Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Yea, we do see, every day on this forum when someone bitches about "SJWs" and all they are bitching about is not liking the way a movie is made.
    Whatever. But in terms of Jurassic World 2, we'll see if it suffers from liberal/SJW contamination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Whatever. But in terms of Jurassic World 2, we'll see if it suffers from liberal/SJW contamination.
    I seriously can't even grasp what you people think this means. Since it seems to come up any time a film;

1> Has a female character who isn't a sex object or reward token or caretaker,
    2> Has a minority character who isn't a cardboard cliche and even (*gasp*!) might be the protagonist
    3> Has the gall to have a political outlook that isn't in lockstep with the far-right nationalists, which represents a tiny fraction of humanity to begin with

Literally every time the complaint comes up, you can point to one of the three and you nail what you're complaining about.

Take Jurassic Park, the original. That's a film that had a female scientist as a major protagonist, had a deep anti-capitalist pro-environmentalist theme, and so forth. The series is a "liberal/SJW" series, by the standards you folks use.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I seriously can't even grasp what you people think this means. Since it seems to come up any time a film;

2> Has a minority character who isn't a cardboard cliche and even (*gasp*!) might be the protagonist
    3> Has the gall to have a political outlook that isn't in lockstep with the far-right nationalists, which represents a tiny fraction of humanity to begin with

Literally every time the complaint comes up, you can point to one of the three and you nail what you're complaining about.

Take Jurassic Park, the original. That's a film that had a female scientist as a major protagonist, had a deep anti-capitalist pro-environmentalist theme, and so forth. The series is a "liberal/SJW" series, by the standards you folks use.
    You know, this gave me a great idea. When someone spits out some alt-right silliness, we should tell them to stop with all that "SJW nonsense".

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    You do realise political correctness in itself is just an act right? Parading and preaching a more progressive society just so people can feel better about their own ugliness?
    Putting aside that you are singling out political correctness to make your point, by this logic, for example, all laws are pointless because if people really want to do something, having a law in place as a deterrent is just a sham.
    Last edited by tyrlaan; 2018-06-07 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously can't even grasp what you people think this means.
    Wha-huh??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    all laws are pointless because if people really want to do something, having a law in place as a deterrent is just a sham.
    But laws aren't a farce to parade a false sense of paradise. They are actual undertakings established by society to discourage malicious behaviour, unlike PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    But laws aren't a farce to parade a false sense of paradise. They are actual undertakings established by society to discourage malicious behaviour, unlike PC.
    Why are you honing in on just PC? What do you think SJW means?

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Cringey moments, or are you just too immature to handle emotion?
    Where LOTR had tons of impactful emotional moments, I barely remember any in The Hobbit. The "cringy moments" he's talking about would be the abundance of bad jokes and lighthearted tone in scenes that were supposed to be more dark/serious.

Where LOTR is a serious fantasy movie, The Hobbit is a sitcom in a fantasy setting.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I found time to watch Infinity War and Deadpool 2, and while I'd REALLY LIKE to see Solo, it's running #3 in my priority right now. So yeah; timing and competition.

I haven't avoided it because I hate the "new Star Wars"; I've spent a lot of time here defending some of the accusations against TLJ (it's not a perfect movie, but it's at least better than the prequels).
    While the prequels (EP 1 and II) have a ton of flaws, they are masterpieces compared to TFA and TLJ. Revenge of the Sith is the 2nd best SW movie.

Then agian, the 2008 The Clone Wars animated show is far better than any of the movies, assuming you have any kind of interest in proper storytelling and character building. It's kind of sad to say, but the SW universe works a lot better in games, novels and animated shows, than it does in the movies that spawned the franchise in the first place.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Where LOTR had tons of impactful emotional moments, I barely remember any in The Hobbit. The "cringy moments" he's talking about would be the abundance of bad jokes and lighthearted tone in scenes that were supposed to be more dark/serious.

Where LOTR is a serious fantasy movie, The Hobbit is a sitcom in a fantasy setting.
    Well thats because LotR and The Hobbit are two different movies based on two different types of books while weirdly relating to the same binding narrative (which is weird). The Hobbit is actually a children book hence why its more goofier than the more seriously adult tone of LotR, so the company took a lot of their own liberties to try and beefs it up but you got a weird mish-mash of a children's story trying to be more mature.

To be honest I didn't mind Hobbit movies, it wasnt that bad, it wasnt as good as LotR of course, the first Hobbit movie was pretty good and tried its best to kept close to the book but the problem was after the first movie it went downhill because they added far too much than what was needed, needlessly adding a horrible love story and giving loads of side stories that seemed more like padding.

One thing I give the film over the book though is giving all the dwarfs distinct personalities and appearances, I'll be damned if I can remember anything about the dwarfs from the book outside of their names :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    instead of focusing on story, lore and world development, they are just going for the cash grab. churning out shit after shit after shit.
    Hi

Its either a lot of bad writers or they don't let the writers write good stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Instead of canibalizing old trilogy, they should make a new one from The Old Republic era. Movie about Revan would be nice. But I'm afraid Disney money hunger ruined the franchise for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh?

SW is pulling in money.

ST is pulling in money.

I don't follow Doctor Who but I would guess its pulling in money.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Huh?

SW is pulling in money.

ST is pulling in money.

I don't follow Doctor Who but I would guess its pulling in money.
    No, no. Don't you know that the small pocket of the internet that screaming with rage over TLJ has turned SW into a failure of a franchise because of their massive market influence?

I really can't understand anyone thinking that SW/ST/DW or whatever wasn't liberal in the first place. They clearly weren't watching the movies or the shows.

Star Trek: Errrr IDIC, 'let that be your last battlefield', 'Plato's stepchildren', hell, even 'Devil in the Dark' is about how ignorance and violence is destructive.

Star Wars; The empire is literally white racist Space Nazi's.

Doctor Who: The Doctor has always been pro-knowledge, anti-gun, anti-ignorance and stupidity...