10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So... you would have them treat owning a faster video card as cheating? Seems a bit harsh.
    Owning a faster video card and editing configuration files to cheat the game's systems. This stuff requires an .ini edit, it's not just having a faster card.

Edit: I'll provide a caveat that the .ini edits SHOULD be relatively benign, outside of this. I understand why people would have a reason to make them. I'm just saying either plug the hole, or check the .ini and lock down those settings if you can't.

Also, the one really ugly video in the link there is actually on Fallout 4's engine, there's been no clear video evidence backing that kind of attack speed increase on 76 that I've seen, after poking around.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-10-31 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Owning a faster video card and editing configuration files to cheat the game's systems. This stuff requires an .ini edit, it's not just having a faster card.

Edit: I'll provide a caveat that the .ini edits SHOULD be relatively benign, outside of this. I understand why people would have a reason to make them. I'm just saying either plug the hole, or check the .ini and lock down those settings if you can't.

Also, the one really ugly video in the link there is actually on Fallout 4's engine, there's been no clear video evidence backing that kind of attack speed increase on 76 that I've seen, after poking around.
    And what if I edit the configuration files, so the game runs like any other game on my computer? If they require locking the frame rate to prevent "cheating" they had best make that impossible to change and had better ship the game with a computer able to put out the required FPS. Don't forget the negative side of this, if you can't run the game at full speed you're "slowed down".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

99% of the people want to play on PC because they dont want to play locked to 30 fps.. This is a serious fuckup from Bethesda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit, they still haven't fixed that issue? Does anyone at Bethesda even bloody play their games on PC? This is mind bogglingly stupid.
    It's not a bug, it's a "feature"

I also think TB is rolling in his grave screaming.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Perhaps, if the engine being tied to framerate -issue is, or becomes severe enough in Fallout 76, it will push Bethesda to figure out how to change the engine in such a way as to write that whole mechanic out of it, and then it won't carry over to Starfield and TESVI. It hasn't been much of an issue before, seeing as though people can cheat all they like in single player games, and if you want to make yourself be faster by having a faster framerate in Fallout 4 or any game prior to that, go for it. What does it matter.

I don't know if it matters all that much in Fallout 76 either, seeing as though PvP truly isn't that big of a deal in it, and it's not much of a competition in any way or form, but, as said, perhaps if it does matter enough, they'll finally put in the hours into figuring out how to change that part of the engine.

People will be posting on the official forums, and on the subreddit about it, so Beth devs will see those posts. What will absolutely nothing, though, is snark and hyperbolic toxicity, in this thread, or in a Bethesda-hater circlejerk like r/Fallout and its Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    99% of the people want to play on PC because they dont want to play locked to 30 fps.. This is a serious fuckup from Bethesda.
    This is just false. The majority of people seem to not care. Lets take the launch of Fallout 4 for example.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/com...fuck_ton_more/
    While their games are far better on pc thanks to the amazing mod community, it seems like the console market nets them more game sales.

Man I was expecting some fuckups, but some of this is next level shit, even by Bethesda standards.

Deleted

Also, on a different note, I for have to give props to Chris Avellone for defending Bethesda as much as he's doing, and fighting back at the "this isn't a beta" -bullshit. Good on you, Avellone.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/with_replies
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-11-01 at 05:55 AM.

Beta weeks before a game comes out aren't betas. They are literal stress tests and preorder bait for early access, and free demos to try to attract customers once they open them up to all.

But I mean people who buy them as actual betas probably think e3 gameplay demos are actually "pre alpha". Marketing has literally destroyed the terms of alphas and betas in video games.

A bethesda game is broken in it's "beta" status. It will be broken 5 years after it's released as well. It's a bethesda game, and literally their trademark. They literally sued a company for finding the same bug in their app lmfao...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-01 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    This is just false. The majority of people seem to not care. Lets take the launch of Fallout 4 for example.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/com...fuck_ton_more/
    While their games are far better on pc thanks to the amazing mod community, it seems like the console market nets them more game sales.
    Let me rephrase to avoid confusion:
    99% of the people who bought the game on PC to play on PC did so they dont have to play on 30 fps and 0 draw distance.

99% of the people who bought the game on PC to play on PC did so they dont have to play on 30 fps and 0 draw distance.
    Draw Distance actually isn't much of an issue with modern consoles... That is mostly tied to VRAM and that's one area where the current consoles actually aren't that far behind modern recommended GPUs for games. GTAV for example on PS4 is literally one level lower then the absolute max draw distance you can make it on PC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-01 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    Guess I'm in the 1% then, because I bought the game on PC solely because I don't own a console, and even if I did, a capped framerate and draw distance would not have been my reason to play it on a PC. There are plenty of more relevant reasons to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. I don't have a console
    2. Even if I did, I would never play anything 3D shooter-esque with a gamepad.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Beta weeks before a game comes out aren't betas. They are literal stress tests and preorder bait for early access, and free demos to try to attract customers once they open them up to all.
    Right, but it seems like this one is playing like an actual beta, broke all over the place and not seeming to be in 'days from launch' state.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be ok to ask for people to play with in this thread? If so, I am looking for friends to explore and enjoy the game, preferable european time zone but wouldnt exclude anyone. Guessing this game will be more fun to play together.

If interested, drop me a private message and I’ll add you later during todays beta.

Lets kick names and take ass in this wasteland ������

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

But I mean people who buy them as actual betas probably think e3 gameplay demos are actually "pre alpha". Marketing has literally destroyed the terms of alphas and betas in video games.

A bethesda game is broken in it's "beta" status. It will be broken 5 years after it's released as well. It's a bethesda game, and literally their trademark. They literally sued a company for finding the same bug in their app lmfao...
    This.

Fallout 76 is going to be a shitshow on launch no matter what. It's the Bethesda standard.

And quite frankly if bugs like this with the launcher are being found so close to release then I hate to see what bugs are going to be found post launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochinko View Post
    Would it be ok to ask for people to play with in this thread? If so, I am looking for friends to explore and enjoy the game, preferable european time zone but wouldnt exclude anyone. Guessing this game will be more fun to play together.

If interested, drop me a private message and I’ll add you later during todays beta.

Lets kick names and take ass in this wasteland ������
    Seems desperate, but sure! I'm in as Kujako-Joe since apparently someone else took Kujako.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Good time for me to get strep and bronchitis at the same time. I get to play the entire beta today being off from work.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Good time for me to get strep and bronchitis at the same time. I get to play the entire beta today being off from work.
    Hopefully on PC it wont be overrun by people exploiting that FPS "speedhack" now that the whole world knows about it. I do suspect this will be one of the first things fixed post launch, EVEN if it is just with a bandaid fix like a Vsync or hardlock FPS cap. I'd be okay with either if it were just a temp fix while they did a more permanent fix. Though would prefer the ladder over the former since Vsync can cause input lag.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Hopefully on PC it wont be overrun by people exploiting that FPS "speedhack" now that the whole world knows about it. I do suspect this will be one of the first things fixed post launch, EVEN if it is just with a bandaid fix like a Vsync or hardlock FPS cap. I'd be okay with either if it were just a temp fix while they did a more permanent fix. Though would prefer the ladder over the former since Vsync can cause input lag.
    I don't think it would have much impact on me even if everyone was doing it, unless it caused server issues. I only saw 2 other people up close in Tuesday's beta.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.