Haven't played since Legion release

I haven't played since the first few months of Legion. Maaaaybe just slightly into the first content patch that followed. If I return to WoW now, realistically what can I accomplish before the new expansion, and what is worth working on? I'd need whatever catch up gear they implemented as none of my characters were likely very well geared at all.

Quest in the zones, finish the Suramar storyline, and the Argus campaign to unlock your forge of light and shadow to further empower the artifact weapon. I'd push for exalted with the nightfallen, highmountain tauren, army of light, or argussian reach depending on which allied races you care about. (though I say their unlock scenarios are cool enough on their own even if you're not interested in playing one)

If you do fishing, pick up the Underlight Angler on your main. The effects will last into the next expansion, so the water walking, fish form, etc, all very useful to have going forward.

None of that should require gearing up on its own, but doing world quests that reward armor (880), especially argus world quests (which you'll be doing anyway for army of the light/argus reach) award powerful relics and 910 gear. I'd recommend doing at least LFR of Antorus: The Burning Throne as the end events of that play directly into the story of the next expansion.

Oh yeah, and you can pick up your class mount if you've completed your order hall campaign and legionfall campaign. I'd do that in the background and work on the other stuff during the time gating. Don't forget to queue for a group for the sentinax legionfall quest or it takes foreeever.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-06-04 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Quest in the zones, finish the Suramar storyline, and the Argus campaign to unlock your forge of light and shadow to further empower the artifact weapon. I'd push for exalted with the nightfallen, highmountain tauren, army of light, or argussian reach depending on which allied races you care about. (though I say their unlock scenarios are cool enough on their own even if you're not interested in playing one)

If you do fishing, pick up the Underlight Angler on your main. The effects will last into the next expansion, so the water walking, fish form, etc, all very useful to have going forward.

None of that should require gearing up on its own, but doing world quests that reward armor (880), especially argus world quests (which you'll be doing anyway for army of the light/argus reach) award powerful relics and 910 gear. I'd recommend doing at least LFR of Antorus: The Burning Throne as the end events of that play directly into the story of the next expansion.

Oh yeah, and you can pick up your class mount if you've completed your order hall campaign and legionfall campaign. I'd do that in the background and work on the other stuff during the time gating. Don't forget to queue for a group for the sentinax legionfall quest or it takes foreeever.
    Thank you for the thorough answer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

this is just one beautiful post with enough stuff checked to help Artzombie to start.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Artzombie View Post
    I haven't played since the first few months of Legion. Maaaaybe just slightly into the first content patch that followed. If I return to WoW now, realistically what can I accomplish before the new expansion, and what is worth working on? I'd need whatever catch up gear they implemented as none of my characters were likely very well geared at all.
    everything - just buy a couple of tokens and buy couple of boosts and you are golden

You can also try the Mage tower challenge in the Broken Shore if you want as the base challenge skin will not be available for BfA, the challenge should be easy enough for the 910 gears you get in Argus, unless you play as a tank, might die a few time in the process though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    You can also try the Mage tower challenge in the Broken Shore if you want as the base challenge skin will not be available for BfA, the challenge should be easy enough for the 910 gears you get in Argus, unless you play as a tank, might die a few time in the process though.
    Thanks, that's a great idea too. My "main" was druid this expansion, so getting extra druid form appearances are always a good priority.