Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Before the Storm [Spoilers]

Someone got their book 15 days early. Spoilers are in this thread on reddit. I will be updating the OP and post them here.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...orm_early_ama/

Disclaimers:
    The Burning of Teldrassil is not featured in this book.
    * Symbol means IMPLIED.

Minor Spoilers:
    Forsaken:
    A few of the Forsaken during the meeting wish to defect to the Alliance.

Turalyon, Genn, and Faol:

Turalyon and Faol see eachother again. Turalyon almost kills Faol upon the moment he looks at him. He calls him a disgrace and shouldn't be. After touching Faol he feels the Light inside the Undead and falls to his knees crying before apologizing to his old mentor. The three are brought to the meeting to understand the idea of the gathering that the Forsaken can be reasonable people.

Windrunner Reunion:
    While not featured in the book it is mentioned that it didn't go well and only how each sister had changed over the years.

Magni, Moira, Anduin, and Dagran.
    Magni tells them that Azeroth needs to be healed and all. Before leaving Moira asks her father to see Dagran, his Grandson. Anduin has funny moments with the child.

Tyrande:
    Tyrande discusses Cenarion Hold and the situation in Silithus with Anduin at Teldrassil.

Major Spoilers:
    Anduin:
    After being crushed by the Divine Bell, Anduin can tell if someone is lying or not. [Basically Light Spidey-Sense] He also cannot make any wrong decisions without feeling physical pain.
    Anduin had rebuked Genn and Rogers for their actions in Stormheim for taking the situation too far than it should had towards Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde.
    Anduin doesn't want to marry Tess to keep future Wrynn-reign over Stormwind. Anduin wants to marry out of love.
    Anduin sneaks Calia into the meeting after hearing her sad story which basically breaks his own rules of the meeting.
    While he and Faol holds Calia's hand, he can feel an "ocean of Light" within her as she is revived by the Naaru at Netherlight Temple. After learning of what happened at Arathi, Anduin says Sylvanas is a person who will never ever truly change.

Sylvanas:
    When Sylvanas was asked directly by Anduin did she betray his father she has a flashback of Vol'jin telling her to save the Horde. She tells him Varian's fate was set in stone due to the Legion's countless numbers. During the meeting in Arathi Highlands, Alonus Faol asks if anyone wishes leave, do so now. Some humans leaves and Sylvanas rubs it in his face that they'll never truly accept "us". When Sylvanas sees the defecting Forsaken heading towards Stromgarde to defect after discovering Calia is still alive, Sylvanas blows her horn, meaning the Forsaken need to return to their side of the field, they decided to not to and she began to shoot down the defectors. Calia tries to run but Sylvanas shoots her dead.
    Calia Menethil:
    Calia lost her husband and child during the Blight in Lordaeron. She stayed two days lying in a ditch until Faol found and rescued her. She thought she would find her husband and daughter in the Undercity which is a reason why she decides to attend the meeting. She tells Anduin a sob story which allows her to get snuck inside the meeting by him. Calia attends the meeting disguised under a hood. After she had revealed herself a Forsaken recognized her and told her "it's time.". This caused Forsaken defectors to head towards Stromgarde to leave and rejoin the Alliance. She had a choice: Support them and get them to safety or let them die after Sylvanas catches on. Calia runs from Sylvanas but Sylvanas is too agile and kills her with a shot of her bow to defend her claim on Lordaeron.
    Baine:
    Baine was having secret communications with Anduin until stopped by Sylvanas. He was also lied to by her after asking what were the Goblins doing in Silithus and she said they were merely investigating. He wanted to rebuild Cenarion Hold. He's passive aggressive to Sylvanas. Baine sends Anduin a piece of his horn and a farewell letter to him via Valeera.
    Old Gods:
    There are no Old Gods in this book.

Mod Edit: I removed information proven false from the Reddit article's OP, you can amend the post later if you like.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-06-01 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect info.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Someone got their book 15 days early. Spoilers are in this thread on reddit. I will be updating the OP and post them here.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...orm_early_ama/

Minor Spoilers:

Major Spoilers:
    Sylvanas:
    When Sylvanas was asked directly by Anduin did she betray his father she has a flashback of Vol'jin telling her to save the Horde. She tells him Varian's fate was set in stone due to the Legion's countless numbers.
    Baine:
    Baine was having secret communications with Anduin until stopped by Sylvanas. He was also lied to by her after asking what were the Goblins doing in Silithus and she said they were merely investigating. He wanted to rebuild Cenarion Hold. He's passive aggressive to Sylvanas. Baine sends Anduin a piece of his horn and a farewell letter to him via Valeera.
    Old Gods:
    There are no Old Gods in this book.
    Thanks.
    but uhh... why mention old gods then... :P?
    We know oldgods will be a thing but blizzard is trying... Horribly, but trying to be subtle about it and have them show up later.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Thanks.
    but uhh... why mention old gods then... :P?
    We know oldgods will be a thing but blizzard is trying... Horribly, but trying to be subtle about it and have them show up later.
    A lot of people think the Old Gods had a hand in this whole thing, so this is probably just to '86 the idea the Old Gods set up the faction conflict in BfA.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Ha, and people want Baine to be the next Warchief, what a joke.

I hoped that Blizz would fix him after what they did to him in Cata, it seems that they're just doubling down and keeping him as an Ally bootlicker.

No Old Gods makes me sad
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It’s pretty big for Baine to cut off his own horn and give it Anduin. He must really like and respect him as a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Wait, so Taelia's father is Bolvar, and her mother is Calia? Does that seem odd to anyone else? I mean Bolvar was a figure pretty high up in the Alliance military (at least until WotLK), so it would be strange for Calia to not know of his whereabouts?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. I knew Taelia is Bolvar's daughter. What I didn't know is that Calia was her mother. How did she not find Bolvar in Stormwind all those years? I know Taelia was sent to Kul Tiras by her father, but Calia could make contact with Bolvar. Do I miss something?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just me, or does this book seem COMPLETELY pointless? Like the only actually relevant thing that we can take away from it is that nonesense with Calia showing up in 8.3 or something, otherwise, it seems like it serves no purpose. It doesn't even properly setup BFA, no one mentions anything about it in game. The collector edition novels and the upcoming lords of wars animations do that. The Windrunner reuinion doesn't even happens, it's completely skipped, they meet, but they dont SHOW IT.

What was the point of this book?

SHIT DUDES, there isn't even a Horde epilogue after Arathi, there is no Sylvanas PoV after it, it's all Anduin all the fucking time.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

I hoped that Blizz would fix him after what they did to him in Cata, it seems that they're just doubling down and keeping him as an Ally bootlicker.
    How can he trust Sylvanas if she liee to him about Silithus?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Wait, so Taelia's father is Bolvar, and her mother is Calia? Does that seem odd to anyone else? I mean Bolvar was a figure pretty high up in the Alliance military (at least until WotLK), so it would be strange for Calia to not know of his whereabouts?
    Well, they prob humped when he's a mere footman, but he rise through the ranks after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A lot of people think the Old Gods had a hand in this whole thing, so this is probably just to '86 the idea the Old Gods set up the faction conflict in BfA.
    They very much still have the chance to.
    i doubt blizzard would just give away that they were behind it all right away.
    it will most likely be a 8.3.5 thing where nzoth laughs at us telling us how pathetic we are, how easy we were to toy with and control
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So, Baine keeps up his usual treasonous antics. Hopefully we get a scenario to assassinate him like Garry did with Vol’jin except this time we’re on the Assassins side.

Anyway, just another shitty Christie Golden book then. Nothing new, I wish Blizzard would fire her ass already.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-06-01 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    How can he trust Sylvanas if she liee to him about Silithus?
    She lied to him on purpose because of his dealings w/ Anduin. It's not about him trusting her, it's about him working w/ and standing for the Alliance, again.

Yeah. I agree. It’s pretty confusing. I had a theory for it but even overlooking it it still made no sense. She should be aware though that he died at the wrathgate so why would she appear in the meeting looking for taelia AND him??

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It’s pretty big for Baine to cut off his own horn and give it Anduin. He must really like and respect him as a person.
    Must...not...meme...human potential
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They very much still have the chance to.
    i doubt blizzard would just give away that they were behind it all right away.
    it will most likely be a 8.3.5 thing where nzoth laughs at us telling us how pathetic we are, how easy we were to toy with and control
    Possibly, but I guess they don't show their hand or make any visible plays in "Before the Storm" at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

The people that want Baine as Warchief are mostly Alliance. And this book perfectly shows why. Most Horde players don't want that spineless maggot anywhere near the throne.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2018-06-01 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    For fucks sake can we get an orc warchief again? The title of warchief should only be held by an orc, as it was always since the olden days. They started muddling the title by making a troll and a forsaken warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Must...not...meme...human potential
    It's not the first time Baine does so though. In Cata he's rewritten as an Ally apologist, whereas originally he was going to slaughter all humans who dared to get close to Mulgore gates.