Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1113...ontrol-warlock

Costs fuck all to build and I'm rank 3 with it at the moment. So either my opponents are really bad or I'm lucky.

So yeah this is OP beating the same dead horse we've heard for years.
    I use the budget hearthpwn decks too. And if I get lucky with legendaries with free packs then even better. I was able to build a few decks that got me decently far as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    You're purporting to "agree" with me, but do it in such a manner as to make it a disagreement cuz TCGLOLZ. get out of here
    Not sure how you got that I agreed with you but ok. Like @Eleccybubb said "Toodles"!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post

Not sure how you got that I agreed with you but ok. Like @Eleccybubb said "Toodles"!
    Your brilliant strategy was to say: "that's how things are." In other words, you agree that they are expensive (while using TCGs as your example) but offer no resolution, as if that somehow mitigates my argument.

Edit: Bye!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your brilliant strategy was to say: "that's how things are." In other words, you agree that they are expensive (while using TCGs as your example) but offer no resolution, as if that somehow mitigates my argument.

I did offer a resolution: Buy card packs or deal with it. Or keep posting whiney threads like you think you're supposed to given cards for free since it's a digital card game instead of a physical one. You seem to have gone with option 3.

I did offer a resolution: Buy card packs or deal with it. Or keep posting whiney threads like you think you're supposed to given cards for free since it's a digital card game instead of a physical one. You seem to have gone with option 3.
    If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Not that "deal with it" warrants a post in the first place..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Not that "deal with it" warrants a post in the first place..
    Well then you offer a solution since you can't accept buying packs or deal with it.

Well then you offer a solution since you can't accept buying packs or deal with it.
    My "solution" is to have a discussion about it. If that's not new to you, then keep it to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    My "solution" is to have a discussion about it. If that's not new to you, then keep it to yourself.
    I will legitimately listen to any solution you have for the problem. So far you have offered nothing other than not liking others telling you to buy packs or deal with it.

I will legitimately listen to any solution you have for the problem. So far you have offered nothing other than not liking others telling you to buy packs or deal with it.
    You clearly have no idea how progress works. Sometimes it is slow, involves nothing but discussion. Like a thread on the forums.

Magic: The Gathering is a TCG, not a CCG. I can trade cards and sell them on eBay after I'm done with them. Hearthstone is a video game, and it turns out to be an insanely expensive one over time, especially by comparison to other video games.
    No one is forcing you to buy anything. It's been proven time and time again that you can compete with completely free to play decks. Quit whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly have no idea how progress works. Sometimes it is slow, involves nothing but discussion. Like a thread on the forums.
    Ok so you have no solution and just want to complain. It was pretty obvious on page one. If you can't offer a solution to something you have an issue with like this how do you expect to have a discussion when you're the one not trying to have one and just looking for an echo chamber to agree with you.

So again, in the spirit of discussion, please offer a solution to this issue and I will legitimately listen to it and respond with my thoughts on it. Otherwise go be a troll somewhere else. You say you want a discussion but yet you don't seem to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    No one is forcing you to buy anything. It's been proven time and time again that you can compete with completely free to play decks. Quit whining.
    That only supports one style of play, which is to grind and carry one deck for thousands of games until you know all of its ins and outs. Some people, such as myself, want to play every deck (including meta decks), so they can learn their opponents' plays.

No he doesn't, since I already argued that TCGs can be sold to make most of the money back. Please read before you post.
    You're naive as fuck if you think you can sell cards in a TCG to make your money back. Most cards go from being $25-70 cards to a tenth of their value within 8 months due to reprints or meta changes. You will almost never get the money you spent on cards unless you're extremely lucky and get them from booster packs or you're winning most of your booster packs by being good (just like in hearthstone).

The difference between TCG and CCG is just semantics anyway. It literally has nothing to do with anything other than a re-branding effort. The Natruto card game was called a CCG. What's the difference between that and Yugioh?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dust & Gold exist to be able to play it free.

Of course Epic and Legendary cost a ton to craft, but otherwise noone would spend a dime anymore.

Quests give minimal 50 gold now, so that's at minimum 3 packs a week, with close to 4-5 packs with gold if you add up the 10 gold and some quests giving 60/100 gold. + usually classic pack for Brawl, and Random chance to get a Dungeon/Monster Hunt quest for Classic pack.

Personally I get more enjoyment out of Arena for 150 gold instead of straight up buying packs with Gold, even if it doesn't return me 50 gold each time.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-06-03 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Rekfuk showed everyone time and time again that a budget deck can achieve rank Legendary. Me though: I’m pretty shit, and I don’t usually go below 9, does this make me a bad player? Maybe? But many times over and over people say they’ve had to spend tonnnnns o money when I have multiple friends at my rank with an account that has soent 0$ over the last four years of gameplay.. so idk Op

Why is blizzard obligated to give you free shit exactly? Why on earth would they sell full access to hearthstone and all future content for the price of 1 video game? You realize ho quickly it would start losing them money then?

Build your own game and offer it up for free. That'll show them.

Hearthstone is free to play, but you'll have to spend a full game's price to get a meta deck to run with. And then more to stay relevant with standard's ever-evolving strategies. Overall, the absurd price of a WoW expansion, which comes without a free month's subscription, begins to look more reasonable by comparison. I would rather pay for Hearthstone once, like I would any other game, and have access to the entire collection. The CCG model is extremely overpriced.
    I agree. I do believe how ever the main problem with Hearthstone is that you can't collect cards at a reasonable rate so you're forced to purchase packs if you want to play with all the cards. From a constructed player standpoint, winning 30 games gets you 1 pack per day. You won't get enough gold from the daily quest to purchase a pack until the next carry over day. So one day you get a pack, every other you get 2. The most shit design but hey people praise Blizzard and support that shit. Way too expensive unless you want to live at your computer playing Hearthstone all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you actually know how to play the game you can pretty easily netdeck something cheap and make it to Legend, or at least Rank 5, with no real difficulty.

It's only expensive if you want every card or if you don't play enough to actually earn gold. Just from completing daily quests you should earn enough gold to buy over 150 packs a year, more if you optimize your quests. Plus they hand out like a hundred free packs a year.

Hell, if you're decent enough at the game you can play Arena perpetually without ever spending money, earning gold and packs all the while.

Personally, I've been playing since launch and I've spent maybe $150 total on the game. I purchase the big discounted bundle for the first set of the Standard Rotation each year, that's all, and before that I got the discounted TGT preorder.

I have absolutely no issue building decks. Hell, right now I have about 2000g saved up and I'm sitting on about 13k dust, because I don't really need to craft anything else from the new set.

How is "having a discussion about it" a solution to your imaginary problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I do feel bad for new players: the game would be rough getting to even rank 15 with classic cards etc, but honestly the game does kind of try to get you to buy some cards with that “beginners pack” and all that. Don’t get me wrong, blizz is only here to make money, duh right? But just know I understand where you’re coming from OP

You clearly aren't interested in progression otherwise you'd do your daily quests on hearthstone, get your free ~4 packs (That's about $12 worth in any other real life card game) and quit your whining while your slowly progress and build your collection.

- - - Updated - - -

That only supports one style of play, which is to grind and carry one deck for thousands of games until you know all of its ins and outs. Some people, such as myself, want to play every deck (including meta decks), so they can learn their opponents' plays.
    Then suck it up and spend money.

If you wanted to play that way in any real card game, I guarantee you that you're not going to be getting your money back from reselling cards after you're done with them.

You're literally whining that someone isn't giving you free shit that they spent millions of dollars on developing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I agree. I do believe how ever the main problem with Hearthstone is that you can't collect cards at a reasonable rate so you're forced to purchase packs if you want to play with all the cards. From a constructed player standpoint, winning 30 games gets you 1 pack per day. You won't get enough gold from the daily quest to purchase a pack until the next carry over day. So one day you get a pack, every other you get 2. The most shit design but hey people praise Blizzard and support that shit. Way too expensive unless you want to live at your computer playing Hearthstone all day.
    "waaahhh I want free shit waaahh"