Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    May have wondered this before, but since newer information came out about upcoming events, it seemed a way to talk about it more.

So the information we have about mag'har orcs joining the horde is this.

Spoilers:

We're sent to AU draenor to recruit draenor orcs to join the horde. When arrive there its 30 years after the events of warlords of draenor, and in this alternative timeline (which would be in line with the current azeroth timeline, just in an alternative reality), the draenei lead by Yrel have used the light to bring orcs into their rule, either by choice or by force, making the orcs under their rule able to summon the light.

With durotan having lead a resistance against these draenei and their use of force to convert orcs to their fold, he was killed, and his daughter Geya'rah took over, leading the resistance. These are the orcs we bring into the current horde on azeroth, and guessing several of them (orc priests) were once shadowmoon orcs who the light forge draenei (Yrel's order) forced to follow the light, but joined Geya'rah's resistance and left to join the horde on azeroth.

This is a bit muddled considering, since this does actually give canon reason for these orcs to use holy magic, orc course like with a lot of upcoming allied races, having an orc like this, who was made a slave to the light by the light forged draenei, to now using that power against the alliance (but not before leveling to 100 and joining the priest order to help MU velen and other draenei who said orc should hate at this stage).

But, despite how muddled it all is, having orcs with holy magic (and shadow magic since they would have been shadowmoon orcs originally) does have at least some canon to it, more so then holy forsaken.

I'm so making a mag'har disc priest.
    The tradition of orc priests goes back even further than WOD. Orc necrolytes were basically proto shadow priests. In fact, the concept of shadow priest came about after Natalie Saline delved into their teachings. Priests in wow have evolved to use the tenants of both light and shadow to varying degrees. As for myself, I want to make a shattered hand assassin to add to my enormous stable of alts. A bit sad that we don't have Kargath's sweet locks as a hair option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like some contrast between lightforged and lightbound, but it almost seems like blizzard are attempting to blur the line between them, despite them being different in concept, one being an army that's been fighting demons for thousands of years, the other being a group of fanatics who after having no demons to fight turned to converting others to their way of thinking by force.

The expansions not even out yet and already they f**ked up their own lore
    #boycottchina

I'd like some contrast between lightforged and lightbound, but it almost seems like blizzard are attempting to blur the line between them, despite them being different in concept, one being an army that's been fighting demons for thousands of years, the other being a group of fanatics who after having no demons to fight turned to converting others to their way of thinking by force.

The expansions not even out yet and already they f**ked up their own lore
    The fight against the legion is not what really defines the lightforged though, in their own introduction video they call themselves instruments of its power and the one true path of the light they follow. Ultimately the moment the Naaru send them on another crusade they will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Anyone can wield the light, being a paladin is really nothing special.
    Its not about how far is Blizzard ready to prone their lore. Its about if they ready to mock in shit their old traditions and worldbuilding. The Orc Paladin is cross line and like I already said when they cross it I'm gonna use their Chronicles Volumes as toilet paper.

Same can be applied to things like Tauren Mage/Warlock, Gnomes Druids/Shamans and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    Its not about how far is Blizzard ready to prone their lore. Its about if they ready to mock in shit their old traditions and worldbuilding. The Orc Paladin is cross line and like I already said when they cross it I'm gonna use their Chronicles Volumes as toilet paper.

Same can be applied to things like Tauren Mage/Warlock, Gnomes Druids/Shamans and etc.
    Well, let's be honest, blizzard had already gone their with legion and illidans quest line. In having the prime narru force him, trapped, to conform to the light, only for him to kill her, and the cathartic feel it gave players, means people are ready to accept the light, that force people accepted since early Warcraft as a force of good, perhaps isn't what they assumed it was all this time.

Either that, or it shows the fact the light isn't just 'good', its just a force that creatures in the universe use, and when those creatures go insane or have corrupted ideas, the light is used as a weapon the same way void or the elements are.
    #boycottchina

Well, let's be honest, blizzard had already gone their with legion and illidans quest line. In having the prime narru force him, trapped, to conform to the light, only for him to kill her, and the cathartic feel it gave players, means people are ready to accept the light, that force people accepted since early Warcraft as a force of good, perhaps isn't what they assumed it was all this time.

Either that, or it shows the fact the light isn't just 'good', its just a force that creatures in the universe use, and when those creatures go insane or have corrupted ideas, the light is used as a weapon the same way void or the elements are.
    Blizzard can prone the story and lore as they want and make even gnome druids are logical from point of view of the lore they create. But. When they cross old traditions and lines like orc paladin or playable humans in Horde or even making these gnome druids etc its THE END.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post

Orcs using the light isn't so far fetched (Oshugun) but it's only strange because without the dreanei the orcs never got any clarification that the big ass crystal mountain they communed with housed a Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That would be an interesting wrinkle on the "Mag'har" scenario for AU Draenor, I agree. What was interesting to me about the Mag'har recruitment was that the Draenei and the Mag'har seem to be fighting over some nebulous event occurring to their Draenor - the Lightbound cries include "You have ruined this land! It is not too late to save it!" and "This once-fertile land is now lifeless dust. That's what your hate has done!" But the Mag'har counter that it was the Light that seemed to cause this undefined ruination or desolation, so it seems "something" is happened to AU Draenor and the two sides are blaming one another for it as opposed to fighting the actual cause (whatever it actually is). I'm actually of a mind that the AU timeline itself is beginning to disintegrate, which is something that "Chronicle Vol. 3" once more verifies happens to these alternate timeways once they reach a certain point in their own respective lives, and as their universe is beginning to wear thin it is effecting the world negatively and causing the desolation they're fighting over.
    I think this would be a brilliant way to close the AU Draenor story, without destroying it all and making WoD totally irrelevent. When Geya'rah and her Mag'har come to Azeroth, the one who opened the new portal (was it a bronze dragon?) could tell them that the link to Draenor has been severed, as if that world had ceased to exist, or had never even existed. The timeline has reasserted itself. The Mag'har would be all that remained of Draenor and their fate would now be bound to Azeroth's. They end the storyline, we will not return there ever, and they keep one of the cooler elements of WoD.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

No offense mate, but Orc Shamans should remain being the spiritual part of their society and people. They are already more badass than most religious classes in WoW, save the Paladins and Druids, who make this statement arguable. There is no need for Orc Priests, Mag'har or not. That slot is taken by Shamans and almost partially by Warlocks, and may it remain forever so.
    Leave the light to the Draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think this would be a brilliant way to close the AU Draenor story, without destroying it all and making WoD totally irrelevent. When Geya'rah and her Mag'har come to Azeroth, the one who opened the new portal (was it a bronze dragon?) could tell them that the link to Draenor has been severed, as if that world had ceased to exist, or had never even existed. The timeline has reasserted itself. The Mag'har would be all that remained of Draenor and their fate would now be bound to Azeroth's. They end the storyline, we will not return there ever, and they keep one of the cooler elements of WoD.
    Brilliant.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2018-06-05 at 07:33 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."