Poll: Would you support 1v1 Ranked Arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: 1v1 Arena

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

1v1 Arena

Ranked 1v1.

New title similar to Gladiator based on your rating.

Would you support it?

Deleted
    Good luck killing an affli lock or disc priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    Good luck killing an affli lock or disc priest.
    Depending on your spec the healing/hp can be reduced automatically.

It can be worked out.

I'd love for this to happen. Would be the best addition to WoW ever.

Deleted
    Sure, just for the lolz.

No reward or anything, just a fun duel system for when you are bored or want to practice some 1v1.

It's on the level of their brawl ideas. Sure, why not have it, but is it lasting interesting gameplay? No. It's pretty stupid. A couple of specs viable, others cannon fodder = none of those queuing in a month, "strategies" of the remaining specs dumb and straightforward as hell, the epitome of "skill" is a boring mirror that is utterly uninteresting to watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    Ranked 1v1.

New title similar to Gladiator based on your rating.

Would you support it?
    1v1 arena is a thing the duelers guild, but no ranked version that would be... aggravating.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes, because playing with others players in PvP is bs, you have to endure their toxicity just to get gear.

Deleted
    You need a few more options, like:

"I'm not interested in it, but wouldn't mind if they enabled it".
    "I'm not interested in it, and I also don't want others to be able to play 1on1 Arena (and get rewards form it).

Personally I would love 1on1 arena, and I would even balance the complete game around it and put the highest reward category and the highest tournament prize money on 1on1 arena. But that's just me.

Yes, but only if it didn't give any special thing as rare as, for example, gladiator title.

Just for fun? Sure.

It'd be seen as a joke title for unskilled/uncoordinated players who have to roll the faceroll fotm unbeatable dueling class to be able to finally get a pvp accomplishment, but sure why not toss them a bone.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    It'd be seen as a joke title for unskilled/uncoordinated players who have to roll the faceroll fotm unbeatable dueling class to be able to finally get a pvp accomplishment, but sure why not toss them a bone.
    Actually, it would show that YOU are good because you rely on nobody but yourself. Having mates who can help you out when you do wrong is easier than having to handle everything on your own. You may not coordinate with others, but you still have to be just as, if not more, talented.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and besides, it's not like people don't already roll easy classes, and have always done, and even worse: they combine them to form the best of the best combos, like RMP back in the day.

Not to mention PvP is already braindead and requires no skill apart from basic reflex/instinct.

I literally get challenged by 1600 players whereas back in the day I could go over 2k without keybinds, 2.2 undefeated and whatnot. It's a joke of a game anyway. Adding 1v1 would probably make it more interesting if anything.

Lol yeah ok. I hope they add it for you lol.

Deleted
    Lol yeah ok. I hope they add it for you lol.
    I hope you feel proud of yourself when you so masterfully coordinate with your mates and demolish your enemies through incredibly precise team planning.

I mean, that whole "Silence him after my hex!" strategy is, truly, so complex for me to understand (and for other people who want 1v1 Arena) that I simply have to applaud very loudly to commend you and your unique talent!

Coordination level 10000/10.

Are you sure you're not a direct descendant of Saladin? Your strategic talent is probably genetic. Wish I had it too...

I hope you feel proud of yourself when you so masterfully coordinate with your mates and demolish your enemies through incredibly precise team planning.

I mean, that whole "Silence him after my hex!" strategy is, truly, so complex for me to understand (and for other people who want 1v1 Arena) that I simply have to applaud very loudly to commend you and your unique talent!

Coordination level 10000/10.

Are you sure you're not a direct descendant of Saladin? Your strategic talent is probably genetic. Wish I had it too...
    Ok maybe try the official forums to find help getting your little 1v1 arena thing going rofl. You got this.

Blizzard caters to casuals, so if you all show them you want something enough, it can be made possible for you.

Deleted
    Ok maybe try the official forums to find help getting your little 1v1 arena thing going rofl. You got this.

Blizzard caters to casuals, so if you all show them you want something enough, it can be made possible for you.
    1v1 Arena wouldn't be for casuals any more than anything else. It would be tougher than anything PvE has to offer, and probably also than team PvP because you may not play the best class and therefore have to face big tasks on your own.

Also, the reason I want this has nothing to do with it being easier. PvP is already incredibly easy because it panders to the braindead (like most AAA games do). I simply don't want to spend time and energy on other people and rely on them. Since WoD I have been sporadically queing up for 3v3 and almost always people leave early and talk shit only to save their own face. A while ago I literally did 2x damage than my Boomkin ally and he had the guts to tell me "Your damage isn't good enough!" and left. It was only after 1 game. He couldn't wait so we could learn to coordinate together. No, he had to shit talk and leave. He also put me on ignore so that I couldn't reply.

I don't want to put up with this insane shit, so I will rather play alone. It has nothing to do with not having the talent for team play. I just don't want to play with people, as most are still monkey like in their heads. FYI I played serious Arena in MoP during summer and got 2.4k with ease. It's not hard for me. It's all about allowing me and others to rely only on ourselves for our own success.

Blizzard should listen.

1v1 Arena wouldn't be for casuals any more than anything else. It would be tougher than anything PvE has to offer, and probably also than team PvP because you may not play the best class and therefore have to face big tasks on your own.

Also, the reason I want this has nothing to do with it being easier. PvP is already incredibly easy because it panders to the braindead (like most AAA games do). I simply don't want to spend time and energy on other people and rely on them. Since WoD I have been sporadically queing up for 3v3 and almost always people leave early and talk shit only to save their own face. A while ago I literally did 2x damage than my Boomkin ally and he had the guts to tell me "Your damage isn't good enough!" and left. It was only after 1 game. He couldn't wait so we could learn to coordinate together. No, he had to shit talk and leave. He also put me on ignore so that I couldn't reply.

I don't want to put up with this insane shit, so I will rather play alone. It has nothing to do with not having the talent for team play. I just don't want to play with people, as most are still monkey like in their heads. FYI I played serious Arena in MoP during summer and got 2.4k with ease. It's not hard for me. It's all about allowing me and others to rely only on ourselves for our own success.

Blizzard should listen.
    Lol okie doke good luck.

Deleted
    Lol okie doke good luck.
    Whatever garbage can you pick up food from, try also to look for a dictionary next time so you can learn some more sophisticated words.

10+ Year Old Account
    1v1s are rock paper scissors atm. Would need class design like MoP or cata for such a thing to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling tanks and healers are probably going to ruin it.

But it could be fun.

It could've been an interesting discussion until you two turned it into a pissing competition for who is higher up on the spectrum.