Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Unreal engine is garbage. I'd rather every game run on the WoW/OW engine. it's so much smoother than anything else on the market save Destiny 2

I think the game looks swell, and they've done an adequate job of raising the bar of the older graphics while maintaining the "feel" of them so that the old and new graphics don't clash. Runescape 3 was a game I'd contrast that with, where you can literally see the lines where the old graphics turn into the new ones in the game world.

All while Nixxiom trying to play in Suramar is the only incident I've seen or heard of severe lag despite all these graphical enhancements.

isnt the unreal engine like, really fucking shit?

just look at bless online

Deleted
    Unreal engine is terrible.

I don't know about these things but my gut feeling tells me it would almost certainly be a better decision time, money, and return on investment wise to creat an entire new game than try to convert everything to a completely different engine.

The engine is fine and IMO WoW is a good looking game still.

Deleted
    Why would you swap old car from 90's with new one from 2018 if demand of old one still brings your car renting business a profit?

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Why would you swap old car from 90's with new one from 2018 if demand of old one still brings your car renting business a profit?
    thats the worst analogy ever..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    thats the worst analogy ever..
    Strong constructive opinion, nice one.

Yes lets upgrade to Unreal 4 where the base engine itself adds at minimum 4F of input lag to every game /s

Unreal 4 is a shitty engine, with massive overhead for no real gain. It has single handedly made fighting games this gen more reads based then reaction based simply due to the additional input lag. The last thing WoW needs, which already has some network based input lag is more base line input lag on the engine level.

Most proprietary engines used by AAA companies both look and perform better then Unreal.

And why ppl still play this game wishing it was another entirely different....

7+ Year Old Account
    People have seen the few videos of some zones in Unreal engine and now they cry about remaking the whole game if new character models for Worgen and Goblins take so much time and are not done imagine how much time that would take do you want to wait 2 expansions worth of time for the art team to achieve that ?

Also as an afterthought updating the old zone graphically would be nice kinda like they did with Uther's tomb recently!
    Last edited by Ashwing; 2018-06-01 at 04:01 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwing View Post
    People have seen the few videos of some zones in Unreal engine and now they cry about remaking the whole game if new character models for Worgen and Goblins take so much time and are not done imagine how much time that would take do you want to wait 2 expansions worth of time for the art team to achieve that ?

Also as an afterthought updating the old zone graphically would be nice kinda like they did with Uther's tomb recently!
    Agreed. I'd love to see old, out-dated zones updated visually. Arathi Highlands is going to be gorgeous if the new Warfront area is ported over into the live game, rather than just instanced content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Agreed. I'd love to see old, out-dated zones updated visually. Arathi Highlands is going to be gorgeous if the new Warfront area is ported over into the live game, rather than just instanced content.
    I think it should be updated in the live game since there should be world quests and world bosses there for the faction that wins it for the week.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwing View Post
    I think it should be updated in the live game since there should be world quests and world bosses there for the faction that wins it for the week.
    That sounds really cool, I'd definitely be behind that. Maybe they're just planning on phasing it in for level 110+?