Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    How cheaply is the helmet made? I wasn't too thrilled about the pipboy I got from the FO4 special edition, which is why I didn't buy the power armor edition here.
    About as cheaply as your usual LE stuff. Saw some images and it's pretty meh, lots of rough edges, scratches, slightly fudged paint jobs etc.

Looks fine from a few feet away and looks great on a shelf or something, but when you start looking closely the corners they cut to save costs become obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    About as cheaply as your usual LE stuff. Saw some images and it's pretty meh, lots of rough edges, scratches, slightly fudged paint jobs etc.

Looks fine from a few feet away and looks great on a shelf or something, but when you start looking closely the corners they cut to save costs become obvious.
    And that's why you never buy special edition stuff... It's always garbage.

The CSR that sent the original email needs to get fired. While I can forgive a lot because I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of the game and I think they'll actually fix things with it being an online game, they really need to stop punching themselves in the face.

It is also worth noting that in order to get your 500 Atoms you need to contact customer support and supply proof of you CE purchase - I'm guessing a fair few people won't bother which just cheapens the offer.

I suppose they didn't assign a particular set of codes to the CE and it therefore is impossible to automate the compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As much as I think the actual game is okay (glitchy, but okay), the shitfest around the nylon bag is completely deserved. I love canvas stuff (carried a canvas wallet for years), and that would've been half the reason I would've gone for the Power Armor edition. Glad, in retrospect, I didn't.
    Nice to see you draw the line at fraud Endus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not. You seem to have confused my enjoyment of this particular game and my long-time enjoyment of this particular series with some kind of corporate backing.

There's plenty of Bethesda games I don't enjoy. This just isn't one of them.
    But you kind of are. You're trying to spin the tale that "the game isn't so bad" despite there being numerous issues and I'm not talking just about the bugs, glitches or performance problems, but core design decisions. What do you have to say about the broken AI? The filler fetch quests? The story which is delivered mostly through environmental storytelling and holotapes that go on for too long and speak about nothing? The PVP system being completely broken? The lack of endgame?

Bethesda made the call to turn Fallout into an online game but they forgot to implement mechanics that will make players want to interact with one another. All it can be is a poor man's coop game but even that is hindered by server limitations (such as the stash limit problem) and some design ommissions, like a lack of shared exp whenever you're in a team. Small things here and there, but they do add up and hinder the experience and that's on top of the other big issues.

All in all, I just don't see them want to commit to fixing this product as they will want to work on Starfield and Scrolls 6 (they probably already are really) and so I believe it's a waste of time. You can have plenty of better Fallout experiences, hell the fan-made "expansions" such as New California are miles better than this.

Sure you can like this piece of mess all you want, but you don't really have to come in here and play the edgy contrarian with your constant "the game isn't so bad guys really honest!" whinging. It is and there's loads of proof for it. We shouldn't support this because Bethesda will continue to stay used to the fact they can essentially exploit their fanbase as they will swallow anything they'll throw at them. I don't want the next Scrolls game to be such a poor, lazy effort on their part. This company needs to get off their paid dlc horse and get to some actual work. I think their fans deserve a bit more effort, especially now more than ever.

rant off

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    About 8 hours in:

1. I have a GTX 980 Ti, i7-4790 (OC), 32GB DDR3, multiple SSDs. Anyways, I don't think my computer is a pushover but this game stutters. All. The. Damn. Time. I've even lowered the graphics down to High and it makes the game not unplayable but not pleasant. Am I the only one experiencing this? WoW or any other game (Nioh, Prey 2, Dishonored 2, any other more demanding games) don't have this issue. I've read of stuttering issues being experienced by others but is it as bad for others as it is for me?

2. I get disconnected, all the time. If I'm coming around a corner in Morgantown, veer my mouse to the left or right too fast onto an empty street, the game fails to load the house/ apartment models and I get disconnected from the server. Very frustrating.

3. Enemy AI is bad. I mean, really bad. Scorchers often just stand there doing nothing, being nothing more than bullet sponges.

4. I found a Power Armor frame but I'm not using it. When is it worth it to use your Fusion Cores and how often do you find them?

5. Any advice on stat distribution? I'm going for a Pistol/ Rifle build.

6. Any tips on finding Adhesive? Just like FO4, gigantic pain in the ass finding a reliable source of this specific item which is needed in crafting for almost every gun upgrade.

Am I having a bad time with the game? Surprisingly enough, with the technical aspect being the worst I've played in a long time, the game isn't that awful. For a MP game, however, I find it very difficult to rationalize grouping with other people. I don't see the point. I have to sacrifice going at a slow pace for nothing in return. Anyways, I think the game is getting more shit than it deserves but Bethesda should absolutely not get a free pass releasing a game in this state.

-----------
    Quick edit: forgot to address power levels in this game. I hit Level 10 last night and I was finally able to equip this Level 10 rifle that's super decked out that I found off a unique enemy. It does 62 damage, great accuracy, has a vented barrel, tactical grip, quick magazine, and I went from 2-shotting Level 6 Scorchers to 1-shotting them.

That kind of power level structure keeps me coming back. The hunt for the next weapon or piece of armor that lets you become overpowered is actually really fun in FO76. If Bethesda got anything right, it's creating a feeling of always possibly finding the next overpowered item to let you blaze through content. I've always enjoyed this kind of gameplay and that'll probably keep me coming back for quite a while. However, seeing Level 86 dudes 2 weeks after release makes me a bit scared that there isn't that much content in this game, at all.
    Last edited by lollermittens; 2018-11-29 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    But you kind of are. You're trying to spin the tale that "the game isn't so bad" despite there being numerous issues and I'm not talking just about the bugs, glitches or performance problems, but core design decisions. What do you have to say about the broken AI?
    Depends on what you mean by "broken AI". The glitches where they just stand there need to be fixed. Other than that, it's fine.

The filler fetch quests?
    I don't agree that they even exist, not in a manner that wasn't core to basically every Fallout game before this at least.

The story which is delivered mostly through environmental storytelling and holotapes that go on for too long and speak about nothing?
    Completely in favor of the story delivery. Find it way more believable than scripted NPCs who all repeat the same lines over and over. That makes sense for robots, not living NPCs.

The PVP system being completely broken? The lack of endgame?
    PvP was never meant to be balanced. It isn't a focus of the game. The system could use some tweaks (capturing an owned workshop should count you as "slapping" the owner, there should maybe be a brief delay after returning a slap before full damage kicks in). Level scaling in PvP may need to be tweaked. But that's the kind of thing I expected would need ongoing tweaking. That happens in most online shooters I've played.

Bethesda made the call to turn Fallout into an online game but they forgot to implement mechanics that will make players want to interact with one another.
    I have had far more meaningful interactions in Fallout 76 than in any MMO I've played in recent history, through the game systems.

You can have plenty of better Fallout experiences, hell the fan-made "expansions" such as New California are miles better than this.
    Given that I was playing New California just before this launched, this is really inaccurate. That mod is a buggy mess. It's a great achievement for a mod, but it had way more stability and performance issues than I've had, with the same system, with 76.

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    About 8 hours in:

1. I have a GTX 980 Ti, i7-4790 (OC), 32GB DDR3, multiple SSDs. Anyways, I don't think my computer is a pushover but this game stutters. All. The. Damn. Time. I've even lowered the graphics down to High and it makes the game not unplayable but not pleasant. Am I the only one experiencing this? WoW or any other game (Nioh, Prey 2, Dishonored 2, any other more demanding games) don't have this issue. I've read of stuttering issues being experienced by others but is it as bad for others as it is for me?

2. I get disconnected, all the time. If I'm coming around a corner in Morgantown, veer my mouse to the left or right too fast onto an empty street, the game fails to load the house/ apartment models and I get disconnected from the server. Very frustrating.
    These seem like system issues. I get a pretty steady performance. Some slight FPS lag in some areas, but my system's not as strong as yours either.
    My biggest issue is I think my network card is dying; I'm getting little hitches every 10 seconds, but it's absolutely my wi-fi card (I can see it in the task manager, and not just in 76).

4. I found a Power Armor frame but I'm not using it. When is it worth it to use your Fusion Cores and how often do you find them?
    Fusion cores are everywhere. I don't use PA right now, but my melee character will, at endgame (because in nuke zones, it's either no armor and a hazmat suit, or power armor, and trying to run those without armor seems crazy), but my sneaky sniper does not remotely need power armor to be effective. I think raider PA unlocks at level 15, once it does, you can start using PA if you want to.

5. Any advice on stat distribution? I'm going for a Pistol/ Rifle build.
    Pick one. I went pistol, with my first character. Pistols have some issues; I think the best suppressed pistol is the 10mm, or the pipe revolver (more damage, less rounds/ROF/DPS). The revolvers are better, but can't be suppressed. Pistols also prioritize Agility. Pistols also don't have an armor penetration perk. Rifles have better suppressed top-end options, have an armor penetration perk (tank killer), but rely on Perception. Trying to do both means you'll want both stats high, and there just isn't enough in either for the other build. It's one of the reasons I started a melee character; I need respeccing to "fix" my sneaky sniper.

My melee user is minoring in pistols, since I still like stealth, but I won't cap agility out. I think my build calls for 11 points, at most. There's more useful stuff in Agi than Perception, or I'd have gone with rifles again. If you're looking for a primary weapon, and you want pistols or rifles, go rifles. Trying to juggle both is a headache.

6. Any tips on finding Adhesive? Just like FO4, gigantic pain in the ass finding a reliable source of this specific item which is needed in crafting for almost every gun upgrade.
    Like with FO4, go into Junk, go to Component View, find adhesive, and hit Space to mark lootable items that scrap into adhesive. You can also create a vegetable starch farm like you could in Fo4, at your CAMP. There's always going to be SOMETHING you're chronically short of, in this game.

Screw the haters. Fallout 76 is amazing! I've been playing it non-stop with my wife and her boyfriend. So grateful that he brought it for me 

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Screw the haters. Fallout 76 is amazing! I've been playing it non-stop with my wife and her boyfriend. So grateful that he brought it for me 
    Okay, you got my attention. Tell me more.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    At this point im sure that F76 is just social experiment on how far can game company go and still be defended. There is no way to screw this much unintentionally.

I just hope it will quiet down soon because im sick of 50 F76 videos in suggested section on youtube.
    Pretty sure Bethesda and ActiBlizz took a bet to see who could fuck up the most. So far it seems Beth is winning.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Pretty sure Bethesda and ActiBlizz took a bet to see who could fuck up the most. So far it seems Beth is winning.
    And EA also tries its hardest with BF5. But so far bethesda is in strong lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    How cheaply is the helmet made? I wasn't too thrilled about the pipboy I got from the FO4 special edition, which is why I didn't buy the power armor edition here.
    Looks super cheap to me:

Even stuff from amazon is better quality.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Everything I've seen for BF5 has been positive though. Most of the big FPS steamers love the fact BF5 is more like BF3 relying on small team tactics and isn't a zerg fest like BF1.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything I've seen for BF5 has been positive though. Most of the big FPS steamers love the fact BF5 is more like BF3 relying on small team tactics and isn't a zerg fest like BF1.
    Outside of sales. And reception of...how do they call it ? "Creative interpretation of history" ?

7+ Year Old Account
    EA alr did it with Battlefront 2. They paved the way, you could say it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Meanwhile, Obsidian choose a great time to remind us who is actually making a Fallout successor in spirit.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...65336639250432

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Meanwhile, Obsidian choose a great time to remind us who is actually making a Fallout successor in spirit.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...65336639250432

https://kg-portal.ru/img/75087/main.jpg
    Tim Cain, you say? Not that this has anything to do with Fallout 76, but, why not...

Fallout was a great Fallout.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m really glad I didn’t spend any money on fall 76 even thou I was actually thinking of buying the CE back when it was announced.
    Such a clusterfuck of a project

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Fallout was a great Fallout.
    Implying that fallout wasn't continuation of wasteland.