Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What if it was a CTF mode, and there were lootboxes on the line?
    Yes, let's also add lasers and knights in armor, oh and dragons while at it. I mean if there are lootboxes and flags to be captured....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I think they said it will only be visual crap. But I'm off the opinion that customization options should be part of the game, especially if the game is pushing customization as a feature.
    They said "no lootboxes" but instead they just renaimed them to airlifts, that's the point. Who cares what is in them if they lie like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Check my sig. Also you're wrong.
    Also I'm not wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    And if people want to spend money on purely cosmetic items, let them? If a developer wants to add an option for people to do so, good for them? If it doesn't affect actual gameplay, there is very little controversy. As for them stating there's no loot boxes and people (like yourself) intimating that there are, that's more an issue in a difference in definition.
    Yes, yes, exactly. If i want to buy l33tu83RP4И75 with purple hue i should be able to, right? I shouldn't have to pay for 200 lootboxes and pray for them to drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Yes, let's also add lasers and knights in armor, oh and dragons while at it. I mean if there are lootboxes and flags to be captured....
    I mean, you were basically playing with similar equivalents in the BFI with there being a lot of experimental weapons and planes that could do a full on circle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Energy Mitten View Post
    I mean, you were basically playing with similar equivalents in the BFI with there being a lot of experimental weapons and planes that could do a full on circle.
    All those weapons were historically accurate. There was a lot of experimentation during WW1 as a result of the technological boom. And some things can be ignored for the sake of fun, like the airplanes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    All those weapons were historically accurate. There was a lot of experimentation during WW1 as a result of the technological boom. And some things can be ignored for the sake of fun, like the airplanes.
    Gender roles can also be ignored for the sake of fun. Shocking concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Look at this cool image for Far Cry 5....

Oh wait, it's not Far Cry, it's the upcoming historical WWII shooter Battlefield V. Fans are pissed, with youtube running a 50-50 split on those who like and dislike the promo.

WTF?! This is supposed to depict the frontline British Army. Half naked? Warpaint? Everyone wearing different uniforms? Women? Robotic arm prosthetic? If they wanted a shooter that satisifed SJWs and included women, if they wanted a game that can use to flog dumb cosmetic items from a cash shop then make a futristic shooter, or an alternate universe setting. But don't dish this crap up and call it WWII. All historical accuracy and immersion is ruined.

DICE studio's response:

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/d...cter-backlash/

What do you think? Does historical accuracy in games matter or is SJW appeasement and cosmetic options more important?
    They already said it wasn't historically accurate. Regardless if you're personal beliefs this is the game they are making. Don't like it? Don't buy it, don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That's not a "robotic arm", that's a prosthetic arm which were common among amputees in that era. Also, there were a few women who saw combat in World War 2, so the trailer is plausible in that depiction.

It's hard to tell who's the "SJW" in all this drama, to be honest.
    Firstly, no one with prosthetics was returned to frontline fighting in WW2. They were put into other duties or honorably discharged depending on severity.

Secondly, only Soviet women and French resistance women fought in what people would say were combat. That woman on the front of Battlefield V is a British woman. That didn't happen historically. Hell, even men who were deemed too short didn't fight in combat in WW2 for Britain. I'm a liberal, but there is no doubt this is an attempt to rewrite history.

Complaining about realism in any shooter is pretty silly. There aren't many features in any game that are even close to being realistic. Having a female soldier during WWII is at the bottom of the list.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Firstly, no one with prosthetics was returned to frontline fighting in WW2. They were put into other duties or honorably discharged depending on severity.

Secondly, only Soviet women and French resistance women fought in what people would say were combat. That woman on the front of Battlefield V is a British woman. That didn't happen historically. Hell, even men who were deemed too short didn't fight in combat in WW2 for Britain. I'm a liberal, but there is no doubt this is an attempt to rewrite history.
    Thirdly, nobody worth taking seriously gives a shit.

If it's "just a game" then the lack of historical accuracy is immaterial, and if games are art then they merit this sort of social criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Are people really that butt hurt that a fucking video game is not as historically accurate as they like?

It. A. Video. Game.

Yes, this is a necro thread. And yes, the OP is still a misogynist and a racist.

There were women veterans from ww2. Not many front line soldiers or Marines, though. Mostly nurses, some pilots, coast guard, auxiliary. Luckily it didn't come too them being needed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    They already said it wasn't historically accurate. Regardless if you're personal beliefs this is the game they are making. Don't like it? Don't buy it, don't play it.
    Well that is just it. After Battlefield 3, accuracy and authenticity started going out the window. Battlefield 4 was the near future but still authentic in depiction. Battlefield 1 came out and it basically became large-scale CoD. Not sure why people are surprised Battlefield 5 is what it is. It's too bad as a history buff and nerd, I stopped buying after Battlefield 3 due to the inaccuracies, but it is what it is. Plenty of other games to tie me over, there just isn't any authentic shooters anymore sadly.

People need to take a step back and figure their life out if there is this much hate for a game. Bf1 you could literally repair a horse with a wrench so lets all just take a chill pill.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that is just it. After Battlefield 3, accuracy and authenticity started going out the window. Battlefield 4 was the near future but still authentic in depiction. Battlefield 1 came out and it basically became large-scale CoD. Not sure why people are surprised Battlefield 5 is what it is. It's too bad as a history buff and nerd, I stopped buying after Battlefield 3 due to the inaccuracies, but it is what it is. Plenty of other games to tie me over, there just isn't any authentic shooters anymore sadly.
    Yeah I'm sure all those bf3/4 jet trick shot montages are highly accurate and authentic

7+ Year Old Account
    Such an undefeatable arguement! /S

Unfortunately history disagrees with you. The only thing remotely close was occasional on the eastern front, and let me tell you that wasn't because the USSR was about equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    But being able to jump from a jet fire a RPG into the jet behind you and then enter your jet again is ok?

Battlefield is simulated realism, not direct realism. Things happen in BF that have no chance of happening in real life.
    well done, you compared apples to bananas, whats next?
    that you throw balls in pokemon and they just magically disappear and spawn inside?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Thirdly, nobody worth taking seriously gives a shit.

If it's "just a game" then the lack of historical accuracy is immaterial, and if games are art then they merit this sort of social criticism.
    WW2 was a historical event. Any rewriting of that is going to upset people who want authenticity in their video games. They tend to be the same type of people who were upset when they added Tauriel and Legolas to the Hobbit movies when she was nowhere in the books. They have a right to their opinion. Being that this series was all about authenticity, no one should be surprised that some of their core audience is a little upset by this change.

Deleted

Given that they look like ragtag resistance members, they might well have fought in combat.

The British Special Operations Executive sent female operatives into occupied territory, precisely because the Germans didn't think we would.

Here's a list of all the female SOE agents that served in hostile territory.

Might be an idea to actually learn history before complaining about historical accuracy.

And we're back! Reminder: women fought in WW2, and attempting to erase them from WW2 games is an affront to historical accuracy.
    you mean the 10 sniper with the fake kill counts aka "propaganda"
    and the fake all female russian division who never saw action but was propaganda to recruit women into the military (wich didnt worked, they scrapped that plan)
    ye, you had some female tank drivers, aviators, snipers and terrorists (partisans are terrorists, sorry to breake your bubble)
    for every 1000 16-21 year old boy you had 1 useless 25+ year old women on the battlefield (not even frontline)

ye, lets not forget the 3k female soldiers who died in ww2.

cucks these days.
    if 99,9% men fought in ww2 they scream for "but our brave women!" ffs.