Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

It's 2 months from release, are you worried about the state of beta?

Right now we are 2 months from the release date of the expansion, and not only is there missing expansion features, incomplete quests and reward structures, but also some classes are still going through heavy mechanical redesigns.

It seems really behind in development compared to where Legion was at this stage of it's beta cycle. At this point I'd expect the product to be pretty much complete with a good 2 months focused on polish, deep feature testing, balancing and bug fixing. Yet here they are with major features missing, and asking us to test systems that you can't even access/complete properly on beta (Azerite traits I'm looking at you - they ask us to test them yet we can't even get them since there is no AP research available yet), if I was Blizzard I would be really sweating at this point.

Do you think they pushed the release date forward and committed to a schedule they are going to struggle to meet just for the sake of keeping players a bit happier? I feel like they need a good 4 months more of beta judging by it's current state and pace of progress - I've been playing it for over a month and honestly can't say much has changed apart from being able to actually complete the main story arcs of each zone now. Very few Azerite traits are actually playable, most are so undertuned they are barely worth clicking, dungeons are horribly balanced, Mythic+ isn't even available, no word on the new affixes (a datamined single name doesn't count) and one of the main features (island expeditions) currently feels like an extremely ghetto version of MoP scenarios that doesn't even have it's own interface.

I'm worried they are going to really struggle to meet this release date in a playable fashion.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be playable and mostly error free, no worries. However I worry about lower replayability due to missing legendaries.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a little concerned but you also have failed to mention that Blizzard themselves have been quoted saying they are 2-3 builds ahead of what is on the beta. Hence why things break.. they do the fix on there in-house build and add it to a build 2 steps behind it breaks.

I can imagine a rather large update in the next week's as prepatch is 4-5 weeks away

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's going to be a shitshow until they fix broken stuff at 8.1. And blizzard seems to be fine with fixings thing at live instead of ptr and beta.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

If this was coming off the heels of WoD I might be a bit concerned, but Legion restored a TON of faith in expansion development for me.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

The last 3 xpacs have been bad. Whether they were rushed out or well planned(lol). Not worried at all, just hoping to be surprised for the first time in 8 years with a good xpac. No need to tell me to leave - this isn't the first bad game I'll continue playing.

bit worried that they seem to be done with feral.. as it currently stands it's not even functioning properly due to resource management + talents
    tf on the gcd also has to be a cruel joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Not one bit.
    Then you clearly aren't playing it because it is a buggy mess. War campaign is loaded with blocking bugs, as of a few days ago roughly half the dungeons weren't completeable, its a 50% chance at best that any given WQ works properly, war fronts aren't active and have been barely tested at all, no one can seem to queue for island expeditions as far as I can tell, there are still major class reworks going on. Beta right now is an unmitigated disaster in comparison to how far along Legion was at this point.

Deleted
    You know blizzard internal beta is like 2-3 patches ahead of "public" beta?

I've seen games in worse states 2 months before release and come out good the other end but not many games have the sheer amount of content as a WoW expo. Most of the bugs I have faith will be resolved. World quests and dungeons are buggy but that should be resolved. The core content is there and it's solid. I worry about the content that hasn't been tested though as ramayana1423 said War fronts have rarely been tested (I don't think I've been on during an test) and that is a fairly big selling point for the expo.

The classes work, the raid works (for the most part), dungeons are having issue but 2 months is a decent amount of time and the same goes for World quests. It in a bad state compared to legion but they have a decent amount of time to fix the issues.

a bit but its been awhile since i logged into beta. I just haven't been able to get into wow since WoD and i suspect a lot it for me is the scaling and attitude towards flying.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    You know blizzard internal beta is like 2-3 patches ahead of "public" beta?
    Sure, bu there's no reason to say it wasn't that way with Legion as well, and look how far along that was at this stage of beta development.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Beta right now is an unmitigated disaster in comparison to how far along Legion was at this point.
    Rose tinted glasses are great hey? I love when people make these statements without remembering correctly. I really feel like I should start writing a list of what happens in betas, so when people bs in the next one, I can show them where they're wrong.

People saying class changes don't happen in beta would be a great one for starters. People SWORE by that when Alpha was just ending, complete and utter confidence that they had never made notable class changes in beta, despite lists of changes people showed them.

It was miserably buggy 2 months pre-release of legion, people said the same shit, it'll never be ready in time, how could they make it playable in just 2 months, and yet it was the best release yet.

From what I've seen on the beta it's worse than MoP/WoD/Legion betas 2 months before release. Many bugs, AI, pathing issues, etc. The only beta to come close to the state of BFA beta was Cata with all the flawed phasing tech and whatnot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just play warlock (team developers that works on warlock changes-upgrade-quality of life) realy good , all 3 specs feels GREAT.Not a Numerical damage but sinergy among talents+skills+pets+CD+source generation.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2018-06-06 at 11:33 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Absolutely. At least WoD had garrisons. What does BfA actually have?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It was miserably buggy 2 months pre-release of legion, people said the same shit, it'll never be ready in time, how could they make it playable in just 2 months, and yet it was the best release yet.
    At this point pre-release in Legion beta all the major expansion features were in the game, people were farming Mythic+ and getting solid Artifact traits testing in. In comparison BfA beta right now has no M+, barely any accessible Azerite traits, no war fronts, and ghetto as fuck expeditions. Nothing rose tinted here at all, just comparing numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Absolutely. At least WoD had garrisons. What does BfA actually have?
    Content? Mostly content over WoD.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Not particularly, I mean there are still quests that have been spectacularly bugged forever like the culmination of the whole outing Lady Ashvane story arc. But assuming those are fixed I am not too worried.