Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Depends on how the implement them.

It's looking like they may not actually be sold on the store, but will be a reward for things like seasonal events. Bethesda is holding fast and claiming that the paid MTXs will only be the cosmetic items, and not loot boxes.

Their official statement is that they have no plans to SELL them and they will be obtainable via playing. And I do think they are smart enough at this point to not put their foot in their mouth and lie about this, not after everything else that happened.
    Beyond the 2 weeks before launch 'there won't be any p2w' comment what else is suggesting they are not going to be sold in the store?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Things the strings could represent;

1> An idea they had but discarded early in development, and just never removed the related strings, in case they became useful later
    1a> As an example, maybe players used to drop lunchboxes rather than paper bags.
    2> A CAMP item that's useable, providing a buff to anyone in the radius when used (since there's buff strings attached)
    3> A droppable item, perhaps related to new event content or something seasonal
    4> An item planned for placement in the world, that would spawn some random gewgaws and maybe a buff.

We really have no idea. They presumption that they're lootboxes is entirely connected to the idea that 1> there seems to be Atom shop tagging on some strings, and 2> lootboxes in Fallout Shelter were lunchboxes.

I think presuming Fallout Shelter to be the model is a bit off. Especially with the strings hinting at an AoE buff effect when opened.
    Nah its probaly this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Online_Studios

Their other branch is making a killing, so they will go for them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

God I hope they fix the closing bug this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh sure, they already existed kind of like that back in Fallout 4, launch boxes would shoot a bunch of confetti and give you some random junk item, it might be just something similar.

Either way I believe they original intended to have loot boxes and sell perk cards, however that changed as soon as they started seeing the kind of reaction people had towards that possibility, it would be pretty dumb at this point to go back and add them in just like that…
    I don't think they did. Especially the Perk Cards. They made it very clear early on that those were not going to be obtainable via MTX. And so far their MTX model has been EXACTLY what they promised. Actually I've seen way worse MTX models. You earn a lot of ATOMS just by playing, so they didn't like: you can earn anything via play...and not exactly at a slow rate either.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...can_be_stolen/

I didn't know this, good bit of info to consider. Don't use public power armor stations to mod or repair, use ones in your camp I guess.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I have a hard time believing that with a system like that the idea didn't at least crossed their mind early on...
    IF it had, it was well before they did the official announcement for the game where they explicitly said: They will never be sold as a MTX.

They may make stupid mistakes, but I highly doubt they would outright lie about something like that. They have seen what things like that did to games such as Battlefront.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Nice, someone put 37 fusion cores in the suitcase at Watoga station. My hero.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you seriously trying to argue that the leak was deliberate? Because that's the only way you could think I'm "lying".
    You said that no one was hurt by bugs. That's a lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You said that no one was hurt by bugs. That's a lie
    No. I didn't.

Stop making up bullshit.

Plus weren't you told that playing the game wasn't enough anymore? That you needed at least 300 hours played to have an opinion on it?
    Yep and that's one argument that has always annoyed me.

"Play X hours in a game and it will get better I promise." If a game doesn't hook you from minute one then that is a major design flaw.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I fully agree with that, especially after all the shit they got already, again, it would be pretty stupid of them to try to pull that at this point.
    that is properly why they are going to do it. At the end of the line they can't make people happy, they fucked it up too bad.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'm not going to defend any of these fuck ups by Bethesda, but I am having a lot of fun playing the game with friends.

Simply put, this game should have come out October 2019, at the minimum. It is so not ready. Even in its current state I'm enjoying myself, but it could be so much more!

I will have serious reservations in the future for any game they release.
    You can have fun with friends on any game. The real test is if the game is fun on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and that's one argument that has always annoyed me.

"Play X hours in a game and it will get better I promise." If a game doesn't hook you from minute one then that is a major design flaw.
    I get what you mean but some worlds/characters are so deep you need a bit of time to set them up before you can run with the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I get what you mean but some worlds/characters are so deep you need a bit of time to set them up before you can run with the ideas.
    Yea I think the key difference is there are games/stories with slow starts where you can feel they are leading to big things and are gonna be good even if they aren't right away.

Then there is this game that you can play for 5 mins and know it's shit, and some guy on a MB is trying to tell you no wai gui play for 200 hours get best gear and then one shot everything and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better trust me!

Actually I was being nice, I don't even need to play it for 5 mins to know it's shit. I can watch 5 seconds on youtube to know it's shit.

I don't think we should attribute malice in the case of the lunchboxes. I know it's fun to bash on Bethesda for putting their entire leg in their mouth at this point, but I see no reason to not take them at their word in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit more detailed:

Pretty damn big evidence that something is fishy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the silence from Bethesdda is just them gauging the reaction of this fiasco. If it isn't too extreme, they'll go ahead with the lootbox's for atoms. If it's extreme, they'll do a free lootbox weekly and also sell them for atoms. It's what I'd do.

Is there a way to clear all your tagged items for loot? I can't even remember what I used to tag so long ago and I don't need gears and crap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Right I don't disagree at all, That's when you need the gameplay to hook you in. So you enjoy it enough to get to that sweet spot in the story/world bulding.

Something (Gameplay,Story,World) has to be good for the get go. Waiting 20+ hours for one of those three to play off shows a game is broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you haven’t played the game.
    Oh, you only played the “beta”.
    Oh, you only played 50 hours, you need to play at least 300 hours.
    Oh, you haven’t yet sacrificed a single virgin in its name…

It’s just a cheap ass way to attempting to dismiss an opinion that you simply disagree with.
    Fully agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A bit more detailed:

Pretty damn big evidence that something is fishy.
    Here is my surprised face.........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't think we should attribute malice in the case of the lunchboxes. I know it's fun to bash on Bethesda for putting their entire leg in their mouth at this point, but I see no reason to not take them at their word in this case.
    How about the fact they false advertised the CE, That shows their word is worth less then a grain of salt.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Pretty sure the silence from Bethesdda is just them gauging the reaction of this fiasco. If it isn't too extreme, they'll go ahead with the lootbox's for atoms. If it's extreme, they'll do a free lootbox weekly and also sell them for atoms. It's what I'd do.
    It just dumb to try to implement them at all at this point, conisdering all the mess with the game going on. It's like they don't understand that they keep digging a deeper hole. They give the game negative press week after week.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-12-17 at 10:49 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.