Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I want badge vendor back honestly.
    I loved badge vendors, I agree.

What folks need to also remember is what we're playing is old content. Literally. It's always been the case that the builds pushed to the servers are a couple behind what Blizzard are testing and playing internally. We're not the only people testing this game. Far from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    This is wildly innaccurate. Legion beta 2 months before release people were farming M+. Campaigns weren't broken this late either, some of them were simply locked behind Suramar dungeons which very few people could even run due to very few people going through the unlock process on beta.
    Wildly inaccurate? lol? Warlock starter campaign was broken for 2 builds, you could not even get to order hall unless you did it before when it worked, that was way into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    What folks need to also remember is what we're playing is old content. Literally. It's always been the case that the builds pushed to the servers are a couple behind what Blizzard are testing and playing internally. We're not the only people testing this game. Far from it.
    Most people already know this.

I'll say this I'm not overly worried, mainly because I'm only playing this expansion because Classic isn't out yet. It will be good enough to kill time until then. However, just trying to objective with testing, having major features not working yet is a bit worrisome. Things like quest bugs or rendering issues I don't worry about, the largest bulk of that stuff gets cleaned up by the time it makes it to live. Same goes for bugs in 5 mans and such.

The things that I would be worried about are classes, which they seem to have gone from " things are mostly done and we won't be seeing many big changes " to lots of pretty big changes. Just seems like things are not where they thought they would be. The other is the content adds for this expansion that don't seem to be working as of yet or have had minimal testing on them. Those worry me because a lot of the time if they don't get them going they just get cut which definitely isn't good.

The azerite thing can be adjusted fairly easily, although it is concerning that we are seeing a ton of passives on this stuff, even if you look at it and think it could be useful, most people were hoping to see something with a bit more impact being legendaries are going away and artifacts are as well.

I wouldn't be running around like my hair is on fire or anything, but a healthy amount of concern for some of these things I think is warranted.

I knew this dumpster fire would hit live severs sooner or later so I wasn't worried. At least I have reported a lot bugs this testing cycle haha.

A lot. The August release feels rushed and at this point I am really concerned. BfA is looking like the next contender for worst xpac. I am worried that it's going to be worse than WoD and right now there's nothing that feels or is more exciting than the lukewarm stuff in WoD was...

I mean some of the FEATURES (yes, BfA has some but they're not really worth being called features at all) aren't even fully implemented yet (better: are barely playable in beta). And we're just weeks ahead of pre patch and just two months from launch.

Warfronts are like WoD Shattrath and Talador 2.0. Announced as content and 90% scrapped shortly before release because they couldn't add more or finish them.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-06-08 at 09:02 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgerised View Post
    Yes extremely.

I think they and a lot of this forum underestimate just how much of a draw legendary items were for WQ participation. Right now on beta the rewards for WQ are pitiful, am I going to go out for WQ to get a paltry sum of AP/gold or normal 5man items after I've hit exalted? On occasion, certainly not daily or near-daily as there is no incentive at that point. I think M+ also had the legendary item carrot-on-stick draw but not nearly as fundamental to it's success as it was to WQ.

Not only that the entire Heart of Azeroth system is garbage. Honestly, I just logged off when it dawned on me. I started heroic 5s and a shoulder slot item dropped. Not only did I need to grind another 6 HOA levels to unlock the traits but the traits were exactly the same ones you find on azerite items questing to 120. Absolutely mind blowing how shallow the "artifact weapon replacement" feature is. Artifact weapons were fantastic feature, even if HOA wasn't atrocious it has a colossal set of shoes to fill. Right now this thing doesn't even fill one shoe let alone two. I'm guessing if the raid items aren't amazing traits this feature is confirmed dead-on-arrival. Utterly boring.

I'm also seeing info that Warfronts are a once per 2-3 weeks feature and it's LFR difficulty at best.

Overall, after getting to 120 on horde I can say the only thing I'm looking forward to in August is leveling as Alliance on war mode and seeing the zones for the first time.
    The problem is BFA is purely about cosmetics but the core systems lack reward, meaning, progression and most importantly fun.

BFA is a beautiful looking expansion, but it lacks the "heart" of MMORPG gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A lot. The August release feels rushed and at this point I am really concerned. BfA is looking like the next contender for worst xpac. I am worried that it's going to be worse than WoD and right now there's nothing that feels or is more exciting than the lukewarm stuff in WoD was...

I mean some of the FEATURES (yes, BfA has some but they're not really worth being called features at all) aren't even fully implemented yet (better: are barely playable in beta). And we're just weeks ahead of pre patch and just two months from launch.
    As long as they don't drop it mid expansion like they did with WoD, BFA will be better than WoD. However, I am not sure that BFA will be remembered more fondly than Cata or even MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    The other problem i see with BfA is current year politics. They went overboard with female characters. Lightforged? Female leader. Void Elves? Female Leader. Highmountain? Female leader. Nightborne? Female leader. Mag'har? Female leader. Dark Iron? Probably Moira so female leader. Zandalari? Female leader. Kul'tiran? Female leader.
    Don't forget the three sisters, purple Elf, blue Elf and fawn Elf. And then there is Jaina.

Guess what, will be the same as with the all female Ghostbusters or Ocean's movie. Will flop badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    As long as they don't drop it mid expansion like they did with WoD, BFA will be better than WoD. However, I am not sure that BFA will be remembered more fondly than Cata or even MoP.
    Besides the setting concerns MoP has been regarded as one of the better / best expansions by most due to the sheer amount of content and stuff to do (and the best iteration of (most) classes we've ever had).

BfA is just the contender for worst xpac. I hate to say it because I LOVE the setting (but hate mostly everything else) but it doesn't look good at all. There is like no substance in BfA. Everything is shallow, flat and boring. And the faction war is the worst setting ever (yes, I know it will be Old Gods later but still).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-06-08 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    AP 1.0 was a huge grind (content driver) 2.0 isn't.

BiS lego's was a huge grind (content driver) No lego's no no need to do old content (requires new content constantly)
    The amount you needed to do in Legion, was so severely over the top and just bad design. You shouldn't have had to have run that many MoS as a high end raider, you shouldn't have to do severely irrelevant and outdated content. There was enough content WITHOUT that. You shouldn't have such high priority content to do every day for that many hours.

Sure, it was a content driver, far past the realm of reasonable. Not at all a positive thing. And if you think it was, I doubt you were a raider then in a top 100 guild.

Don't forget the three sisters, purple Elf, blue Elf and fawn Elf. And then there is Jaina.

Guess what, will be the same as with the all female Ghostbusters or Ocean's movie. Will flop badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides the setting concerns MoP has been regarded as one of the better / best expansions by most due to the sheer amount of content and stuff to do (and the best iteration of (most) classes we've ever had).

BfA is just the contender for worst xpac. I hate to say it because I LOVE the setting (but hate mostly everything else) but it doesn't look good at all. There is like no substance in BfA. Everything is shallow, flat and boring. And the faction war is the worst setting ever (yes, I know it will be Old Gods later but still).
    Well BFA is focused on cosmetic upgrades really so it is Legion 2.0. Blizzard took a long time to understand the cosmetic appeal of allied races, transmog, etc. But now the pedulum has swung too far in the other way because Blizz is known for going to extremes. Lots of comsetics now but lacking the core systems that make WoW work (eg classes, gear, rewards, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Well BFA is focused on cosmetic upgrades really so it is Legion 2.0. Blizzard took a long time to understand the cosmetic appeal of allied races, transmog, etc. But now the pedulum has swung too far in the other way because Blizz is known for going to extremes. Lots of comsetics now but lacking the core systems that make WoW work (eg classes, gear, rewards, etc).
    Legion had a lot of content. And a lot of meaningful features. Legion wasn't about cosmetics imho, WoD was. And that's why it failed (remember, new character models were maybe the most interesting feature of WoD lol). And right after a feature-heavy expansion like Legion they're giving us another expansion that's focused on cosmetics... I mean what are they going to expect this time? It will succeed? It won't.

Legion had a lot of content. And a lot of meaningful features. Legion wasn't about cosmetics imho, WoD was. And that's why it failed (remember, new character models were maybe the most interesting feature of WoD lol). And right after a feature-heavy expansion like Legion they're giving us another expansion that's focused on cosmetics... I mean what are they going to expect this time? It will succeed? It won't.
    In what way is BFA a "Cosmetic expansion"? It has the same endgame systems that Legion had. BFA isn't light on content either. I'm genuinely curious where the hell you're getting this from.

Since im a Havoc DH, im extremely worried.

BFA is basically the same as Legion but with a paint job. Allied races is just a paint job. BFA doesn't feel like a fleshed out stand alone expansion then again the lore doesn't help either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    The other problem i see with BfA is current year politics. They went overboard with female characters. Lightforged? Female leader. Void Elves? Female Leader. Highmountain? Female leader. Nightborne? Female leader. Mag'har? Female leader. Dark Iron? Probably Moira so female leader. Zandalari? Female leader. Kul'tiran? Female leader.
    Eh, their sex shouldn't really matter one way or another for as long as the character's decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Right now we are 2 months from the release date of the expansion, and not only is there missing expansion features, incomplete quests and reward structures, but also some classes are still going through heavy mechanical redesigns.

It seems really behind in development compared to where Legion was at this stage of it's beta cycle. At this point I'd expect the product to be pretty much complete with a good 2 months focused on polish, deep feature testing, balancing and bug fixing. Yet here they are with major features missing, and asking us to test systems that you can't even access/complete properly on beta (Azerite traits I'm looking at you - they ask us to test them yet we can't even get them since there is no AP research available yet), if I was Blizzard I would be really sweating at this point.

Do you think they pushed the release date forward and committed to a schedule they are going to struggle to meet just for the sake of keeping players a bit happier? I feel like they need a good 4 months more of beta judging by it's current state and pace of progress - I've been playing it for over a month and honestly can't say much has changed apart from being able to actually complete the main story arcs of each zone now. Very few Azerite traits are actually playable, most are so undertuned they are barely worth clicking, dungeons are horribly balanced, Mythic+ isn't even available, no word on the new affixes (a datamined single name doesn't count) and one of the main features (island expeditions) currently feels like an extremely ghetto version of MoP scenarios that doesn't even have it's own interface.

I'm worried they are going to really struggle to meet this release date in a playable fashion.
    uncapped WF/TF still exists, and ML is gone. its pretty much a shit show for serious raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and it should because it's an argument based on the faith that the real numbers will be good. It's also ignoring that they're still passives, not interesting abilities
    I don't know how anyone could possibly have expected to receive actively usable abilities from them, would probably have just have ended up the same as trinkets which we don't really need more of (Blizzard is having enough trouble balancing those as it is). None of the legendaries, artifact traits or tier sets gave you an activatable ability, only the weapons themselves.

Nah, actually Im pretty excited. The first couple of weeks are always the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The amount you needed to do in Legion, was so severely over the top and just bad design. You shouldn't have had to have run that many MoS as a high end raider, you shouldn't have to do severely irrelevant and outdated content. There was enough content WITHOUT that. You shouldn't have such high priority content to do every day for that many hours.

Sure, it was a content driver, far past the realm of reasonable. Not at all a positive thing. And if you think it was, I doubt you were a raider then in a top 100 guild.
    Its not that you had to, its that people did. All content that would have been ignored, still had value because AP and Lego's.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Eh, their sex shouldn't really matter one way or another for as long as the character's decent.
    But it does matter, they went overbord with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think so too. But media won't go as hard on this filler expansion as they would if those figures were males so Blizzard os covered.