10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    You can't sell individual pieces of say steel scrap, you have to create a bulk of it to sell.
    Ok, not so pointless then

7+ Year Old Account
    Me and a buddy gave it a shot. We're both pretty avid Fallout players and frankly, we're pretty pissed that we wasted our money. They have a shitty engine that's been plagued with bugs and has been horribly optimized for years and instead of actually addressing the engine, they keep expanding it, making it worse. Fallout 76 is effectively Fallout 4 with all the bugs, no real content and some half-assed multiplayer implementation. As far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't be out of beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Me and a buddy gave it a shot. We're both pretty avid Fallout players and frankly, we're pretty pissed that we wasted our money. They have a shitty engine that's been plagued with bugs and has been horribly optimized for years and instead of actually addressing the engine, they keep expanding it, making it worse. Fallout 76 is effectively Fallout 4 with all the bugs, no real content and some half-assed multiplayer implementation. As far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't be out of beta.
    I would disagree that there is no content, that's just a flat out lie.

Bugs, yes. Bugs galore.

How much did you pay for it? I got it for £19 and you can currently get it for £17 on the PC.

I also had some stuttering, what I did was cap my frames to 50fps. I can't tell the difference between 50fps and 60fps anyway, but it's terrible that I had to do that to fix stuttering. I have a 4k monitor and I have to make it 1080 for this game, 4k is unplayable.

I also used some mods to fix some settings, the FoV is horrible and unplayable with default settings.

What bugs have you come across, as I didn't notice many (apart from performance issues) at first. It's the later missions that require me to relog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I would disagree that there is no content, that's just a flat out lie.
    I didn't say there wasn't any content, I said there was no real content. Random monsters and holotapes is typical Fallout fare. The problem is, that's 90% of the game. I don't want to read a half-dozen pages of text in a shitty green UI that was outdated 2 games ago. It's 2018, FFS. Also, the character creator is virtually a direct port from Fallout 4, with the same limitations and the same horrible results. Even the characters in the trailer look like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What bugs have you come across, as I didn't notice many (apart from performance issues) at first. It's the later missions that require me to relog.
    You shouldn't have to relog. If it's not working like it's supposed to, it's broken. I've ran into numerous bugs, from random crashes to fighting monsters my teammate couldn't even see. Hell, I have screenshots of him standing beside himself. Like I said, it's my opinion, base on my decades of gaming and game development, that FO76 was not ready to leave beta.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-12-08 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    it's my opinion, base on my decades of gaming and game development, that FO76 was not ready to leave beta.
    I agree with that opinion, I've stated numerous times it's an early access game. It's worth the £19 I spent on it, as that's the price I expect to pay for an early access game.

I've not played in a group yet as all my friends refuse to buy it, even for £17. So I can't speak for bugs in group play.

There is actually a lot more than I thought robots that give you quests and they talk to you a lot. I agree that doesn't make up for you not talking back to them, you just stand there not saying anything at all. Which is a problem, but there are many online games like that.

This is a Fallout 4 DLC to me, the only new things is that it's online (and the map). Everything else is taken from Fallout 4. The talent tree/perk system is cool though.

edit: What is the point in these atom credits? All the cosmetic stuff looks like shit. Guess I'm just spoiled from mods in the other games.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-12-08 at 01:23 AM.

Still loving this game over 150 hours in.

Fuck you all.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

Fuck you all.
    Eh?

Nobody is saying you can't love the game though?

Now I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh?

Nobody is saying you can't love the game though?

Now I'm confused.
    Oh I have been shit on plenty because of my love for this game. I have been told that I am actively hurting an entite industry for liking it.

And Obsidian announcing this new game right around the time FO76 is released just proves my theory about Fallout fans being bitter ever since Bethesda slighted them.

“Ooooh, we as gamers don’t like this buisnss deal so we are going to piss on every product you release afterwords” out of some fucked up desire to “fight the man”

Oh I have been shit on plenty because of my love for this game.
    Nothing wrong with loving the game, But it is factually a bad game and has been handled badly..

People love the movie Rubber but its factually a bad movie. Something can be so bad you enjoy it.

People can spend as much $$ on shit as they wish, But when you drop $60 on a broken mess of a game it shows the publisher can get away with releasing broken games.

Hell Bethesda's rep has always been (The community will fix it) and I don't get why some people think that's a good thing. 15 years ago you got paid to be a beta tester and now people give company's $60 to be one.

Enjoy the game by all means, I hope everyone who still plays it enjoys it. But you can't ignore the issues it has and how shit both it and Bethesda has been.

Edit: Also ironic you say that and yet only reason you posted in the Outer World thread is to shit on it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-12-08 at 12:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nothing wrong with loving the game, But it is factually a bad game and has been handled badly..

People love the movie Rubber but its factually a bad movie. Something can be so bad you enjoy it.

People can spend as much $$ on shit as they wish, But when you drop $60 on a broken mess of a game it shows the publisher can get away with releasing broken games.

Hell Bethesda's rep has always been (The community will fix it) and I don't get why some people think that's a good thing. 15 years ago you got paid to be a beta tester and now people give company's $60 to be one.

Enjoy the game by all means, I hope everyone who still plays it enjoys it. But you can't ignore the issues it has and how shit both it and Bethesda has been.

Edit: Also ironic you say that and yet only reason you posted in the Outer World thread is to shit on it.

People said Rust was a bad game as well.

People said Rust was a bad game as well.
    Wasn't Rust in early access for a few years and cost $20 when it first released in early access? And only recently went up to $40 when it came out of early access?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 76 is a good game though.

It's buggy, yes.

Is it worth £50? No (and it deserves criticism for charging this). It is an early access game worth £20. Luckily on PC you can buy it for below £20.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-12-08 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Obsidian announcing this new game right around the time FO76 is released just proves my theory about Fallout fans being bitter ever since Bethesda slighted them.
    The weirdest thing about that is the "you can't like Fallout 76, you should like The Outer Worlds" stuff. And I'm sitting here giggling because this kind of sci-fi is my favorite thing, and I'm getting even more of it. I'll take both, thanks. Got a third game in the genre that wants to announce? I don't have to pick a favorite. And even if I have one, that doesn't stop me enjoying the rest.

Fallout 76 is buggy, but there's a really good game in there. It needed 2-4 months of full beta to iron these kinks out before launch (by "full beta", I mean 24/7 access outside of downtime, not the "here's 4 hours on a Tuesday" stuff they did, which pushed everyone to play rather than test since they had limited time). But the core systems all work, in a game sense. The looting and shooting and crafting and nuking all "work", and provide a good platform for expansion post-launch. Some tweaks may be necessary beyond fixing the bugs, but that's normal "tuning an online game over time" type stuff that happens in basically every online game.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-12-08 at 03:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Fuck you all.
    Oh maaaaaan. You relly shown us.

Oh I have been shit on plenty because of my love for this game. I have been told that I am actively hurting an entite industry for liking it.
    Don't play victim card pls. Noone really cares what you love.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-12-08 at 05:57 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Fuck you all.
    You can love bad things. My friend is an avowed fan of Michael Bay, he loves all of the guy's films, including Armageddon or the later Transformer flicks. He's not wrong for loving them, but they're still bad movies.

I like the game a lot, but unfortunately it's really buggy and there's no endgame besides hoping certain high-level events spawn or farming two particular nuke zones.

1. They need to fix bugs, and do it quickly. This is an online game, so Bethesda can't be lazy about patches like they were with Skyrim and Fallout 4. The carry-weight bug was discovered last patch and they still haven't addressed it, even though it makes for excruciating gameplay, especially with the long load times.

2. They need tougher enemies. Besides Mirelurk Queens and hordes of Colonel Gutsy robots, most of the enemies aren't a challenge, especially in power armor. Either buff the damage of endgame enemies, or allow for level 100+ ones to spawn.

3. They need to release the Vaults as instanced "dungeons" for my friends and I to do. Fill them with traps, tough enemies and a few legendary bosses, and have them use daily lockouts or something, like WoW does. Have them scale to player level/amount of players so that anyone can do them, solo or with friends. They should have had this at launch.

Defend Dolly Sods they said. Take down a Scorchbeast they said. They didn't say it would bring 2 friends. About 40 diluted stimpacks later, 3 Scorchbeasts dead vs a lvl 99 melee. Only died once, and got... an ice machine out of it all...

I liked the concept of a Fortnite-esque Fallout game, but they really shit out a buggy product that puts such an idea to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    use daily lockouts or something, like WoW does
    !@#$ lockouts.

That's just lazy game design. Why should I be restricted on what I can or can't do for artificial reasons such as the reallife time of day ?

You can accomplish the same goal by providing temporary and constantly changing incentives to content without actually denying or diminishing access to other aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    I like the game a lot, but unfortunately it's really buggy and there's no endgame besides hoping certain high-level events spawn or farming two particular nuke zones.

1. They need to fix bugs, and do it quickly. This is an online game, so Bethesda can't be lazy about patches like they were with Skyrim and Fallout 4. The carry-weight bug was discovered last patch and they still haven't addressed it, even though it makes for excruciating gameplay, especially with the long load times.

2. They need tougher enemies. Besides Mirelurk Queens and hordes of Colonel Gutsy robots, most of the enemies aren't a challenge, especially in power armor. Either buff the damage of endgame enemies, or allow for level 100+ ones to spawn.

3. They need to release the Vaults as instanced "dungeons" for my friends and I to do. Fill them with traps, tough enemies and a few legendary bosses, and have them use daily lockouts or something, like WoW does. Have them scale to player level/amount of players so that anyone can do them, solo or with friends. They should have had this at launch.
    I heard they had plans to release the Vaults as raids. I mean, of course they are planning on doing something with them because it would be pretty lame to put some Vaults in your game that can't even be opened. They still have 4+ star legendaries that could drop too. But I guess they are holding those in until people level up and they fix the game. Just like with WoW.