Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He’s a myth.
    rooted in real history.

and for the record there's no reason he could not have existed (barring the whole magic pool water giving him invulnerability thing ofc)

It's very interesting to see some people in this thread trying to justify hypocrisy.

It's as if they know they're not being fair while not caring but hiding under the guise of a fair discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    rooted in real history.

and for the record there's no reason he could not have existed (barring the whole magic pool water giving him invulnerability thing ofc)
    He was probably just a great fighter and the rest is made up. I'm sure he existed in one way or another or he would not be in so many of our history books.

Got to love hypocrites;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I don't have earplugs? And its on very low quality, whats the vid about?
    Parody skit with a black guy as Abraham Lincholn shouting "NOW YOU FUCKED UP!".

Then why do we have a black Achilles? And a black Joan of arc?

Joan of Arc: https://shadowandact.com/condola-ras...rst-since-1968

Achilles : https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1408543/?ref_=tt_cl_t9

Queen Margeret: https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-Dominic-Cooke
    Neither of your examples make more sense to have than a white MLK. They're in the same category. Black Achilles and a black Jean D'Arc... lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Neither of your examples make more sense to have than a white MLK. They're in the same category.
    Correct.
    All I am saying. If we can have 1 (the 3 examples) then we should also be able to have the other (White MLK).
    You can't be against 1 and for the other.

I personally am against all 4 of them. Id like things to be historically correct but seeing we opened the flood gates already I don't think we can be against a white MLK anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Parody skit with a black guy as Abraham Lincholn shouting "NOW YOU FUCKED UP!".
    lol. I'll have a look when i get home tonight! Sounds funny as fuck

Correct.
    All I am saying. If we can have 1 (the 3 examples) then we should also be able to have the other (White MLK).

I personally am against all 4 of them. Id like things to be historically correct but seeing we opened the flood gates already I don't think we can be against a white MLK anymore.
    Just because those are wrong doesn't mean we need to add insult to injury, those projects are bound to fail. We should continue to be against them all because horrible choices are just that horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Just because those are wrong doesn't mean we need to add insult to injury, those projects are bound to fail. We should continue to be against them all because horrible choices are just that horrible.
    Can we really? It started with comic book characters all of a sudden switching race, now we changed historical characters already in multiple tv shows as I linked above.

Think shit has gone to far already to turn back.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    White guys grom Greece don’t really exist in that time frame. Too much race mixing.

- - - Updated - - -

White people are better black people than black people in movies?

Dumb things thinly veiled racist who play victims say for 800 please.
    Huehueh, sjws are the source of never ending fun.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Can we really? It started with comic book characters all of a sudden switching race, now we changed historical characters already in multiple tv shows as I linked above.

Think shit has gone to far already to turn back.
    This is much more nuanced than you make it comics some of it was awful some of it was good, DC has been doing this for decades and no one complained because the stories were good marvel sucks at it. We shouldn't accept awful things no matter how many come down the pipe.

Na it's be dumb, for historic parts you should be casting as close to the person as possible. Fictional characters without a defined look I'm fine with them displaying how they want. Personally I couldn't give a damn who's cast, I'd hope they go for the best actor regardless of race.

Only Robert Downey Jr could get away with it. Hell, he did a movie in textbook blackface and most black people loved that shit.

Correct.

You're absolutely right. We should have none of these, but if we have one race subjected to racial misrepresentation of characters, then the other races can be misrepresented too. I simply feel like none should be around.

Man, a black Jean D'Arc... Who the hell comes up with this stuff.

It's entirely different. MLK was known for his actions in relation to being black, whereas the other examples were known for their actions alone. A better comparison would be a white actor playing for example Michael Jordan.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

I mean why not, we had to have a Black Annie and everyone that used to be white is now black or some weird mix of random unrelated races. But It would be weird in My opinion just like the examples I listed were weird and unneeded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This is much more nuanced than you make it comics some of it was awful some of it was good, DC has been doing this for decades and no one complained because the stories were good marvel sucks at it. We shouldn't accept awful things no matter how many come down the pipe.
    In society today its very hard to speak up against a white character being replaced by a black person as you'll be called a racist etc within minutes (just look at this tread, or the one for the fantastic 4 guy being a black person all of a sudden (the torch) or black annie. etc.
    It turns into a cluster fuck of people being against it for good reason and everyone calling those people names.

You've been on this forum long enough, You know this happens every time.

Really think its time to just give up and make whatever character whatever race they see fit. Have a Chinese Winston Churchill (id go with Jet Li) and a black Hitler (Idris Elba) and a white MLK (Bruce Willis).

So is you being anything but a hypocrite on these forums but just like I believe in Achilles I also believe that you might not be for once.
    ? My point was at this time period there weren’t many white people in Greece because of racial mixing.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this. White people could always use more positive role models, and who better to represent them than MLK? Talk about bridging the gap between races and really bringing people together. The only ones who have a problem with unity are bigots and racists.

In society today its very hard to speak up against a white character being replaced by a black person as you'll be called a racist etc within minutes (just look at this tread, or the one for the fantastic 4 guy being a black person all of a sudden (the torch) or black annie. etc.
    It turns into a cluster fuck of people being against it for good reason and everyone calling those people names.

You've been on this forum long enough, You know this happens every time.

Really think its time to just give up and make whatever character whatever race they see fit. Have a Chinese Winston Churchill (id go with Jet Li) and a black Hitler (Idris Elba) and a white MLK (Bruce Willis).
    For fictional characters I don't care especially if the story is good, the only time when it matters is people that lived because then it doesn't make much sense. Also Idris Elba and Bruce Willis are horrible actors no more casting choices for you.

The problem is that minorities have been trying to get into Hollywood period for decades and have been blocked out. Historically, it's taken phenomenal talent and effort for a minority to get the same opportunities as a white guy who walked into a talent agency because he was bored on his lunch break - a reason why people who bring up Morgan Freeman, and he himself with his own "minorities don't have it harder" statement, need to take a moment to reflect. In Freeman's case, he's been acting since before he could read. He has invested every moment of his life towards it. But while Morgan Freeman's a household name and widely respected, he's also never managed to land a major non-supporting role. Which is kind of incredible to realize. His fame is entirely "look, an elegant black guy's in Hollywood!" because his actual career on paper is extraordinarily average given the work he's put in.

So when you have a mountain of people desperate to take the roll, who have a mountain of talent but are denied entry simply because of their race/ethnicity/whatever word we're using today, it would be silly as hell to use the basic staple to perform the roll.