15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the third person zooming slider is now in the game.

I doubt though because it wasn't in the patch notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I hope the third person zooming slider is now in the game.

I doubt though because it wasn't in the patch notes.
    Are you on PC? Because you can already zoom out a little by holding the third mouse button and dragging down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Are you on PC? Because you can already zoom out a little by holding the third mouse button and dragging down.
    Really? Gotta try that.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You can, indeed, have multiple mutations. With the LUCK perk Starched Genes, you'll make sure that RadAways won't cure said mutations, and you won't gain new ones from radiation. And, you can buy mutation serums for around 4000 caps a pop from the Enclave, which will give you the mutation without the downsides, although I'm not sure if these are permanent.
    Woah woah, wait, what? Is there a list of how the different mutations work as serums? Because I got a mutation called empath that increased the damage I took but decreased the damage my party took. If I can get that without the downside... Holy shit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Ah nothing in the patch notes about increasing the stash capacity... it sucks, but oh well, guess the first week patch should be more about performance and bug than QOL.
    Bethesda is good for twisting truths at times but their stash limit was on point. You cant just increase the stash limit in a game like this without taking its impact on game performance into account.

The server doesnt just log your stash, it logs it for everyone. On top of that, the stashes sit on top of a bunch of scripts that aid in automatically breaking stuff down when you build and/or doing that on top of a workshops stash.

Say everyone gets 100 more slots. 20*100 = 2,000 more points of data for the server to deal with. It should be an easy enough fix but not without going under the hood and testing to make sure servers dont blow up, first.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Bethesda is good for twisting truths at times but their stash limit was on point. You cant just increase the stash limit in a game like this without taking its impact on game performance into account.

The server doesnt just log your stash, it logs it for everyone. On top of that, the stashes sit on top of a bunch of scripts that aid in automatically breaking stuff down when you build and/or doing that on top of a workshops stash.

Say everyone gets 100 more slots. 20*100 = 2,000 more points of data for the server to deal with. It should be an easy enough fix but not without going under the hood and testing to make sure servers dont blow up, first.
    There are also simple fixes that, for various reasons, aren't optimal. For instance, if they stored stash contents on your PC rather than the server, the server wouldn't need to manage it, but cheat programs could essentially add whatever you wanted to that stash once they figure out the encryption (and someone would). Especially with regards to customizing weapons and armor with "perfect" mods and loading them up.

It's why I made my earlier suggestion of display cases that aren't player-lootable in your C.A.M.P.; the servers already need to handle your build budget, which these would consume, so it's pushing the load off onto an existing system that for many (definitely for me) has unused potential at this point (my current base's build budget is something around half my total, and could easily be less).

I really don't think the stash should be unlimited, but a few tweaks to offload some heavier items and to expand it to MAYBE 600lbs would be a perfect fix IMO. It shouldn't be a bottomless pit, but I'd like to be able to keep some consumables and throw my unneeded ammo in there. And right now, I don't have the space, even trying to limit my junk to ~150-200 max of a particular item (a few I've got higher numbers on because I've heard they're in high demand for stuff like X-01 armor).

Deleted
    Woah woah, wait, what? Is there a list of how the different mutations work as serums? Because I got a mutation called empath that increased the damage I took but decreased the damage my party took. If I can get that without the downside... Holy shit!
    The wiki lists all the mutations that are also found on the Enclave terminals as serum options. The serums cost almost 4000 caps, and the vendor only had like half a dozen of them for sale, so I'm not sure if they change daily, and there's a limited selection. I have no idea how the serums work, I didn't have enough caps to buy one, nor was there one of the ones I wanted available. I remember someone somewhere saying something about the serum not having any downsides not being permanent, but as with everything, need to see it first hand to be sure. But, yeah... Pretty sweet if they have no downsides and you can keep them permanently with the perk.

Servers are back up (on PC).

Uh oh, every mob is T-posing and cannot be attacked for me so far. 10+ scorched, lol.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2018-11-19 at 05:39 PM.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

yeah 15gb didn't fix a whole lot, excavator pa still shows a double inventory bonus on login. it should be 325 for me but its 425 until you get out and back in. I can't say i had any performance issues, the servers can barely handle whitespring being nuked, the lag it causes i doubt that can be helped with the amount of npc on npc action it causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Jeez, how much shit does spawn from that bloody thing?
    A lot. Dropping a nuke is a big event. Scorched swarm the place and scorchbeasts come out of the ground as well as other radiated mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for those thinking about picking up the game once the price drops, good news:
    It's a £20 game at best, so I'll wait.

I got a key from cdkeys for £30, I think its worth it if they keep updating/fixing and adding content. I think its quite easy to progress I think if you're used to modding and upping the difficulty, the game might be set on easy/normal not hard. the end game seems to mostly be centred around random exploration, polishing off your perk card build and farming blueprints and recipes. I think I could play for a while and try to get the plans that I'm after but its practically a lotto. still if you liked just unguided exploration in fallout nv/4 then this game has that in spades. i kinda prefer doing my own thing, i like quests but I kinda prefer the whole idea of random exploration and discovery. that part of it is fine with me, fast travel is probably about as over powered as it could be, holding workshops and farming events is fun I think, i'd like to see more events, workshops are kinda meh they aren't really contested all that much and they generate resources quite slowly, i guess if you just wanna afk and chill out you can take one and sit there for a while, or go do other things and hope someone doesn't try ninja it.

the 'end game' is kinda meh but i think i might be able to generate some fun, help some newbies or something.

i joined some random guy at the start and we both levelled to about 65 over the last few days, fired a nuke, it was good fun we weren't prepared though and rushed way too much, i think my first alt i'm going to walk through it instead of sprint. the game is so dense at the start and the holotapes playing while you're in a group thats one fuck of a design conflict.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-11-19 at 06:49 PM.

Just did powering up Poseidon again for the 6th time, still no Fusion Generator pattern. RIP.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they remove you getting materials for scrapping Power Armor Chassis? You used to get a ton of stuff from it, but I just scrapped one and it listed nothing as it's scrap value.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Jeez, how much shit does spawn from that bloody thing?
    IMO, a server crash is a perfect representation of the pure magnitude of three nukes. The only appropriate response.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i joined some random guy at the start and we both levelled to about 65 over the last few days, fired a nuke, it was good fun we weren't prepared though and rushed way too much, i think my first alt i'm going to walk through it instead of sprint. the game is so dense at the start and the holotapes playing while you're in a group thats one fuck of a design conflict.
    Yeeeaaaahhhh... One big downside of having a committed partner for playing through the quests is waiting on all the holo tapes to play. We're in it for the story so we can't skip them, but there are places where you find up to six holo tapes back to back and they can ramble on for a long time.

Friendly reminder (just in case your camp got uprooted after the patch today like mine did): Items "stored" next to the blueprint area in camp construction still count against your camp budget. The "stored" blueprints can also be broken down into their base parts (ie weapon bench, armor bench, stairs, turrets, etc.) just in case the structure that is stored has been rendered unplaceable.

Well, for those thinking about picking up the game once the price drops, good news:
    Well RIP me for buying it yesterday lol.

Still only paided $33 after trade in ($23 once I get my $10 code for buying it). Not surprised its seeing a discount so soon since sales are god awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    IMO, a server crash is a perfect representation of the pure magnitude of three nukes. The only appropriate response.
    No it isn't....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Friendly reminder (just in case your camp got uprooted after the patch today like mine did): Items "stored" next to the blueprint area in camp construction still count against your camp budget. The "stored" blueprints can also be broken down into their base parts (ie weapon bench, armor bench, stairs, turrets, etc.) just in case the structure that is stored has been rendered unplaceable.
    Being able to place down my camp has also been a bit iffy in this game, even if the area is clear. And the camp saving my previous base has also been a bit iffy. So I just selected all the parts on my main structure and saved a Blueprint out of them. You can use that to rebuild an it will just use the stored pieces from your last camp.

So I haven't been on it since the patch.

Has anyone notice a performance difference at all on console?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Man Destroys Gamestop After Manager Denied His Refund For His Game Fallout 76:

The GameStop employee was super calm. Good day to quit.