Thread: The Boys

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Or Tek-Knight, the dude who saved the world by fucking a meteor.
    That was just a coma dream from a wheelbarrow falling on his head.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    That was just a coma dream from a wheelbarrow falling on his head.
    Shush you.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Shush you.
    Shutting up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Money, if they release 1 16ep season, then people will binge it and they only get money for 1 month of subs, if they split it in 2 or more seasons, they get money for every season. Also the budget would have had to be much higher per season if they went for 16 episodes, or same budget which would automatically mean lower quality.
    I get that, but they would have known that before writing the story/mapping out episodes right?

While I enjoyed the show generally it is incredibly unsatisfying that I will have to wait months to see the rest of a story that seems to have been cut up into unsatisfactory bits for the sole reason of squeezing a little more mo ey out of people.

As an aside I wish Amazon would sort out the aspect ratio with this show. Watched on my 21:9 screen and half the display is black bars

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished binging the rest of the comic's 72 issues. Took 3 days but it was worth every second. The ending was mostly satisfying, too. Even kinda left the door open a spinoff--or two--within the same universe if they wanted.

A few things of note:

• Butcher recruiting Hughie specifically to kill him in the final arc was fucking genius. Some hints are dropped Butcher has something CRAZY in mind for Hughie down the road especially after what happened with the G-Men.
    • Butcher's Endgame in the Final Arc...Hughie's sit-down with Mallory was what confirmed for me our favorite Anti-Hero was WAY beyond as insane as he wanted everyone to know he was. Butcher dropped some serious hints before shit got hot with The Seven that probably wouldn't be the end of it as far as he was concerned.
    • The Female seems to survived the building getting bombed to hell. Hugie mentions before the epilogue she lost both of her legs in the blast but otherwise seems to have survived. Hughie probably didn't want to let Butcher know she survived. My theory is she cleared the window right when the bomb went off.
    • M.M. living through Butcher setting off a grenade literally in his face for another half hour was just...damn.
    • Black Noir being revealed to not only exist for the sole purpose of killing Homelander if the need ever came but also his clone was quite the plot twist. 'Least we know it wasn't actually Highlander talking to himself in front of a mirror. It still think it was funny as hell Highlander himself apparently never once saw Black Noir's face until the big reveal. It's funny because he clearly knew Black Noir's dick was the same size and length as his.
    • If Maeve didn't get her head punted by Homelander, she would've probably laughed her ass off at what happened to him in DC.
    • Love Sausage...a damned shame he prettymuch died off-screen. He was such a unique character not just in his arc but when he came outta nowhere to fuck up Stormfront.
    • I thought it was real interesting Mallory revealed The modified Compound V the team is injected with--except for The Female who drank enough Compound V to kill her a few dozen times over as a baby and lived--fucks with your internal clock to the point your body stops aging for a bit.

...So much Fan Fiction material on this series, it's a travesty AO3 and FF.net don't have categories for The Boys. I mentioned earlier the door was left open for a spinoff. Hughie clearly plans to keep working with the CIA and now Starlight's probably in on it. If the tech exists, they could probably give The Female some high-tech prosthetics. I think it's more likely they try to find another human weapon who can fight on command though. Frenchie said it himself: If anyone deserves the right to walk away, it's her. That would leave finding bodies to replace M.M. (Investigating/Hacking), Frenchie (Infiltration/Espionage) and Butcher (Legit Psychopath with the right mix of brains and brawn).

Season 2...Love Sausage it will be interesting how they do the Moscow Arc for a variety of reasons. If they follow the same pacing as the comics, we're looking at 8 to 10 seasons and that's assuming Amazon allows it. This would've been a hard pass on doing a live action adaption 10 years ago because of the politics touched on alone. Now's a good time though.
    Last edited by Aurabolt; 2019-08-05 at 03:08 PM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Logan was boring as fuck?!
    No your not.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    snip
    Did you read Herogasm and Highland Laddie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Did you read Herogasm and Highland Laddie?
    I read all 72 Volumes online. Herogasm was prettymuch the first Arc though wasn't it?

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I read all 72 Volumes online. Herogasm was prettymuch the first Arc though wasn't it?
    Herogasm is basically considered vol 5 of the series, it was released...I forget exactly when, somewhere around issue 25-30 of the main series I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can one read the comics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Google it. That's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Not really, the only thing I would classify as slightly woke is that the nudity shown is always male, no female nudity whatsoever.
    Actually there was female nudity, very briefly. The first time they visit the super hero club (first episode I think) there's a couple having sex mid air fully nude.

Good show. One of the important messages is empathy. Without empathy you can be a hero. Without empathy you can redeem from your bac acts and mistakes. Without empathy there is no growth.

An important contrast between Hugh and Patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    For instance one scene has the superman of that universe rape a married woman and then a super strong flying fetus explodes out of her chest while shes sleeping in bed with her husband.
    things like this and the incest in GoT...why would anyone find this entertaining.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    things like this and the incest in GoT...why would anyone find this entertaining.
    Because that's what people do when there's no taboo about it nor can people do anything about it.

People will do unbelieveable shit if they know they won't get caught, just look on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Because that's what people do when there's no taboo about it nor can people do anything about it.

People will do unbelieveable shit if they know they won't get caught, just look on the internet
    yeah, true. i have said some pretty vile shit on the internet before. i'm just tired of the trend of one upping the previous "edgy and shocking" thing done in the name of entertainment.

plus i couldnt give a fuck about super hero crap anyways. show probably just isn't for me.

addition: now that im thinking about it, while i wouldnt ever use super powers for rape or robbing banks or shit like that, i would absolutely use a mental super power to control peoples minds. so i get it, probably still not my show tho.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-08-03 at 09:45 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Logan was boring as fuck?!
    No, you're not.

Not interested in this, but Karl Urban was pretty cool in Almost Human. It's a pity they canceled that show, it was quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Not interested in this, but Karl Urban was pretty cool in Almost Human. It's a pity they canceled that show, it was quite fun.
    You're going to be missing-out then. One of the better written genre shows I've watched in a while.

I'm still trying to figure out two things, one of which has already been touched upon..

1, Was Becca raped? or was it consensual? it is important as it was the tipping point for Butcher

2, What made her leave? was she threatened? blackmailed? were they going to kill Butcher if she didn't comply? or just mothers love for her unborn child?

"There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy