Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When are you actually going to do something about ban evasions accounts?

There's this guy who keeps making new accounts to call me a nazi, threaten to rape me, says they wish to see me gang raped etc. When are you going to actually stop these people from making new accounts all the time?
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-05-26 at 09:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I endorse this request. It's out of control.

Especially this new extreme example.
    Here is something to believe in!

I agree but so should you be.
    Constant bait threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    I agree but so should you be.
    Constant bait threads.
    So you think you're a fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    So you think you're a fish?
    I'm not innocent.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...st-in-Politics

There is a thread about this. They want you to create busy work for them and press the Report Post button en masse while continuing to endure abuse.

The alternative is them implementing common sense forum moderation standards and practices that most places have been utilizing since George W. Bush's first term. And we all know, that's just crazy talk!

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to stop focusing on my non rule breaking posts (snarky is not against the rules) and focus on those who evade bans

15+ Year Old Account
    I’d offer to help with moderation as I know they are short on volunteers, but the application tells me I don’t qualify even though I’ve been on this site forever. I know I’m not Genn level for posting, but I’m still obviously an active user who’s on the site daily. Maybe lessen the mod requirements and you’d get more help to keep the forums clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Just tell them someone called you a troll. The T word gets mods out in record time. Death threats and people laughing about dead children after school shootings takes a lot of reports though.
    After receiving a few of them, can confirm it takes hours. However an image in a fan thread where images are common may be an insta ban. Images are in the weird category of "how do the mods feel today"

Honestly, silly as it might sound if you keep getting trolled with rape threats, that is something that the police does take more seriously each day, so you might teach the kid a lesson that way

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are getting threats of rape consistently(Your word notably) might be better to report them instead of making a thread(Unless you did so already).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I've never got one myself. However after a school shooting, I reported someone over 15 times at least. I know they are volunteers, but perhaps that is not the best way to go about this anymore.
    No they are there, in the thread sometimes, they just go for the easy stuff. Its been fairly consistent that death threats take hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No they are there, in the thread sometimes, they just go for the easy stuff. Its been fairly consistent that death threats take hours.
    This is often likely because the regular mods kick it up to the global team and administrators for a more-thorough review and whether it needs to get handed off to law enforcement if they deem it credible enough, and the like; it's not as simple as infracting someone for calling another user a "tardwaffle".

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is often likely because the regular mods kick it up to the global team and administrators for a more-thorough review and whether it needs to get handed off to law enforcement if they deem it credible enough, and the like; it's not as simple as infracting someone for calling another user a "tardwaffle".
    That is no excuse. They can ban them and still do what you said.

Isn't the site responsible if the OP does report this and he or she can prove nothing was done? I believe it would, since it failed to enforce its own rules and regulations.

And come on, Endus. Only an idiot would try to get approval from somebody higher up to do something when someone threatens someone else with rape. There's a difference between calling someone a name and suggesting someone be sexually violated, and you know it. If you have the power to ban, you ban, and then you deal with the consequences afterward.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Isn't the site responsible if the OP does report this and he or she can prove nothing was done? I believe it would, since it failed to enforce its own rules and regulations.

And come on, Endus. Only an idiot would try to get approval from somebody higher up to do something when someone threatens someone else with rape. There's a difference between calling someone a name and suggesting someone be sexually violated, and you know it. If you have the power to ban, you ban, and then you deal with the consequences afterward.
    I'm not actually trying to argue it's the best way to do things. Just that it's how it worked when I was modding. I was explaining, not defending, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know how it all works, but is it even possible to stop people from making new accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't really know how it all works, but is it even possible to stop people from making new accounts?
    No it isn't - but burner accounts are only an issue in off-topic forums. Limiting their access there would help a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    There's this guy who keeps making new accounts to call me a nazi, threaten to rape me, says they wish to see me gang raped etc. When are you going to actually stop these people from making new accounts all the time?
    Just turn the threads into one about Total Biscuit. The shitheads that run this site shut those down pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    should ban and handle the rest later