Hahahahahahaha what a joke of a game. $60 for a turd.... no thanks

Already 41% off on PSN atm.

Oooooooof. And let's not pretend it's for Black Friday since it's in it's own separate tab from the Black Friday sale already going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Oooooooof. And let's not pretend it's for Black Friday since it's in it's own separate tab from the Black Friday sale already going on.
    ^probably the most significant of the lot people are debating over. PSN is infamous as a service where good games keep price for a long time and the only stuff that repeatedly shows up in sales is stuff like evolve, no mans sky, battleborn and so on which are not selling.

Yea I give it a year tops before they switch it to a f2p model to try and salvage money from this failed project. Condolences to anyone who actually spent money on this(sale price or otherwise). Hell, it already has the MTs in place just need to add more of them and reduce currency game for owners of the free version.

Definitely happening.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-23 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can not buy RDR2 for less then $59.99ish at any major store front.

If you can prove otherwise then so so. $10 off the normally $80 and $100 versions of the game is hardly putting a game on sale.

Fallout 76 is literally 30-35% off ALL versions of the game including the base at nearly every retailer.

That shit is bomba, sorry you're trying to make it seem like it's normal for BF but it's not for a game that came out a week ago.
    "RDR2 isn't on sale"

shows you sale

"Thats not on sale enough"

"Recent games aren't part of BF deals"

Uh what's the cut-off? How convenient are we going to make it for your argument? Looking at plenty of games that came out just last month that are part of Black Friday. Are those too old?

Im looking at Hitman 2 for 24% off. It came out a day before 76. Its that the cutoff?

Everyone knows Bethesda is trying to take advantage of Black Friday to push boxes...what dev taking advantage of Black Friday? Retailer?

Please miss me with the shilling for Bethesda stuff too. Just came from Thanksgiving dinner and told my people not to get the game unless they're really really into exploration, even with the game on sale. Im about to go boot it up now though.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-11-23 at 01:35 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    "RDR2 isn't on sale"
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...DEMPTION000002

It's not on sale where you claim it is.

This is what a sale on PSN looks like:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...JMTN0000000000

You know you lost this argument when you're trying to claim $70 and $90 are sale prices for a game lmfaooooooo.

Then, you try to goal post move to Hitman 2 for whatever reason. Which still is more expensive then 76. Which is an IP that did so bad recently square literally gave it to IO for free as they no longer saw value in it. Yea, I'm sure that's the sales ballpark bethesda wants to be in for fallout rofl.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-23 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You know you lost this argument when you're trying to claim $70 and $90 are sale prices for a game lmfaooooooo.
    Its less than regular retail, now? At 10-13% off now? Its listed under their Black Friday deals no? It says sale on PSN, no?

Then its a sale.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Yea boyz, get them $70 and $90 copies of RDR2 while they're hot boyz, Rockstar definitely shook and trying to get some quick sales!

10+ Year Old Account

Then, you try to goal post move to Hitman 2 for whatever reason. Which still is more expensive then 76. Which is an IP that did so bad recently square literally gave it to IO for free as they no longer saw value in it. Yea, I'm sure that's the sales ballpark bethesda wants to be in for fallout rofl.
    It's a shame what happened with Hitman 2 because it's actually a very good game. They picked a terrible time to release it imo.

Yea boyz, get them $70 and $90 copies of RDR2 while they're hot boyz, Rockstar definitely shook and trying to get some quick sales!
    Jesus Christ.

Are people seriously comparing the base 76 game to special editions of a game?

Talk about grasping at straws hard. If anything what Rockstar are doing is pure genius. Special Edition is now only £5 more than the base one which might entice people to buy it for the goodies. That is clever marketing.

What Bethesda are doing is a huge price hike so soon after a game releases for it's base product.

What I find interesting here is that whenever people need a game to deflect to so that 76 looks good it seems to be RDR2.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-11-23 at 01:53 AM.

Jesus Christ.

Are people seriously comparing the base 76 game to special editions of a game?

Talk about grasping at straws hard. If anything what Rockstar are doing is pure genius. Special Edition is now only £5 more than the base one which might entice people to buy it for the goodies. That is clever marketing.

What Bethesda are doing is a huge price hike so soon after a game releases for it's base product.

What I find interesting here is that whenever people need a game to deflect to so that 76 looks good it seems to be RDR2.
    Yea what Rockstar is doing by discounting the most expensive versions of the game is the same as when GTAV first came out on next gen and PC and they would list it in "sales" bundled with Shark Cards for higher then MSRP. They are discounting shitty bonuses to get ad space in sales, the game is still $60.

Bethesda has a panic price drop on their hands with this one, hell it's cheaper then BO4 and that has been out for almost 2 months now.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I can't for the life of me see how Bethesda could not see this backlash / feedback coming after putting out such a horrible product.
    As I've said before, I can see it improving over time and it probably will, but this game was released 2 years too early.

And if the new TES game and Starfield use the same engine, I'm kinda worried about their future.
    Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna utterly destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's the same base engine as Fallout 4, which is sitting at an 84 on metacritic on PC right now, whereas Fallout 76 on PC is at 55.

If reviewers are hitting Fallout 76 with a 30 point penalty because of the engine, that's not an honest or fair review.
    When they remove a lot of the stuff that people like about the game and leave you with very little else but the game engine, that's the result. Also, on PC at least I could mod the crap out of FO4 to remove most bugs and optimize it. No bueno for this game. And the sheer number of bugs seems staggering, especially after FO4 which was probably the least buggy Bethesda game even if that's a low ass standard. But this one has half the mobs bug out and perhaps like ass even on upgraded consoles and good PCs. That's a very poor way to make a good impression on a title that already had a hill to climb.

On top of that, clunkiness is less of a big deal when you're in a single player game with tools such as quicksave, VATS and console commands on PC. Always online means UI problems, for instance, are magnified. To say nothing of what I've heard of people losing progress when servers crash.

Plus, in the meantime, we had many companies release highly polished open world games. RDR2 especially released weeks before FO76 and showed the world what a huge, beautiful, interactive open world is. FO4's doesn't compare, remove its NPCs and it compares even less.

Bethesda got a free pass for too long. Their competition craps on them when it comes to open worlds and QA. It was a matter of time before it blew up in their face. 76 already eroded a lot of goodwill with the whole always online, few NPCs thing. Then it releases and people find out the rest of the game is a technical mess that doesn't have enough story to satisfy most RPG fans and the online/survival mechanics are too timid to satisfy people looking for another Rust or something. It makes a lot of sense that both critics and fans get fed up when we can no longer hide their bullshit behind "well the story is nice!" "well it's less buggy than the last one!" or "well just mod it!".
    Last edited by Jastall; 2018-11-23 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    When they remove a lot of the stuff that people like about the game and leave you with very little else but the game engine, that's the result. Also, on PC at least I could mod the crap out of FO4 to remove most bugs and optimize it. No bueno for this game. And the sheer number of bugs seems staggering, especially after FO4 which was probably the least buggy Bethesda game even if that's a low ass standard. But this one has half the mobs bug out and perhaps like ass even on upgraded consoles and good PCs. That's a very poor way to make a good impression on a title that already had a hill to climb.

On top of that, clunkiness is less of a big deal when you're in a single player game with tools such as quicksave, VATS and console commands on PC. Always online means UI problems, for instance, are magnified. To say nothing of what I've heard of people losing progress when servers crash.

Plus, in the meantime, we had many companies release highly polished open world games. RDR2 especially released weeks before FO76 and showed the world what a huge, beautiful, interactive open world is. FO4's doesn't compare, remove its NPCs and it compares even less.

Bethesda got a free pass for too long. Their competition craps on them when it comes to open worlds and QA. It was a matter of time before it blew up in their face. 76 already eroded a lot of goodwill with the whole always online, few NPCs thing. Then it releases and people find out the rest of the game is a technical mess that doesn't have enough story to satisfy most RPG fans and the online/survival mechanics are too timid to satisfy people looking for another Rust or something. It makes a lot of sense that both critics and fans get fed up when we can no longer hide their bullshit behind "well the story is nice!" "well it's less buggy than the last one!" or "well just mod it!".
    prepare for 'no you are wrong, I played fallout 4 and enjoy fallout 76 very much if not more, it's exactly the same except human friendly npcs, if you liked fallout 4 you should like this otherwise you are a liar and just want to hate the game cause youtubers said so!.'

endus will defend the game NO MATTER WHAT. he is a very annoying fallout fanboy that doesn't want to admit the truth. sure it's okay if he or others enjoy the game. who am i to judge them for it? but i've read his posts and the way he defends the game, or dodge the problems, jesus christ almighty man.
    i mean he gave the game a 8.5/10. do I need to say more?!?

i don't want to say more because i'll get an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Reviews are just reviews, you should always take them with a grain of salt, and you certainly don’t have to agree with every single piece of it. Watching gameplay is a nice way to form a basic opinion on it, but personal experience ends up by not meeting the expectation you get from it, thus why I am really fond of trying the games myself before buying them.

If everyone followed that kind of logic, no game would have negative reviews, every asset flip in the Steam Store would only have upvotes with comments going like “GOTY! Even better than Witcher!”… also, just because most people dislike it, doesn’t mean they ain’t interest in it, plenty of games went through similar situations and managed to change opinions later on by listening to feedback and improving on it, you think Bioware would have wasted time and resources improving animations on ME: Andromeda if it wasn’t for the backslash it got? There is nothing preventing Fallout 76 from doing the same, however if they just get the positive feedback, since you know, “if you dislike it you should just move the fuck on”, there won’t be any pressure for it, hell, it’s probably one of the reasons why games such as Skyrim still have bugs there since launch that they never bothered fixing, or why Todd has the balls of jumping on stage and mocking people by telling them “oh yeah, I heard that our games have a few bugs! Well, it’s on the internet, so it must be true!”.

No one on its right mind will complain about shit getting cheaper.

However, make no mistake, sales on a triple A game that was released a week ago isn’t a good sign for the game (at least not when you list for almost half the price), and undoubtedly many will use that to rub salt on the people who like the game, the same way some bring up shit like “Oh it looks like a PS2 game!”, it’s ridiculous, and they are aware of it, but as long as people get triggered by that shit, they will keep on it, but pretending that’s the general criticism towards the game it’s just silly tough.
    Tell me, what's the feedback to be gained from "wow, this game is bad because it went on sale?

I really like the game. It's not the same cookie cutter bullshit that is all that gets released anymore. Even with the bugs it's more entertaining than anything else that released recently that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What kind of feedback is taken from people asking if the game is bad because it’s on sale already…? I don’t get it… I mean, let’s lay down the facts, shall we?

Let’s start with the reviews just on Metacritic alone:

PC – Reviews: 55/100 User Reviews: 2.9/10
    PS4 – Reviews: 50/100 User Reviews: 2.7/10
    Xbox – Reviews 49/100 User Reviews: 2.5/10

(I know, and what I’ve said about reviews still stands.)

Next, the sales report in the UK:

… and yes, it’s just about the physical copies and it’s just in the UK alone, IT DOES NOT MEAN IT SOLD 80% less, it’s also worth considering that people use less and less physical copies, however, Fallout 4 was just released a couple years ago, it’s still a huge difference.

On top of this, 1 week later the game is being sold with an 50% discount in some websites.

Tell me, honestly, does it sound like the game is doing well? Do you really think that’s unfair to people assume that the game is just bad at this point?
    I think it's fine to like an unpopular game and sales shouldn't dictate one's opinion of a title. I can't throw shade at anyone for that considering I liked (not loved, though) Mass Effect Andromeda while everyone and their grandma was busy taking a dump on it.

It remains that 76 is clearly not what a lot of people asked for. User reviews are kind of shit all the time, but AAA games usually get a pass from big reviewers and 76 is getting absolutely hammered due to numerous technical issues, lack of content and poor design decisions which are the 3 most common complaints I see. There's usually a reason for such widespread disdain even if one doesn't have to agree with everything thrown at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, on PC at least I could mod the crap out of FO4 to remove most bugs and optimize it. No bueno for this game.
    Again, we were talking about reviews, which don't review modding. Plus, they've announced mods WILL be coming to 76.

And the sheer number of bugs seems staggering, especially after FO4 which was probably the least buggy Bethesda game even if that's a low ass standard. But this one has half the mobs bug out and perhaps like ass even on upgraded consoles and good PCs. That's a very poor way to make a good impression on a title that already had a hill to climb.
    This is wild hyperbole.

Are we seriously claiming Red Dead Redemption hasn't had tons of bugs? The horses are twitchy as hell in RDR2 from what I've seen. Like, "will burst into flames for literally no reason" twitchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    endus will defend the game NO MATTER WHAT. he is a very annoying fallout fanboy that doesn't want to admit the truth.
    If we're talking subjective preference, there is no "truth". It's just what people like.

And if we're talking objective facts, people are making shit up. I've never said 76 is perfect; I've said I'm pretty sure it's a fairly niche game and shouldn't sell as well as a mainline Fallout game as a result. Yes, there are glitches, but Bethesda's already fixed quite a few, and they're working on more. They probably should have done a longer BETA. I definitely agree that the two weeks of limited gameplay was way too short for meaningful feedback.

I'm not saying I think the reviewers should be giving this a 10/10 GOTY tag. I've said I can see them giving it a 6.5-7/10. That seems reasonable. I personally rank it higher, but that's my personal preference, which is admittedly niche. I do not see this game being ranked lower than No Man's Sky was at launch, at all, and that's what reviewers are giving it.

- - - Updated - - -

lack of content
    What "lack of content"? This is what I mean by made-up shit.

I've been pretty steadily moving through, clearing points of interest and following the questline. Just wrapped up my first solo nuke, which wasn't that hard at all as a stealth character. Most of my issues were just not understanding what the phase expected of me at first. I've got probably 65 or 70 hours into the game, and I'm only just reaching that endgame point, and there's still points of interest to get around to.

60+ hours of content is more than plenty for a AAA game.

Edit: Also, part of the reason I get snippy about this shit is because I'd like to discuss the game and how everyone is doing, here. Instead, it's constant "THIS GAME IS BAD AND IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR LIKING A BAD GAME YOU BAD". If you don't like this, fine. Literally nobody is making you play it. If sales are terrible, Bethesda is unlikely to repeat it. Speak with your wallets. Nobody's demanding you buy this and enjoy it.

But spending your time pissing in everyone's cheerios because YOU don't like cheerios is just unfriendly.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-11-23 at 04:08 AM.

Are we seriously claiming Red Dead Redemption hasn't had tons of bugs? The horses are twitchy as hell in RDR2 from what I've seen. Like, "will burst into flames for literally no reason" twitchy.
    Why does RDR2 keep being brought up in this thread? Is there some kind of superiority complex going on?

But since you bothered, I hope you're not serious with comparing Rockstar bugs which are mostly funny when they do happen to fucking Bethesda. Rockstar has the biggest QA team in gaming outside of Nintendo. Their shit is polished as hell. You're comparing the Mona Lisa to a piece of shit in the toilet if you're comparing Rockstar polish to Bethesda polish.

Again, we were talking about reviews, which don't review modding. Plus, they've announced mods WILL be coming to 76.

This is wild hyperbole.

If we're talking subjective preference, there is no "truth". It's just what people like.

And if we're talking objective facts, people are making shit up. I've never said 76 is perfect; I've said I'm pretty sure it's a fairly niche game and shouldn't sell as well as a mainline Fallout game as a result. Yes, there are glitches, but Bethesda's already fixed quite a few, and they're working on more. They probably should have done a longer BETA. I definitely agree that the two weeks of limited gameplay was way too short for meaningful feedback.

I'm not saying I think the reviewers should be giving this a 10/10 GOTY tag. I've said I can see them giving it a 6.5-7/10. That seems reasonable. I personally rank it higher, but that's my personal preference, which is admittedly niche. I do not see this game being ranked lower than No Man's Sky was at launch, at all, and that's what reviewers are giving it.

- - - Updated - - -

What "lack of content"? This is what I mean by made-up shit.

I've been pretty steadily moving through, clearing points of interest and following the questline. Just wrapped up my first solo nuke, which wasn't that hard at all as a stealth character. Most of my issues were just not understanding what the phase expected of me at first. I've got probably 65 or 70 hours into the game, and I'm only just reaching that endgame point, and there's still points of interest to get around to.

60+ hours of content is more than plenty for a AAA game.
    Probably the fairest and most accurate statements about fo76 are coming from you. I suggest anyone interested in the game read what Endus has said throughout the thread.

I purchased the game after reading through this two days after it was released. I had the same thoughts as all the naysayers here. I've had one disconnect from server in that time and zero crashes. There are bugs but that's to be expected from what is a fallout game turned multiplayer. I welcome the bugs as long as it not the same cookie cutter shovel ware shit that always gets released.