Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya real shitty graphic's..... We get it you hate consoles.

You have shown all you can do is shit on consoles and ignore facts so replying to you more then I have is pointless.
    I have a normal PS4 and i have fifa for both it and my PC. The differences in graphic are pretty insane.

Get angry all you want, i'm not a console hater. If you are gonna go ragekid on me then you are wasting my time tho.

I'm not gonna buy a completely new ps4 every 3 months because they upgrade 1 item in it. Thats ludachris.

Edit: Also who is we? Are you skitzo?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hows that CD collection you got? Got the new Linkin Park Album? You gonna wait for the Bluray or wait for netflix?
    tbf, I live in the UK and have 50 KBS speed, 150 on a good day. Even watching a youtube video on 140p is pixulated to fuck and still buffers. If I can get a physical copy I'll get it.

Anyways on topic.

My ex partners brother currently works for a SME; they host the hardware and servers for games, you just need to pay a sub to access them and have your own save file. Simple idea is to save costs while being able to play at the best quality. It's still in testing at the moment has been for a while. But from what I gather they've been working on this for the past 6 years I think he said? He joined them 3 years ago so it's atleast 3 regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I have a normal PS4 and i have fifa for both it and my PC. The differences in graphic are pretty insane.

Get angry all you want, i'm not a console hater. If you are gonna go ragekid on me then you are wasting my time tho.

I'm not gonna buy a completely new ps4 every 3 months because they upgrade 1 item in it. Thats ludachris.

Edit: Also who is we? Are you skitzo?
    But what are your specs on the PC? I'm lucky to be able to have a 1080ti rig going, but my xbox one was far better quality than my old gaming machine.

There's no argument that pcs have the potential to give better results in every way, but the price difference between a console capable of high end graphics against a PC which can produce better is a massive price difference.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    tbf, I live in the UK and have 50 KBS speed, 150 on a good day. Even watching a youtube video on 140p is pixulated to fuck and still buffers. If I can get a physical copy I'll get it.

Anyways on topic.

My ex partners brother currently works for a SME; they host the hardware and servers for games, you just need to pay a sub to access them and have your own save file. Simple idea is to save costs while being able to play at the best quality. It's still in testing at the moment has been for a while. But from what I gather they've been working on this for the past 6 years I think he said? He joined them 3 years ago so it's atleast 3 regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

But what are your specs on the PC? I'm lucky to be able to have a 1080ti rig going, but my xbox one was far better quality than my old gaming machine.

There's no argument that pcs have the potential to give better results in every way, but the price difference between a console capable of high end graphics against a PC which can produce better is a massive price difference.
    I'm not at home atm and i'm not really that much into hardware. It was a powerful gaming pc bought pre assembled around 4,5 years ago. Cost me about 3k

These days its not doing too great. I'm not running stuff on ultra anymore thats for sure. Actually running with 1980x1020 resolution aswell cus my screen is shit.

I tend to think of it more like new console = new PC upgrade. Much of your hardware gets carried over into the next build: Case, PSU, storage, even RAM depending on the upgrade cycle. AMD motherboards even support a wide range of CPU generations, so you might not even need to replace that. CPU ipc has slowed down a lot so often times an "upgrade" is literally only buying a new GPU. And if not for the cryptomining craze of late, those used to only cost you $200-300.

I'm not at home atm and i'm not really that much into hardware. It was a powerful gaming pc bought pre assembled around 4,5 years ago. Cost me about 3k

These days its not doing too great. I'm not running stuff on ultra anymore thats for sure. Actually running with 1980x1020 resolution aswell cus my screen is shit.
    You spent 3K on a pre assembled PC about 5 years ago and are having to run at 1080p.....

OMG my fucken sides hurt laughing so hard at that. Bet its a piece of shit alienware as well, That would be the icing on the cake. You try to talk all high and mighty but you bought a pre-build and I bet u can't even tell the difference between a GPU and a CPU....

Too good man I give your bait a 10/10.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-06-07 at 10:55 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Saw this on the main page of mmo-c. Quite an interesting idea to think about, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. I have never owned any console but for hundreds of thousands of people it's about the whole console culture.

And certainly it won't happen thanks to streaming, which is still completely out of reach for about 99% of the populace, and people claiming otherwise must be living in a bubble of luxury.

The problem here is that outside of major cities cited in the original post, broadband internet is not even available. And then, in those extremely developed cities where it is available, many people are not opting for it because there is no real need. One reason gaming on PCs has always been so popular is because it is kind of accidental to some extent. In that sense that most people had a PC ANYWAY, so they didn't need to specifically purchase it just to play the game.

1000mbit internet is not something that most people have any need for, so that's something that would have to be bought exclusively for the purpose of streaming games, furthermore, most people these days do not even use cables to have a reliable connection, but opt for shitty wifi modems. And I say that as an owner of a 500mbit cable internet which is as high as they go, in this large city in Middle Europe.

Deleted
    You spent 3K on a pre assembled PC about 5 years ago and are running at 1080p.....

OMG my fucken sides hurt laughing so hard at that. Bet its a piece of shit alienware as well, That would be the icing on the cake. You try to talk all high and mighty but you bought a pre-build and I bet u can't even tell the difference between a GPU and a CPU....

Too good man I give your bait a 10/10.
    Good god man you are one salty dude :P

As i said its because my monitor cant run above that. I lost my old one cause i hit it with the end of a broom as i was playing with my daughter.

Obviously its not a limitation of my graphic card.

Good god man you are one salty dude :P

As i said its because my monitor cant run above that. I lost my old one cause i hit it with the end of a broom as i was playing with my daughter.

Obviously its not a limitation of my graphic card.
    If true that makes your little story even more funny. Has nothing to do with salt, I'm just calling you on the bullshit your spewing. You don't know dick about hardware (as you have openly admitted) and you also don't know dick about graphic's and game sells (as you proved with with Minecraft 25million copy's comment ignoring those sells are a total of all platforms).

Your just some idiot who spent 3K on a pre-build and now goes "Hur Dur PC Master Race Exclusives Bad ect..."

Also fun fact each platform including PC prides itself on its exclusive's. Exclusives drive competition, But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ubisoft are talking out of their arse.

As long as consoles still sell well which they do then they ain't going anywhere for a long time. The Xbox One has low sales mostly due to MS bungling it up a bit before launch and creating a stigma around it.

Sony made the right decisions this generation. Simple as that. Just like MS did last generation.

As for Nintendo the Switch has done good for first year sales.

As long as the hardware keeps improving and offers console level alternatives as well then the console developers will have plenty to work with.

Plus not to mention exclusives. Some console exclusive games for me are more fun than pc exclusive ones by a country mile.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    If true that makes your little story even more funny. Has nothing to do with salt, I'm just calling you on the bullshit your spewing. You don't know dick about hardware (as you have openly admitted) and you also don't know dick about graphic's and game sells (as you proved with with Minecraft 25million copy's comment ignoring those sells are a total of all platforms).

Your just some idiot who spent 3K on a pre-build and now goes "Hur Dur PC Master Race Exclusives Bad ect..."

Also fun fact each platform including PC prides itself on the things ti has exclusive of. Exclusives drive competition. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. It seems like you have some sort of issue and you are looking for something thats gonna end in infractions. I'm just gonna ignore you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ubisoft are talking out of their arse.

As long as consoles still sell well which they do then they ain't going anywhere for a long time. The Xbox One has low sales mostly due to MS bungling it up a bit before launch and creating a stigma around it.

Sony made the right decisions this generation. Simple as that. Just like MS did last generation.

As for Nintendo the Switch has done good for first year sales.

As long as the hardware keeps improving and offers console level alternatives as well then the console developers will have plenty to work with.

Plus not to mention exclusives. Some console exclusive games for me are more fun than pc exclusive ones by a country mile.
    Didnt Sony say something about trying to rebrand themselves away from hardware recently?

I'm not sure how to respond to this. It seems like you have some sort of issue and you are looking for something thats gonna end in infractions. I'm just gonna ignore you.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt Sony say something about trying to rebrand themselves away from hardware recently?
    No. They just said they aren't showing any hardware at E3 and focusing on software if I recall.

For me as long as the system works and the games are fun I'll buy it. Simple as that. Gotten hours of enjoyment out of my PS4 and tbh I've been using it way more than my pc recently.

Probably will even more now since I finally ordered external storage for it which means I can have all my games on.

Hows that CD collection you got? Got the new Linkin Park Album? You gonna wait for the Bluray or wait for netflix?
    Streaming music and video require astronomically less bandwidth than games. 4K 60 FPS is fuckton of data and on top of that ping needs to be near zero for it to be playable.

Deleted
    No. They just said they aren't showing any hardware at E3 and focusing on software if I recall.

For me as long as the system works and the games are fun I'll buy it. Simple as that. Gotten hours of enjoyment out of my PS4 and tbh I've been using it way more than my pc recently.

Probably will even more now since I finally ordered external storage for it which means I can have all my games on.
    I cant find the article i read but this guy: https://gizmodo.com/sony-please-dont...ets-1826205738
    is speaking about what i was refering to.

I cant find the article i read but this guy: https://gizmodo.com/sony-please-dont...ets-1826205738
    is speaking about what i was refering to.
    Eh doesn't necessarily mean consoles. Just their lower selling hardware which seems to be cameras and other stuff.

PS4 has sold nearly 80 million so far. If they can keep the trend up next generation and whack it out of the ballpark then they will most certainly still support the gaming/console area.

Deleted
    Eh doesn't necessarily mean consoles. Just their lower selling hardware which seems to be cameras.
    Yeah i know. The article i read was some clickbaity thing about "Is sony giving up on playstation"?

Probably not anything as radical as that but it is a bit concerning that he doesnt mention gadgets at all

Is your internet the same as it was 10 years ago?
    Nope my internet is not the same as it was 10 years ago.

It is however the exact same connection with the exact same plan and the exact same hardware but it is vastly slower because my ISP decided that the hardware support people were not needed and that oversubscribing was a great idea....
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Streaming is already here. I've played the latest AAA releases on Geforce Now with 1080 maxed out with no lag. Then again it was from Europe where we don't get cucked on the internet like in the US but still. The tech is already here to a degree and future work on it will make it better and better.
    Geforce Now is already working to push out 2k/4k streaming in the near future and the thing is still just beta.
    Guillemot is right in the future nobody will be throwing money on expensive pcs or consoles when you can stream it on any cheap device available for 4.99$ a month.

GennGreymane is one of the very few members that can get away with constant sarcasm, patronising and trolling without incurring an infraction. It really is quite amazing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would basically kill most gaming in Australia to go that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Streaming is already here. I've played the latest AAA releases on Geforce Now with 1080 maxed out with no lag. Then again it was from Europe where we don't get cucked on the internet like in the US but still. The tech is already here to a degree and future work on it will make it better and better.
    Geforce Now is already working to push out 2k/4k streaming in the near future and the thing is still just beta.
    Guillemot is right in the future nobody will be throwing money on expensive pcs or consoles when you can stream it on any cheap device available for 4.99$ a month.
    Thats impressive. With no lag? How was your ms? Was there no input lag either?