Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Which is a big "if" for an international post that concerns a whole lot of countries that don't use a 12-hour system.

Also, for people saying "it's logical": no it isn't. Using 12 instead of 0? Sure, why not. But then it would be at least as logical to not switch am/pm. Days would go from 1am to 12am then from 1pm to 12pm. After 12:59pm, it's 1am. Instead of going from 12 am 1 am and then all the way to 11am.
    I'm sure there are reasons for why it is how it is, but things could certainly be different and it's pretty arrogant to assume people not used to 12-hour systems are stupid.
    Never called anyone stupid though.

Simply explained basic maths to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Better than the 3AM I've had forever.
    Midnight releases were bad too, waiting in line for TBC, buying it, driving home, trying to log in, get stuck in queue for 1 hour, finally get in, and...I'm exhausted.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Am I the only bothered by the fact that Blizzard launches the new expac ON A FREAKIN MONDAY ????

WHO DOES THAT ?

Mid day launch kills this for me. What a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You know aside from heavy DDoS(https://venturebeat.com/2016/08/30/c...h-ddos-attack/) and several players not able to pick up the first quest to get to their class halls and pick up their first artifact.
    Oh please the DDoS attacks were over fairly quickly and the issues were fixed.

You really wanna claim it was as bad as other expansions or even WoD? MoP some servers were stuck on the airship for 6 hours because of both lag and not being able to hit the quest mob, WoD we had nearly a week of lag, bugs and god knows what else.

Cata half the time you could barely log in and even when you did it was a shitstorm.

Legions launch was very smooth compared to past expansions because we finally got Sharding which created another instance of a zone when it was considered full or congested.

You should never expect a fully smooth expansion launch for a game with a fuckton of players. Of course there will be issues for the first few days at most. And in Blizzards defence the DDoS is not their fault. No company can fully defend against it.

Could I see a source however for "several" people not being able to get into their order halls? I don't recall it being an issue.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 06:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardprime View Post
    Most countries have a population who can count to 24 without difficulty so it's not basic time to dumb it down in the rest of the world.
    It is dumbing it down to have people divide 24 by 2 and keep track of the two segement by AM and PM?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardprime View Post
    Most countries have a population who can count to 24 without difficulty so it's not basic time to dumb it down in the rest of the world.
    If you manage to count to 24 (bravo, by the way), you should handle two seperate time formats. Or at least don't embarrass yourself and do 1 second google research, if you don't know what 12 AM means.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdream View Post
    Am I the only bothered by the fact that Blizzard launches the new expac ON A FREAKIN MONDAY ????

WHO DOES THAT ?

Yes you are in fact the only person to get this worked up about this

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is pretty awesome. Moreover, Americas don't have to wait until 14th to play BFA. That's amazing!!

I am excited for BfA. Already playing it in Beta and aside from the bugs it is pretty cool and unique. ^^

Which is a big "if" for an international post that concerns a whole lot of countries that don't use a 12-hour system.

Also, for people saying "it's logical": no it isn't. Using 12 instead of 0? Sure, why not. But then it would be at least as logical to not switch am/pm. Days would go from 1am to 12am then from 1pm to 12pm. After 12:59pm, it's 1am. Instead of going from 12 am 1 am and then all the way to 11am.
    I'm sure there are reasons for why it is how it is, but things could certainly be different and it's pretty arrogant to assume people not used to 12-hour systems are stupid.
    Blame the Brits:

"In several countries the 12-hour clock is the dominant written and spoken system of time, predominantly in nations that were part of the former British Empire (the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Bangladesh etc.), though a few others (Mexico, Egypt, and the former American colony of the Philippines) follow this convention as well."

If you've never been in the Military in America you have little to no exposure to the 24 hr clock, so you're more than likely to see just about any post coming out of the US using the 12 hour clock.

Even as an American though, after serving, I have everything set to the 24 hour clock, it just makes more damn sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh please the DDoS attacks were over fairly quickly and the issues were fixed.

You really wanna claim it was as bad as other expansions or even WoD?

You should never expect a fully smooth expansion launch for a game with a fuckton of players. And in Blizzards defence the DDoS is not their fault. No company can fully defend against it.
    It still wasn't a smooth launch regardless. It was just as bad as WoD for me and many other players who were posting on the forums about it. I agree about never expecting a fully smooth launch, however Blizzard should know that too by this point and they shouldn't be making it worse by doing a worldwide launch when they haven't been able to nail a near perfect launch once in the history of their expansion launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It still wasn't a smooth launch regardless. It was just as bad as WoD for me and many other players who were posting on the forums about it. I agree about never expecting a fully smooth launch, however Blizzard should know that too by this point and they shouldn't be making it worse by doing a worldwide launch when they haven't been able to nail a near perfect launch once in the history of their expansion launches.
    No it wasn't as bad as fucking WoD. As someone who spent an extensive amount of time on both Legion launch wasn't smooth but it was astronomically better than WoD.

Just stop now. WoD had nearly a week of continuous issues on top of the lag. Scenario content bugging because it hadn't been fully tested on Beta like the Nagrand one. Half the time it would either despawn or absolutely fuck up and the NPCs would just stop so you were unable to finish the story in some situations.

Oh and having some of the servers crash was just the icing on the cake for WoD. We had literally one crash over here in EU and it was Draenor which is a huge Horde server.

Legion literally had a DDoS and one issue that you claim. I'd like to see the sources of a fair chunk or "several" people as you put it not being able to access their order halls.

Legion was arguably the smoothest launch we've had for an expansion in years due to the tech advancements such as sharding and CRZ.

WoD was so bad we got game time dude. Legion really wasn't as bad as you are making out to be or you are just in the minority on this one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 06:49 PM.

Servers will crash. So it doesn't really matter. I'll start 18h after launch.

You were in the minority then. We reside on a Full server and had ZERO launch issues outside of the minor DDoS 3 days in. WoD was so horribly bad they gave everyone GAME TIME, they haven't done that in years.

We're planning on logging in early (few hours) and hanging out.... the "individual" realm servers will probably hold, but idk about the login servers.

No it wasn't as bad as fucking WoD.

Just stop now. WoD had nearly a week of continuous issues on top of the lag. Scenario content bugging because it hadn't been fully tested on Beta like the Nagrand one. Half the time it would either despawn or absolutely fuck up and the NPCs would just stop.

Legion literally had a DDoS and one issue that you claim. I'd like to see the sources of a fair chunk or "several" people as you put it not being able to access their order halls.
    I didn't have any of those problems in WoD. At all. You telling me what my experiences are and telling me to "stop" doesn't make you look intelligent by the way. The smoothest launch by far for me was MoP. Only issue I had in MoP was the first quest of getting to Pandaria and a small snag in Dread Wastes.

As for you wanting proof, all the old forum posts are gone since they transitioned to their new forums. It was a wide spread issue, regardless of if you want to believe it or not, fact is that it happened.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Are we getting Eurotrashy about time format now, too? You tracksuits are delicate people.

I didn't have any of those problems in WoD. At all. You telling me what my experiences are and telling me to "stop" doesn't make you look intelligent by the way. The smoothest launch by far for me was MoP. Only issue I had in MoP was the first quest of getting to Pandaria and a small snag in Dread Wastes.

As for you wanting proof, all the old forum posts are gone since they transitioned to their new forums. It was a wide spread issue, regardless of if you want to believe it or not, fact is that it happened.
    So basically you have zero proof?

Despite you asking in another thread for someone to present theirs and giving them shit when they didn't?

Oh the hypocrisy....

Yeah think I'm done here. You've done a great job making yourself look silly here though with your "pretending to be intelligent" remark. Nobody here was doing that.

Don't make a factual claim if you don't have the proof to back it up.

Considering they actively put game time on accounts that shows it was a majority issue and severe enough to warrant it. Hell the fucking WoD issues even appeared on BBCs Watchdog it got that bad.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 06:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Because ante meridiem and post meridiem are what AM and PM actually stand for. It isn't post until noon. Since it is a 12 hour system ante is applied at midnight. If you dont' understand the meaning of the abbreviations then it likely doesn't make sense. It is also because the 12 is really signifying 0 or a "reset". 0 likely wasn't originally used because of Roman Numerals lacking a 0 symbol.

It isn't like Blizzard hasn't used 12 hour time formats before. Or a person can easily find the 24 hour format with a google search.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So basically you have zero proof?

Despite you asking in another thread for someone to present theirs?

Oh the hypocrisy....

Yeah think I'm done here. You've done a great job making yourself look silly here though.
    Look at you with more personal attacks, thumbs up to you for yet again harassing another forum member like you do in 80% of your posts. There's a huge difference in someone claiming a job listing is their only proof and an entire section of the forums being removed. If you can't recognize that, then you really are just a troll.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Look at you with more personal attacks, thumbs up to you for yet again harassing another forum member like you do in 80% of your posts. There's a huge difference in someone claiming a job listing is their only proof and an entire section of the forums being removed. If you can't recognize that, then you really are just a troll.
    Not harassing you. But play the victim card. It's adorable.

Just telling it how it is. Calling someone out for not presenting factual evidence and then refusing to present your own with a weak statement is what is referred to as hypocrisy.

Not my fault that's the way it is. If you think that is harassment then sorry to say this but you shouldn't be in an online forum.

But hey if you want to discuss the launches like a grown up feel free to drop me a PM.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 06:59 PM.