Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not wanting your kids watch 2 men kiss makes you a bigot? I dont think so. A bigot wants them eradicated, I just want them to be relegated to programming made for other gays so I dont have to watch it. Additionally, Disney has bought 90% of the companies who make animation and kids programming so soon there will be no other option other than to not watch movies at all as kids.
    Not wanting your kids watch 2 men kiss does not make you bigot unless you want them to watch a man and a woman kiss. A bigot does not necessarily mean eradicate. It also includes segregate which your post suggests as the solution making you a bigot.

See bigotry is simple, if an individual applies different standards for things based on race, religion or sexual orientation that makes a person a bigot. These standards could be as small as social acceptability. If you even think twice about 2 men holding hands while walking in the park but don't have similar thoughts about a man and a woman well then that's prejudice.

Frankly a little prejudice is normal even ok. There are a lot of different things in this world and its very possible that people are not exposed to many which in turn can make things seem abnormal to people. That's ok too. What's not ok, as long as the actions are legal, is when people try and prevent and or limit others because of these differences. That's bigotry.

Thats for their parents to worry about. Disney is an ENTERTAINMENT company, not a left wing education company
    So is it okay when they talk about boy and girl relationships? You know... isues that exist?

It's like you think Disney's target audience don't liek to watch things that deal with their own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So the right wing nutters are trying to get Bill Maher fired by HBO for calling Trump an Orangutan, as if that's remotely equivalent.

These people are pathetic.
    The best part of that is that Maher had his own program on ABC which was cancelled after he made offensive remarks.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Bill Maher did get fired by ABC in 2002 for his 9/11 comments. Roseanne knew that public television studios will drop your show if you create a public spectacle, but she just couldn't resist.
    Damn you Z-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    @Trumpkins

Your so-called President is sewage.

Let me know when he accomplishes something, lolz.
    ... beyond the creeping but relentlessly advancing normalisation of bigotry?

If you were a true conservative you would CONSERVE our culture instead of promoting change. You would have people worry about themselves instead of what other people say or do. It should be just the same as it was in 1980 (even back then African Americans were treated with respect in 99% of the country). But you would rather corporations push a political agenda, or try to indoctrinate our kids rather than simply provide a service for money. You would rather people fight and bicker over someone calling someone a name, or assuming everything that happens and is negative to anyone other than a straight white Christian male, is some kind of hateful act rather then just telling jokes. A TRUE racist believes that their race is superior over all others. Someone telling a joke about a black person doesnt make them a racist, they are just being mean at worst. Some of the funniest jokes told involve a particular type of person (Blondes, Blacks, Polocks, Disabled, Gay, etc...) Its called have a laugh and move on.
    1. that just seems racist/xenophobic
    2.black people and jewish people in the 80s were still banned from country clubs...
    3.indoctrinate kids into what? Not tormenting the gay kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Still going on about this blatantly untrue garbage?

Imagine if you, fake conservative, actually worried about actual conservative things, like the $1 trillion annual deficits we're facing that is going to balloon the national debt. Or the bank-busting entitlements that your "Republican" President has sworn not to touch.

But no. You want to talk about fake outrages. You want to talk about the things that don't matter, rather than the things that do.

It's okay. You'll be made to care. When the ballooning deficit forces historic-scale cuts to poorer Trump states and rural Trump areas, while richer new, mostly coastal purple and blue states prosper, you'll be made to care.

As I said before, people like you are a cancer upon conservatism.
    Do you really think the deficits wouldn't have been just as bad if not worse with Hillary? All she was going to do is double down on Obama spending policies which ballooned the deficit at an alarming rate. I'm not exactly a fan of Trump, but he certainly isn't any worse than Hillary would have been when it comes to deficits if that is what you are concerned with. Personally, I would love to see a proper budget passed sometime this century, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen regardless of who is in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Do you really think the deficits wouldn't have been just as bad if not worse with Hillary? All she was going to do is double down on Obama spending policies which ballooned the deficit at an alarming rate. I'm not exactly a fan of Trump, but he certainly isn't any worse than Hillary would have been when it comes to deficits if that is what you are concerned with. Personally, I would love to see a proper budget passed sometime this century, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen regardless of who is in power.
    Trump is spending more, and adding in decreased revenue due to tax cuts. She had no plans to enact such tax cuts, making his deficit spending objectively worse. That's why the deficit is currently exploding.

Hillary wasn't trying to spend trillions on a fucking ego wall, for one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we stop pretending we care about something a woman whose career ended 25 years ago tweeted?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Do you really think the deficits wouldn't have been just as bad if not worse with Hillary?
    Hillary lost, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Can we stop pretending we care about something a woman whose career ended 25 years ago tweeted?
    She got fired 25 years ago?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

They would not have been just as bad. Not by a long shot. This Trump Tax Cut that just was passed that would never have passed under Hillary? It's the most fiscally irresponsible political act I've seen in my lifetime... well perhaps second only to the Bush Tax Cut in the middle of a war. It's that bad.

The budget deficit was already going to balloon due to the cost of entitlements for the retiring Baby Boomer population. and the failure of Obamacare to bend the cost curve of Healthcare enough to make an appreciable dent in the the annual deficit around 2030.

Furthermore higher discretionary spending in the 2018 and 2019 budget s(to the tune of $300 billion a year) was an inevitability due to the end of Obama's term, the success of the 2016/2017 2 year budget deal, and the popularity of an increase of that size among both parties. A legitimate claim is that the Budget Trump signed (and whined about) in March would have been signed by Hillary as well. And that is because, like the 2015/2016/2017 budgets, it is the only one that can get through both the House and the Senate. That is built in. But the increase is not going to be $300 billion annually. It was $300 billion this time, and a fraction of that year over year, projected out until 2022. The scale of this increase was, the best way to put it, "pent up" as a result of the Budget Control Act's limitations. It was, in other words, to offset the impact of earlier cuts.

Raising spending by $300 billion, with the already built in cost of Medicare and Medicaid over the next 15 years, simultaneously with an enormous tax cut? Reckless and stupid. And that is on Republicans who advocated that using economic justifications that even some of them ALREADY regard as fanciful.

By virtue of never agreeing to that Tax Cut, Hillary would have automatically put the US in a far better financial position. Because of the Trump Tax Cut, which people like Orlong backed, the US will now have to greatly increase borrowing which will also increase the service on the debt, which in time will squeeze out domestic and mandatory spending alike.

What's that you say? A republican advocating against a tax cut? It's because I'm not retarded and can read a balance sheet. The US needs to cut spending on the ACTUAL DRIVERS of growth - mandatory spending - raise taxes, and pay its bills. The United States needs to cut the cost of healthcare - the COST - down to half its current amount, far more drastic than Obama.

At the end of this, yes, I would very much like to see an emormous Federal Tax Cut, coupled with significant State Tax increases and a transfer of responsibilities for programs from the Federal Government to State Governments. I fundamentally believe many of our political issues are at their root caused by the post-World War II proclivity to "Federalize" solving every problem we have. I think it's deeply undemocratic, overly expensive, and inefficient.

But that's another conversation. The point is, Trump and his lackeys own a Tax Cut that Democrats and Hillary never would have pressed and that any Republican who is serious about our long term fiscal welfare would be stridently against. Deficit spending, and a debt, in itself is not wholly evil and something to be outright eliminated. The $1 trillion in annual borrowing will pile up the total debt, and how much we spend on annual service of it, to a degree that will devastate the US economy in a way few things would.

Entitlements and the Bush Tax Cuts started that horror show. The Trump Tax Cut has made it way, way worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and to cut one thing off. Any and every Democratic wishlist item that could have got through the Senate with 60 votes - so toss out trillion dollar new programs from the Bernie Sanders fantasy list - would have been a fraction of the size of the annual increase to borrowing that is a result of the Trump Tax Cut. I say that without supporting them. It's simple and honest math.

To put it simply, universal Pre-K, food aid, and a modest bump to education spending is not remotely as expensive as these ruinous Tax Cuts that Fraud-servatives like @Orlong are silent on.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2018-05-30 at 08:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    She got fired 25 years ago?
    Can we stop pretending we didn't know her career ended 25 years ago when Roseanne went off the air?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

And Walt Disney would be rolling in his grave if he saw the shit Disney puts out now. Everything they produce now is made to indoctrinate kids into the left wing lifestyle. Kids shouldnt be worrying about whether its OK for their friends to be gay, or demonizing people who hunt or dont recycle, or having to be PC all the time, etc.. Walt Disney wanted his entertainment to just be funny. Watch any of the early stuff and youll see its far from the sanitized leftist bullshit they produce now.

I can assure you not a nickel of MY money will ever go to a Disney product, and hasnt for at least 15 years
    That good old Disney entertainment.

I am sure it has been pointed out. ABC didn't just cancel the show over her tweet. Several people in the crew and cast quit over it on top over her other nonsense. The show was going to take a rather large hit and would have been hard to come back from.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Not wanting your kids watch 2 men kiss does not make you bigot unless you want them to watch a man and a woman kiss.
    Is it bigotry to not want your kids to watch men and dogs kissing?

I'm on your side, I just felt your argument was open to absurd interpretations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Can we stop pretending we didn't know her career ended 25 years ago when Roseanne went off the air?
    I mean, the most recent episode was a week ago, but sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Meaning the argument, even thought it exists, is ridiculous and wrong and serves only to render those making it a laughingstock, for thinking it was a valid position to hold.
    Too late for hammer, his laughingstock status had been long since established.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Hillary lost, get over it.
    With that level of logic one could say Trump won, get over it. I was only pointing out that the deficits were still going to be a problem regardless of who was in power because Washington has a spending problem and no will to fix anything.

The show will get picked up by another network or Netflix or something
    Highly doubt it.

The show will get picked up by another network or Netflix or something
    Many of the cast and crew quit over this which was a major factor in why ABC killed off the show. When a bunch of writers, producers and co stars quit because of this and her other nonsense the show is dead in the water. I have wondered how the right clings to her so much she supports little that they do. It must be the hypocrisy they cling to. She is clearly a patriot.

"Privilege is invisible to those who have it."