Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Not since they nerfed EMFH into the ground.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I do cause I'm a tryhard. It got me rank 1 elemental shaman for Garothi for the moment tho. Now I can boast on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauguy View Post
    I don't and have no done this but many people in my mythic team do this.

i.e I run an Undead Warlock and the other two are Trolls

Do you base it around passives? or pick what you like?
    i base it and always based it on what i think fits most the fantasy of that class and what looks best in armours of that class

but lets be honest - if people could choose any combination of class x race then this game would be filled with 90% of night/blood elf females ^^

Casting/melee animation, aesthetics and how armor looks on that race are the only things that matters to me when chosing a race for my class. The racials are very close to each other now so I really couldnt give less of a fuck if race x is better than race y for that class.
    Last edited by krille20; 2018-06-15 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my usually mind set is: can this class be a goblin?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Both kinda. Pretty much all my characters are Blood Elves, because I prefer that race but also love the passive. I was originally gonna make my monk a Pandaren cause I like them and their racials are nice, but the Pandaren on beta looked bad in every single piece of transmog I had him in.

But with them turning Arcane Torrent into one of the most useless abilities in the game. I might switch to Pandaren, cause of the food buff, second cc, and reduced fall damage, and with the quality of gear being increased, the Pandaren look great in the transmogs I've been using now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Most races have something useful, even if it isn't the best racials to have for raiding, although looking at Mag'har orcs, those racials are actually dogshit which is a bit annoying as I want to play as one but I could just stay normal orc and have good racials. I just won't have access to the transmogs though so I am torn.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    I base my choices purely on aesthetics when choosing race/class combinations. If I'm going to be staring at a toon for literally hundreds of hours, I need to like its looks and animations.
    This, all the way. I do not do cutting edge anything in WoW, so 2-4% differences make 0 difference to me. Now what the toon looks like, that matters.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I just pick whatever looks coolest or fits the class the best.

I don't play at a high enough level, like I assume most don't, that min/maxing like that would even make a difference. Back a few years ago, prior to the racial(s) nerf, they may have made a difference, but not anymore.

Most of my characters are gnomes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Yes. I don't care for appearance at all.

Racials are pretty irrelevant these days with the difference being pretty small, but 10% rep is no joke. Human for start of BFA and then either the rank 1 pve race or a race with strong utility for m+

7+ Year Old Account
    My choices are based on a few things, transmorg, how they look on mounts and lore. Lore is one of the biggest factors for me though as I need to like the core concept of the race to be able to play it. Also having heroes I like helps as well.
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Deleted
    I play a horde Druid so i have 2 different flavours of Trolls or Taurens yay..... all of which have horrible fitting armour and shit racials but i think the only thing i play that i made a conscious decision for racials on was Orc for my BM hunter for pet passive and Blood Fury.

I like the look of every race in WoW so honestly I just pick whatever benefits my class however little it may actually help

Night Elf because shadowmeld saves me repair bills.

Eh I'm not really sure lol. I race changed most of my toons to Troll in the Cata/Mop era and most of them are still Trolls. I really want to change my Monk to Nigthborne for the animations but they only have a racial that increases magic damage so I don't really want to pay money to be worse.

I wish they would just delete racials or let you choose which ones you want.