Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"The BFA internal beta is a few buillds ahead"

As was the case in Legion. And WoD. And MoP. And Cata. And Wrath. And BC. So this is not a justification for the sluggish nature of BFA beta.

We are only 2 months out from launch. In the past, the pre-expansion patch would've been released by now. And here we are still waiting for classes to be designed, features to be implemented and game-breaking bugs to be fixed. What can explain the major delays in beta? Because it isn't the internal build argument.

Internal builds are usually heaps ahead based on how previous betas and this one have progressed. Still, I think putting it for 14.8 is an extremely ambitious schedule and wouldnt be surprised if they either delay it or certain content gets delayed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    As was the case in Legion. And WoD. And MoP. And Cata. And Wrath. And BC. So this is not a justification for the sluggish nature of BFA beta.

We are only 2 months out from launch. In the past, the pre-expansion patch would've been released by now. And here we are still waiting for classes to be designed, features to be implemented and game-breaking bugs to be fixed. What can explain the major delays in beta? Because it isn't the internal build argument.
    the 32 bit client is losing support near the 1st of july, expect pre-patch directly following that.

The reason why they havent released it already is prob due to blizzard being uncharacteristically nice with class design, making changes this late to classes is not something they usually do and as a result both warrior and warlock are now looking very solid. However alot of classes still feel barren and need som love so that might be a reason.

10+ Year Old Account

Same bullshit tag line the Star Wars: The Old Republic team fed to their testers. Shit released with very few changes from the last available Beta build.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2018-06-06 at 12:21 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Internal builds are usually heaps ahead based on how previous betas and this one have progressed. Still, I think putting it for 14.8 is an extremely ambitious schedule and wouldnt be surprised if they either delay it or certain content gets delayed.
    But they are always heaps ahead. Just like in Legion and all the other betas. So why are we so behind now when this has always been the case?

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    the 32 bit client is losing support near the 1st of july, expect pre-patch directly following that.

The reason why they havent released it already is prob due to blizzard being uncharacteristically nice with class design, making changes this late to classes is not something they usually do and as a result both warrior and warlock are now looking very solid. However alot of classes still feel barren and need som love so that might be a reason.
    It's not being uncharacteristically nice. It's being uncharacteristically late. Because the class changes should have happened during the Alpha but didn't.

Deleted
    But they are always heaps ahead. Just like in Legion and all the other betas. So why are we so behind now when this has always been the case?

It's not being uncharacteristically nice. It's being uncharacteristically late. Because the class changes should have happened during the Alpha but didn't.
    They already did the alpha changes, normally once they're at this stage they dont do changes at all, hence the legion class revamps in patches instead. I'm not complaining that they're still fixing things and using a beta as an actual beta and grounds for feedback to the very last minute for once.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more inclined to trust the developers of the game on the schedule of the beta and release and how much time they need over the armchair analysts of this forum.
    Butts.

We are only 2 months out from launch. In the past, the pre-expansion patch would've been released by now.
    I remembered this differently entirely and a quick google search shows this:
    bfa 14.08.2018

legion 30.08.2016
    legion prepatch 19.07.2016

wod 13.11.2014
    wod prepatch 15.10.2014

mop 25.09.2012
    mop prepatch 28.08.2012

With that in mind, the prepatch should arrive around a month before, some time mid July.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    I'm more inclined to trust the developers of the game on the schedule of the beta and release and how much time they need over the armchair analysts of this forum.
    This, absolutely this! I agree with your every word here. Some people should get a grip. Opinion is one thing, complaining about how others do their job when they probably couldn't do it any better themselves, yet they like to pretend they know what would be best,- is a whole other thing.

We are only 2 months out from launch. In the past, the pre-expansion patch would've been released by now.
    what on earth are you on about.

pre-patch is usually 1 month before expansion, which will be mid july. why on earth would it have released already?

the sky isn't falling, get a effing grip.

We are behind because they have not put all internal builds on the beta for player access. Certain features and content is only tested internally as what goes on beta are systems they want to stress and systems they need actual feedback on.

World zones are more or less done, warmode was tested, warfronts were tested, islands were tested, all dungeons were tested. A lot of the tuning and class revamps happen in the big patches. PTR/char copies will probably be updated next Wednesday with live prepatch coming on July 10-11 after the holiday on the 4th.

No prepatch has ever been out more than 2 months from launch

Deleted
    I am sure they know what they're doing. The developers have released one of the best games of all time, I doubt anyone on this forum knows better than they do when it comes to development cycles and content releases. (Other than WOD 6.1 of course)

Deleted
    I find it hillarious that people still trust Blizzard after Warlords of Draenor. You would think they would learn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I find it hillarious that people still trust Blizzard after Warlords of Draenor. You would think they would learn.
    Legion? That's a thing - I remember at launch I actually had so much content I felt overwhelmed.

Pre patches are usually 6 weeks. It will be out early July. It's never been 10 weeks. The only thing they are behind on is ptr / beta but the patch and expansion will be coming out on time. They will probably be in an unfinished stage but that will be fixed shortly thereafter.

The only people who should be stressed out about this are blizzard employees directly. They are going to have to work their ass off.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

In the past no, the pre-patch wouldn't be out yet. It's also not an argument, it's fact. The last bunch of beta builds that go out tend to contain the most refinement - the PTR will also be going up very soon too, which is usually around a month before it launches on live. We'll probably get the pre-patch a month before BfA is released, so we'll get the PTR for it anywhere between now and the next week or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solkazo View Post
    Legion? That's a thing - I remember at launch I actually had so much content I felt overwhelmed.
    Just because they released one okay expansion since then (that still has major flaws, like class design and terrible legendary system) doesn't mean people should just trust everything they say. You stop paying attention and the next time you look you are getting next WoD, with two tiers and a facebook integration patch. Yes-men are unironically the worst thing that can happen to any developer process, because they don't question anything and agree with everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Just because they released one okay expansion since then (that still has major flaws, like class design and terrible legendary system) doesn't mean people should just trust everything they say. You stop paying attention and the next time you look you are getting next WoD, with two tiers and a facebook integration patch. Yes-men are unironically the worst thing that can happen to any developer process, because they don't question anything and agree with everything.
    If they did another WoD it would cost them financially big time. From what I can see there is allot of content like M+, Raids, PVP, War mode, War fronts, Island expeditions etc at luanch. I am not looking at it through rose tinted glasses and think them slowing down class rotations was just pure awful but I think we're doing ok even if the beta is a bit buggy.

The WoW community is very vocal when there is a bad change.