isn't that just your political position speaking?
    Certainly he made mistakes but I see right wingers bashing on left wing mods way more than lefties bashing on centrics.

Wahhhhhhhhhh. I don't like what someone has to say. BAN THEM!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES, I CAN'T AFFORD TO SEE THEIR OPINION.

There is a difference in not liking someones opinion and someone should be banned because they wished death on another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Isn't that just your political position speaking?
    Certainly he made mistakes but I see right wingers bashing on left wing mods way more than lefties bashing on centrics.
    It is. And its always been like that. For years and years and years. Endus is the big boogeyman of the people who shitpost on the OT forum.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a clear difference between flagrantly breaking rules, ones that were even reiterated in the thread itself, and disagreeing with someone's opinion.

Thing is, it's impossible to get unbiased mods since we are all biased, one way or another.
    The posters are from all over the world so major clashes of political positions will always occur.

lefties will whine about righties and vice-versa.
    It's a giant cesspool of every single ideal that goes from hating everything to loving everything.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-05-26 at 01:15 AM.

I've said what I said about litterally no one else. There are many, MANY other posters I vigorously disagree with, that I wouldn't say that about.

But MMO-OT's mods have allowed, in all liklihood, an Internet Research Agency Kremlin Troll to set up shop. For years.

I come to this forum to debate. I _LIKE_ opposition. Who wants to always agree with people? But seeing threads derailed by bad faith posters because the mods won't clean up is killing this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're deliberately ignoring the fact that the system isn't working, multiple people are saying it isn't working, and your response is just to go, "well use the system!" Tell me how many times a global mod went through an ENTIRE thread that was unmoderated, unlocked it, and moderated it on their own? My bet is zero.

There's not much of a point in continuing to engage with you here when you're just ignoring what everyone is saying because you clearly didn't like TB and are upset people are annoyed the thread was closed.
    I have no opinion either way about the man. YOU are the one deliberately ignoring the rules, hell you've even admitted to breaking them with your multiple accounts. I dont sit there and count how many times a global has gone thru a thread. The point is, which you completely are ignoring, if you dont like how the mods are doing their job you go to a global... if you dont like that then you probably want ot seek otu the site owners.

I get it Krazy, you are butthurt over how someone you like is being treated... thats the funny thing about life... not everyone is going to like the same things or people you are.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.