Poll: Zandalari Paladin

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Zandalari Paladin's Yes or No

I think this race could actually pull off the ability to be a paladin. Tell me what you think in the replies and vote Yes or No!!

I know they have been confirmed not to be but, would you have accepted it? is the real question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauguy View Post
    I think this race could actually pull off the ability to be a paladin. Tell me what you think in the replies and vote Yes or No!!
    They do have (had) paladins...but their light loa dies and they lose their source of power but hopefully Liadrin and the sunwalkers can show them that there is more than one way to wield the light.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the questline to bring zandalari trolls into the horde as a allied race involved resurrecting their prelate order I see it as a huge possibility, but if it doesn't they'll probably just have warriors and priests without paladins.

Personally, I'd love to finally have a trolladin. Tired of having only 2 races in the horde as options, Belves and Cows, neither feel very horde-esque to me. Belves are now just elven copies of draenei paladins getting power from naaru friendship when they used to drain their power and were actually interesting and holy cows are some stupid sun druid in plate, neither option feels brutal or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    They do have (had) paladins...but their light loa dies and they lose their source of power but hopefully Liadrin and the sunwalkers can show them that there is more than one way to wield the light.
    who knows what they will do, maybe we ressurect Rezan in the zandalari recruitment scenario, it isnt the first time that loas/wild gods are brought back to life in the wow universe

I’d rather have trolls than cows.
    Having said that, I’d rather prefer undead paladins.
    Having said that, after a very specific, recent book, I do not want undead paladins no longer.

Deleted
    They're definitely needed in order to cut down on the number of Blood Elves, as Taurens completely failed to achieve this important goal.

I bet they will be paladins, seeing as Nightborne, HM Tauren and Mag'har are not and I can't imagine Vulpera being a paladin.

Alliance have Human, Draenei, LF Draenei, Dwarf and soon to be DI Dwarf compared to Horde's BE & Tauren.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At first, I thought it was silly. Now, I want nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    soon to be DI Dwarf
    How can they be Paladins?

Blizz isn't trying to balance availability of Paladins, Shamans and Druids, they'll always be highly race restricted.

Pissed that every race can be Mage though. It should be taken away from Night Elves, Gnomes, Goblins and Worgen.
    Warriors should also be taken away from weak races like Blood Elf, Void Elf, Gnomes and Goblins.
    Goblins and Gnomes shouldn't be Priests either.

Character animations are important to the feel of something so there's little reason to say no. That's just arbitrarily restricting people from playing something they might enjoy, especially since they've been seen before and the lore argument is looong dead, wish they'd lax up a bit.

I'm still holding out hope that Blizz is just trolling us (no pun intended) and are saving the announcement for the official Zandalari preview to put some steam back in the BfA hype train.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Tauguy View Post

I know they have been confirmed not to be but, would you have accepted it? is the real question.
    Where's the official statement that Z TROLL can't be Paladin?
    e
    At the moment, the Zandalari troll allied race official Preview has not been released and since Z-trolls won't be available at launch, Blizzard could be saving the announcement for later on.

Zandaladins makes perfect sense as long as our work with the Zandalari leads to Rezan "resurection". LOAs are never completely dead. Their avatar (bodies) can be corrupted or destroyed but their soul seems to live on until it can find a new host.

From what I learned Rezan's not dead but his soul has been damaged after being expulsed from his Dino body. Since Rezan is such a huge part of the Zandalari culture, I can't imagine the horde coming in without the goal of making him whole again. And once it's done, there's nothing stoping the prelates to become active again.

And even if we can't bring Rezan back, there's still the possibility of BE and Sun. Tauren to show the Prelates how to conjure the light by other means (of course this solution would be less than ideal and I do not wish it).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Zandalari Paladins exists, they are called Prelates. This is a fact.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Zandalari Paladins exists, they are called Prelates. This is a fact.
    some people have a really hard time accepting this since all they've ever seen about Troll is Darkspear related and they don't really fit the paladin style. The lack of knowledge about the Zandalari culture makes them prompt to reject anything that is out of the box.

Shows of much people minds are narrowed sadly...

Also, more diversity in race choice for paladins on horde side is clearly needed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wouldn't play one over my Blood Elf, but if they make sense they make sense. They also need to give Night Elves Paladins.

Yes. My horde Paladin is Tauren as I find male Blood Elves far too effeminate for my liking. Tauren are a bit too chubby and bestial but I will take that over the effeminate thing. In the future I'd like to see Undead or Orc (green skin), especially since their backs are fixed, Paladins as well. Personally I think that Humans and Orcs should be the only two races that can be any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    How can they be Paladins?

Blizz isn't trying to balance availability of Paladins, Shamans and Druids, they'll always be highly race restricted.

Pissed that every race can be Mage though. It should be taken away from Night Elves, Gnomes, Goblins and Worgen.
    Warriors should also be taken away from weak races like Blood Elf, Void Elf, Gnomes and Goblins.
    Goblins and Gnomes shouldn't be Priests either.
    They even have a fancy paladin dark iron ram.

The issue is they still want paladin/shaman to be more available in the faction that they originated from, but...
    Alliance Shamans have-
    1) Draenei
    2) Dwarves
    3) Dark Iron Dwarves
    4) Pandaren

While Horde Paladins have-
    1) Blood Elves
    2) Tauren

They need to add something here for Horde, and Zandalari Paladin is the best fit for that.

Druids are always going to be highly restricted because they require new forms every time a race gets them as an option.

Don't get why you think any of those races shouldn't be able to be mages. Night elves did outlaw it for a while, but that doesn't change that they were mages before that. Worgens were just normal humans before becoming Worgens forcefully, so it's not like a mage that was bit should suddenly forget how to be a mage, and there's no conflict nonsense for that (Like how I imagine Demon Hunter Blood Elves would probably just explode if they tried to become Void Elves, because Fel and Void do not mingle well. Although Void Elf Warlocks are toying that border).

And it seems more like you just dislike Gnomes and Goblins.

For the topic though again, yes, I do think Zandalari should be able to be paladins.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They even have a fancy paladin dark iron ram.

The issue is they still want paladin/shaman to be more available in the faction that they originated from, but...
    Alliance Shamans have-
    1) Draenei
    2) Dwarves
    3) Dark Iron Dwarves
    4) Pandaren

While Horde Paladins have-
    1) Blood Elves
    2) Tauren

Seems unfair

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes.
    They have set up Lore for them with the Prelates, and it would add some much needed variety for Paladin's on the Horde side.

I think it's going to happen. I believe when the Blue post was made regarding Zandalari Paladins, it hinted towards a kind of "not yet" sort of answer.

I'm hoping a patch down the line will introduce Zandalari Paladins and perhaps another long-coveted race/class combo for the Alliance. That seems like the cool kind of patch content I'd like to see.