Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between D2 and WoW is that in D2 everything has about the same chance at giving you the item you want. in WoW you can only get it from 1 place, once a week. If you don't get it there, you're boned for a week.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    I don't need to read or respond to anything else because you're clearly way past the point of no return if you can legitimately type something like this. You and the other white knight fanbois deserve the low effort money grab that BFA clearly is.
    Ok mate. I'll take that as an admission that you lack an actual counter argument.

At this point I have no idea how good BFA will be. What I will say is this, I greatly enjoyed Legion: So if the core of your argument is that BFA will be shit because Legion was shit, well then you've really given me no reason to worry. I will miss those legendaries though :P
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2018-06-07 at 01:54 PM.

There are two sides to this coin. There is just too many variations of where you are affected by RNG. There is titanforging, legendaries etc etc. People get tired of it. Before there was just the gear that you could get in the dungeon or raid and the stats were set. But that said it didn’t suck before. I never got the healer ring from Nefarian in BWL....

But people has also gone to players min/maxing a lot more than before. People care much more now than we did before. That’s why people are more vocal about it.

I'm not afraid of RNG, RNG has been a part of the game since the beginning.

I am however against RNG on top of RNG with a side of RNG with a chance of more RNG. Systems like say the Paragon chests, randomized gem slots, titanforging, Legion legendaries etc can die in a fire.

I'm happy that they're doing away with the Leggo system, and capping the titanforging.

Because isn't about decisions, is about luck. Is playing roulette instead of thinking what are you doing
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

In essence I don't think RNG is bad because it also adds some excitement but at the same time it's annoying when your piece of loot won't drop. I don't really concern myself with the TF/Tertiary stats but when you don't get X piece after months it's annoying. As an example, it took me about 2 months to get 4pc on my main even though I cleared LFR/Normal/Heroic every week. My tier token just did not drop meanwhile the conq/vanq users in my guild were already rolling for TF chances. I think it took 3-4 months for our first prot token shoulder to drop. This is why I am a fan of the last boss dropping an item that lets you trade it in for any slot.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    I see alot of posts with ppl saying it's too much RNG, RNG this, RNG that.
    RNG is a huge factor of RPGs and i have no problem with it at all, so im just wondering, why are you afraid of RNG?

I mean, take Diablo 2 for example, people are still hunting that perfect rolled item, it adds replayability etc.

Imagine if you run into an instance/raid and get fully geared instantly for example, why would you want to go back there again if you didnt know you could get an upgrade, even if it's a very small chance? Are you just bored of gaming? Bored of the game? Why?
    Nothing afraid of RNG. Thats the wrong word.

It's just not a real fun mechanic in an MMO. It works in some other gamers but even then it's not this amazing fun mechanic. When it comes to games like wow, it's just not a fun or entertaining mechanic.

You could fully gear me at the start of any end game with a massive loot crate I just walked up to and got and I'd stay in the game if it the content was fun and entertaining. I'm not bored of gaming. I dislike RNG loot as well as most game companies reliance on doing content over and over till the fun is long gone. The shelf life of content is not as long as most game companies think it is and RNG gearing doens't fix that.