Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphke View Post
    first time i hear about these challenges... gonna give it a try for shadow priest (ilvl 924)
    Good luck ^.^ I don't have a priest so I don't know anything about that fight; but some of the unlockable skins are seriously cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Little late on this one. One more character to go until I'm 36/36. Was annoying waiting for the tower to go live each time.

I have all 3 skins for my warrior main. Other classes I'm not really interested so I'm fine.

I don’t mind removing the arbitrary time restriction; but I do wish they’d scale everyone to 910 ilvl or below for it to remain the challenge it was originally intended to be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphke View Post
    first time i hear about these challenges... gonna give it a try for shadow priest (ilvl 924)
    With this item level, you might try the S2M strategy when you burn Raest in 1 active phase. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don’t mind removing the arbitrary time restriction; but I do wish they’d scale everyone to 910 ilvl or below for it to remain the challenge it was originally intended to be
    Why? We could do these challenges for months with an item level of up to 960 or whatever. There are only some weeks left until the challenge is removed, and the change is not even live yet.

I have done all of them months ago. I did 9 more on alts (mostly mage, also 2 paladin except the healer one). And if the challenge goes live and I will not be occupied with the prepatch event, then I surely will run some more, just because they are fun to me.

But I also don't have any ego problems or minority complexes like some other people.

Lol @ the people claiming you can't do some of the challenges without proper legendaries. You can beat any of the challenges with 0 legendaries if you're at least 915ish. I only have five specs left to do (fire/arcane, demo/destro, and hpriest). All others I completed at 915-930 ilvl and usually with just the Argus kill legendary ring since most classes I don't even play and just wanted the appearances before they're gone. Hate to sound like a douche, but this truly is an appropriate time for the ol saying "git gud".

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    They should set max ilvl to 850 and remove the skins from everyone that got them above that.
    I'm sure justandulas would like that because he got them at 800 ilvl becuase he is a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Themidas View Post
    when will this be Live ?
    Crystal ball says likely next reset on Tuesday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Crystal ball says likely next reset on Tuesday.
    I am more pessimistic and expect end of June, probably even when the prepatch event launches.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    considering i had an ilvl of 914 when they came out (mythic NH geared with old paragon trait capped) 885 is far too low to meet the dps checks even if you include the new traits etc.
    so they should be capped at the ilvl YOU did it at, but not other people. Gotchya.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am more pessimistic and expect end of June, probably even when the prepatch event launches.
    Normally I would be but this seems a really easy thing to implement... so fingers crossed.

Blizz throwing us the tiniest chicken bone they could find after dinner on their table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    so they should be capped at the ilvl YOU did it at, but not other people. Gotchya.
    where did i say that? stop twisting what is written and taking it out of context for your own agenda, furthermore i'm not even convinced they should be ilvl capped because they are an expansion feature not just a patch feature, ergo they were intended for people to out gear, and even with the extreme gear increases some people just can't complete these challenges because they lack the mechanical skill to get them done, which was said when they were released that 'while they were possible at the time that most people would need ToS gear, and those that still couldn't manage it would likely not get it with antorus gear'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They're limiting themselves by only playing during the weekend. And there's been plenty of mage towers active during weekends for people who can only play during weekends to do the challenges they want.
    yup - those lazy filthy scum who dare to have jobs , families , and other grown up obligatons in life

they should be like good proper basement dwellers who had time to get 36/36

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Lol @ the people claiming you can't do some of the challenges without proper legendaries. You can beat any of the challenges with 0 legendaries if you're at least 915ish. I only have five specs left to do (fire/arcane, demo/destro, and hpriest). All others I completed at 915-930 ilvl and usually with just the Argus kill legendary ring since most classes I don't even play and just wanted the appearances before they're gone. Hate to sound like a douche, but this truly is an appropriate time for the ol saying "git gud".

i dont doubt that if mage tower was full time open instead having retarded limits people wouldnt mind doin it at 915 itlv - problem is time - most people dont have enough time to put 100-200 attempts in each skin. they want to be done in 20-30 max (and its more then possible in around 940-950 itlv)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I support this, as I rarely am on when Mage Tower is up. Work, family, drinking, etc..
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

As someone who has completed 26/36 and has 9 more specs ready to clear. Using the proper leggos saves immense time. Ya, you can do it at 910 ilvl w/o legendaries, but I don't feel like wasting my time, literally hours/days grinding for an appearance that is locked to one spec. Especially for alts #6-12.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    They should set max ilvl to 850 and remove the skins from everyone that got them above that.
    I'm sure justandulas would like that because he got them at 800 ilvl becuase he is a pro.
    No items, final destination, 1 life rules imo

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    As someone who has completed 26/36 and has 9 more specs ready to clear. Using the proper leggos saves immense time. Ya, you can do it at 910 ilvl w/o legendaries, but I don't feel like wasting my time, literally hours/days grinding for an appearance that is locked to one spec. Especially for alts #6-12.
    Well yeah, no shit.

Nobody's saying otherwise, the right legendaries definitely make things easier. What people are countering are the "if you don't have X legendary it is impossible" nonsense.

Deleted
    Love this news! Tried Mage Tower seriously first time a few days ago at the end n did it on frost dk at the very last minutes..god it was annoying..

You still have to actually complete the challenge so as someone whose done them all on my main I don’t mind this change. Give people the chance to complete it before it’s gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Why are they doing this? Stop giving away everything for free.
    It has long been "free". Most of the challenges became a joke with end ToS gear, atm many of the mechanics can be ignored. Did it on my prot paladin alt before taking a break from Legion, apparently one of the harder (if not the hardest) MT scenario. Opening up the availability for MT doesn't make the scenarios any easier.

If you want to complain about free prestige, complain that the MT challenges doesn't scale iLv. That is the only way to make it challenging.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.