Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I had a friend who got rank 14 on multiple chars in vanilla, a shaman and a lock. He slept more than 2 hours a night, so yeah it should be possible.
    with the amount of people knowing about it now compared to back then. Rank 14 became a lot more popular after you couldn't get it anymore. Now the pool of players you need to compete against. Bots, powerleveling services. Regular people simply won't ever see that rank. Hardcore players will struggle like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Man, that would be impossible for me. It takes me forever to get to sleep... I can't imagine sleeping for such a short amount of time multiple times a day. I'd spend half the day trying to get to sleep!
    It's impossible for you because it's impossible for everyone. So don't feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It is one of those things that once you get in the habit of it you actually fall asleep quickly because your body is programmed for it. it is actually worse when you miss a nap though. I did it while in university for a while(I would catch the 20 minute nap during my lunch)
    No, it isn't. There's no situation outside of chemical interference that allows people to hit proper SWS in 20 minutes. That's not how brains work. That said, the nap schedule thing is often used by some people (called Uberman), but I have yet to see a reference of it that indicates its safe, effective, or useful. It's mostly for people who are 'okay' being a walking wreck. It's possible to survive on, but not for very long (A month or so). It's usually reserved for projects or things these days that require a lot of attention. It usually ends poorly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it probably won't be possible.

There likely won't be that many servers and unless they heavily modify the system in slight ways (keep the spirit the same, but be a bit more reasonable) I actually see this being more of a cluster fuck than it ever was on Vanilla when there were a couple hundred servers.

The Alliance and Horde would collude on our server back in the day, and the people who cared about grinding for R14 essentially got together and planned out who would be getting R14 at exactly what time. When somebody jumped the line or a random person who literally played days straight upset the system put in place, the Horde and Alliance would purposely gank the living shit out of that person when they left a BG and camp them mercilessly.

The system they designed initially worked okay until about R10 for "normal" people, but climbing any higher was absolutely retarded. You basically needed to be top honor for a few weeks to push from R13 to R14, and if somebody upset that flow it would basically set you back a couple weeks.

When I say impossible I don't really mean impossible. The combination of people knowing exactly what they need to do, and the incredible likelihood of there being a very small pool of servers (as opposed to the couple hundred 13 years ago) doesn't bode well for those setting their sights for R14. What I actually expect to happen is there will probably be multiple 'pvp cartels' per server due to shear population, and they are just going to fuck each other to the point that barely anybody is going to get it. It[s probably one of the few actual systems in the game that likely needs to be tweaked slightly, especially if the amount of servers are going to be heavily limited. If you only have maybe a dozen servers with tens of thousands of people on them, good fucking luck.

It is possible but the real question is why would you want to do it solo. Vanilla is not solo friendly in terms of getting geared up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I don't think it would actually be possible solo. Even the "solo" people I knew in Vanilla who upset the ladder a couple times (then vanished the next couple weeks because they got camped at the BG entrance) eventually ended up joining roll groups in order to farm honor efficiently. Even if you play several hours more, there is no way you can consistently compete with groups that are organized and have win rates between 90-100%.

99% impossible. 1) There is a very slim possibility that low pop servers will exist, and those were the primary space that made "solo" R14s possible on retail; 2) A lot more people know how the honor system actually works now, making sneaking into needed brackets very unlikely. 3) Amount of noobs to feed on is gonna be greatly diminished, reducing the effectiveness of solo qing provided premade-vs-premade priority gets implemented (which is very likely imo).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    99% impossible. 1) There is a very slim possibility that low pop servers will exist, and those were the primary space that made "solo" R14s possible on retail; 2) A lot more people know how the honor system actually works now, making sneaking into needed brackets very unlikely. 3) Amount of noobs to feed on is gonna be greatly diminished, reducing the effectiveness of solo qing provided premade-vs-premade priority gets implemented (which is very likely imo).
    There were addons to get around that, you would all join a chat channel and it you would queue at the same time and then it would report when the queue popped in the channel and by pulling the BG ID from the hidden data it could predict how many of your "party" got in to the BG. Was best used for AV queuing to get groups of 20 in together.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher96 View Post
    Hello,

I'm planning on getting rank 14 on Classic WoW on Blizzard servers. I'm an hardcore gamer and polyphasic sleeper (I sleep 2 hours a day), so I guess i'll be able to play 21+ hours a day for weeks. I'm also good at pvp i used to be gladiator in wotlk .

My problem is that i read it's impossible to get rank 14 without a "pvp cartel" or a pvp guild call it as you want. I've heard they have the ladder control and they decide who's gonna be the next rank 14. How is this even possible? So my question is the following one : is this possible to be rank 14 alone? (considering I'll be playing 21+ hours a day while these guys will play more like 16h a day but in premade) I want to do this as a warrior, my favorite class.

Another concern is : will I get banned for "account sharing" ? I can imagine the other competitors for R14 will get mad at me when they will notice i'm logged-in almost 24/7, so they might report me for account sharing.
    So do you know when do Blizzard consider you're account sharing? Excessively high play time? Multiple IP ?

Excuse my bad english it's not my native language.

Slasher.
    Nobody can say until there is clarity around how full the servers will be. If they are pretty full and if a lot of ppl are chasing rank 14 (both of which are likely), it will be very difficult for you. The HWL group I ran with easily won over 95% of our games and a really long WSG was 10 minutes for us, with the vast majority being under 7. There were some randoms on our server who would get in the top 5 here or there by playing an absurd sheer number of hours (and AV weekends were the best for them), but they could not sustain it and our group always controlled who got to 13/14.

As far as how the system worked, it wasn't very complicated. Out of the ppl who were a core part of the HWL group, the person with the most seniority got dibs on pushing for what they wanted next. Generally that is the person doing the organization, setting the schedule and doing the invites and working the comp as people rotate in and out. It was all about winning and the people who were not part of the core group were aware of the fact.

It's unlikely you would ever get banned just for playing a lot. Blizzard has tools they can use to determine the likelihood of an account sharing situation.

I'd be pretty surprised if the PvP/Honor system isn't reworked for Classic. Even in the purist community most people seem to acknowledge there's a problem with it and it won't be fun.

If you play PVP all day long other people who also PVP all day long will probably take notice of you and ask if you wanna premade. If you are a high rank with decent PVP gear getting into a premade is not that hard, even if you are an antisocial player. Trying to get R14 alone by playing 21 hours every day is just silly when you can do it in a premade in much less hours.

Hello,

I'm planning on getting rank 14 on Classic WoW on Blizzard servers. I'm an hardcore gamer and polyphasic sleeper (I sleep 2 hours a day), so I guess i'll be able to play 21+ hours a day for weeks. I'm also good at pvp i used to be gladiator in wotlk .

My problem is that i read it's impossible to get rank 14 without a "pvp cartel" or a pvp guild call it as you want. I've heard they have the ladder control and they decide who's gonna be the next rank 14. How is this even possible? So my question is the following one : is this possible to be rank 14 alone? (considering I'll be playing 21+ hours a day while these guys will play more like 16h a day but in premade) I want to do this as a warrior, my favorite class.

Another concern is : will I get banned for "account sharing" ? I can imagine the other competitors for R14 will get mad at me when they will notice i'm logged-in almost 24/7, so they might report me for account sharing.
    So do you know when do Blizzard consider you're account sharing? Excessively high play time? Multiple IP ?

Slasher.
    Given that there will not be cross realm bg sharing and that servers will be severely more populated than they were in vanilla , the possibility of a single premade group controlling the bg ladder won't be possible.

Besides that, the fact that you will be spending so much time doing bgs will inevitably get u into premade groups which will undoubtedly be able to compete with other premade groups.

The short answer is , yes you can get R14 but it will take you longer doing it solo than joining other premade groups.

I'd love to be able to survive on 2 hours a day!

Very many random predictions here, remember that during Vanilla Blizzard modified how many could rank up weekly (1.8).

Ofcourse someone who dedicate their playtime to mostly PvP will have R14 available.
    Its just a matter of time spendt, and some RNG with what ranks the opponents you queue against currently have.

I'm going to put this really honestly but as gentle as i can - if you can and will spend 21 hours per day playing a video game, you really have some far more serious questions you need to be asking yourself.

Also, i really dont think your little story is true, as you seem to be confused about what polyphasic sleeper actually is. But thats kind of beside the point i guess.

You dont just decide to get rank 14 - you need to practically be the best pvp guild on the server and the guild usually will have an order of who gets it when. Usually you want to cycle 2 people at a time between the final ranks. While the guild helps you get the rank, it also makes sure that no one else gets it - it was very common to sabotage people back in the day from getting them suspended to bribing other teams with gold to not help him, etc. and unless you were on a really dead server there was always an order of who gets it when.

You can play every single second of the day, account share if you want to, you will never be able to keep up with pvp guilds pushing their members for the rank ups. iirc blizzard has always used Warden to track account sharing, no idea what they do now. I was mostly playing PvE but got rank 10 on my own, but afterwards you dont need just massive amounts of honor, you need the quick BG wins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I had a friend who got rank 14 on multiple chars in vanilla, a shaman and a lock. He slept more than 2 hours a night, so yeah it should be possible.
    Not on their own they didn't. You can't solo your way to the top of the vanilla pvp ranks without help and conforming to the groups set up. Even if you are one of the best pvpers around going at it alone means everybody will be teaming up on you and keeping you off track.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Not on their own they didn't. You can't solo your way to the top of the vanilla pvp ranks without help and conforming to the groups set up. Even if you are one of the best pvpers around going at it alone means everybody will be teaming up on you and keeping you off track.
    Yeah I did it to r13, no one got r14 playing a small amount of hours and if they did it solo they needed to be playing 18h+, definitely not 2.

Hello,

Slasher.
    With premade you surely can, the cartel thing is a myth, maybe only a handful of servers got it and even some hardcore populated pvp servers didnt have any cartels just guilds/premades who were playing together. Only thing that can stop you a bit are other competitiors from your faction which are going with similar rank/pace as you are, but usually most of top tier pvp players are playing together in 1 premade and have enough brains to communicate between each other to make it less painful for both parties .

You won't be banned for account sharing if you are not reporting it directly to blizzard by yourself, mostly every r14 player had someone who helped them either family member or friend, lot of people were even open about it and nobody ever had any issues at all, like 0. For example me and my brother had 14r and for sure our premade and some other guildies knew that we are playing in shifts, and nobody had any problems with that.
    Last edited by Loxotron; 2018-06-13 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    and that servers will be severely more populated than they were in vanilla
    And why would it be so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And why would it be so ?
    Quite obvious, Blizzard roughly knows how many people are going to play Classic, in Vanilla on the other hand they were overcompensating for ever increasing popularity of the game that they didnt expect. No reason to spend more money than you have to.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B