Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why do people constantly deny Egyptians were black?

I'm not talking about the cleopatra Era when a multitude of races started to mix and Egyptians started to get more light skinned. I'm talking about actual ancient Egypt hundreds of years before cleopatra, when the first pyramids were built and all these amazing structures that engineers still can't to this day understand how they were built.

Why do people constantly deny this race of being black or African when Egypt is located dead center in Africa? Not to mention the mummies DNA extracted from the tombs share a 80% similarities to the black Africans of today.

It's like the world refuses to accept this and I for some reason can't understand why. People don't even accept Mansa Musa was the most wealthiest man to ever live even though we have plenty of evidence to support this.
    Can someone help me out here?
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    I'm not talking about the cleopatra Era when a multitude of races started to mix and Egyptians started to get more light skinned. I'm talking about actual ancient Egypt hundreds of years before cleopatra, when the first pyramids were built and all these amazing structures that engineers still can't to this day understand how they were built.

Why do people constantly deny this race of being black or African when Egypt is located dead center in Africa? Not to mention the mummies DNA extracted from the tombs share a 80% similarities to the black Africans of today.

It's like the world refuses to accept this and I for some reason can't understand why. People don't even accept Mansa Musa was the most wealthiest man to ever live even though we have plenty of evidence to support this.
    I can't speak for others, but since Egypt is in Africa, it should be pretty obvious that they would had been black before people started going there from other places.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

... You might want to look at a map, because Egypt is not located in the center of Africa...

http://bigthink.com/philip-perry/wer...tists-now-know
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-06 at 02:20 PM.

Using modern social race classifications for an ancient civilization that goes back to the time of mammoths roaming Siberia is honestly kind of problematic, as problematic as @Josuke applying modern societal concepts to Romans (not to call her out).

The Egyptians racially identified as Egyptians.

As for their genetic ancestry, there's actually more Sub-Saharan African ancestry in modern Egyptian "Arabs" than in much of the Ancient Egyptian mummies we have examined. I believe the latest hypothesis is that the ancestors of the Ancient Egyptians migrated from the Near East due to a personal explosion, similar to how agriculture and animal husbandry was likely introduced to Europe. Over time of course they annexed, traded with or were conquered by a variety of different civilizations: Greeks, Romans, Persians, Nubians, Ethiopians, Berbers, etc.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-06-06 at 02:20 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, who is making the argument that they are or aren't black? First I am hearing of it.
    Second, Egypt is NOT dead center in Africa. It is on the Mediterranean Sea near middle eastern countries and right across from Turkey, Greece and Italy.
    Third, why do you care?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Why do people constantly deny this race of being black
    Black Africa is more south than Egypt.
    Nubia's domination lasted only for half a century

Not to mention the mummies DNA extracted from the tombs share a 80% similarities to the black Africans of today.
    That is a blantant lie. They share most of their DNA with middle-east people.

1/10 bait, move along.

Not to mention the mummies DNA extracted from the tombs share a 80% similarities to the black Africans of today.
    The shared dna between chimpanzees and human DNA is 96%, so if it's only 80% there, then I wonder what kind of fucking species they are, they are certainly not human if it's 80% shared.

Numerous reasons:
    Most "black" Africans are sub-Saharan.
    The Egyptians normally didn't portray themselves are dark skinned in their murals. They normally were reddish skinned. What's more, many murals had other peoples, such as their perennial rivals the Nubians, which they depicted with black skin.
    Egyptians were also always mixing with the middle easterners from at least the second millennia BC. Phoenicians, Babylonians, Sumerians, Hittites, etc were involved with the Egyptians, so your point about the the Greek dynasty of Ptolemy later on is more a continuation of a trend then "a major shift in genetics".

But did you want the answer to just be racism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Egyptians were a multi-racial civilization. Some were what we think of today as "black" while others were not.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Egyptians were a multi-racial civilization. Some were what we think of today as "black" while others were not.
    Not to mention the fact that they were very likely inter-breeding, to some extent, with their Jewish slaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know why it matters. What ever they did or didn’t do has shit to do with people now.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That DNA is not bait people. I actually saw it on the history Channel a few months back, they could've been lying sure but it seemed pretty sure. Not to mention the paintings on the wall of ancient Egypt fully support they were black or dark skinned.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

I thought they figured out how they might have built the pyramids.......

Eh Center of Africa? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Not to mention the fact that they were very likely inter-breeding, to some extent, with their Jewish slaves.
    There's no archaeological evidence the Hebrews were in Egypt - Ever.

That DNA is not bait people. I actually saw it on the history Channel a few months back, they could've been lying sure but it seemed pretty sure. Not to mention the paintings on the wall of ancient Egypt fully support they were black or dark skinned.
    Considering that we share 96% of our DNA with chimpanzees, it's impossible we're talking about humans if it's only 80% shared with them.

Deleted
    That region of Africa was never "black" but a mix of different races in the region. Egypt changed hands a lot between the different empires positioned around the Mediterranean sea.

You have too look further south and deeper into the mainland to find the origins of those you are trying to project in Egypt.

Stop using history to push certain agenda's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There was lots of interbreeding as goes with all systems similar to.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    There's no archaeological evidence the Hebrews were in Egypt - Ever.
    Really? That's fascinating, if true Sounds like another big hit to Christian mythology!

Not to mention the paintings on the wall of ancient Egypt fully support they were black or dark skinned.

Egyptians are the Red ones. Nubians are the black ones.