Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about Gallywix becoming Warchief, as hilarious as it would be, Blizzard would never consider putting a gag character as warchief. Baine and Lor'themar would be considered first.
    They put Vol’jin in charge. Anything is possible with Blizzard. But Baine and Saurfang are the real threat.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-06-08 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They put Vol’jin in charge. Anything is possible with Blizzard. But Baine and Saurfang are the real threat.
    Saurfang would just be super neutral much like Thrall was. Baine would be somehow even worse than Vol'jin because he's spineless and has shown he has potential to be a mole. I think Rexxar could be a great Warchief with some proper development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang would just be super neutral much like Thrall was. Baine would be somehow even worse than Vol'jin because he's spineless and has shown he has potential to be a mole. I think Rexxar could be a great Warchief with some proper development.
    I can just see Saurfang being the kind of guy who’d let hundreds of Horde soldiers die just to maintain his personal ‘honor’. He’s unfit to be Warchief.

Rexxar needs more development in general. We’ll see where Blizzard takes him. What little I’ve seen on beta is interesting. He’s ready to kill Jaina for the Horde.

What little I’ve seen on beta is interesting. He’s ready to kill Jaina for the Horde.
    That's enough qualification right there.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am one of the only people on this site that just enjoys the story for what it is. Let the writers write how they feel the story should go. I think I need to stop reading this forum. Everything is so damn negative all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    But it's not HUMAN POTENTIAL

Sylvanas is fine: there just needs to be an all elf club house and ofc she's invited. The rest of the crap races on Azeroth can suck blight.
    Wow I can tell that you really hate Shandris.

Joking aside, that whole human potential thing doesn't really mean much. Trite garbage writing that it is, saying humans have "pOtEnTiaL," "TeNaCitY," "DetErmInaTion," or whatever other feel-good buzzword isn't exactly kissing their feet. Especially when this is coming from the perspective of a Night Elf. You know, one of the longest living races on Azeroth. A society that is historically very xenophobic and arrogant.

Shandris not sacrificing her own dignity by recognizing that her ally might amount to something (because that's all "potential" means in the end), and she's not saying that Keeshan is better than her. If anything, Shandris recognize her companion's 'potential' as someone who is already more skilled and accomplished than him. Also apparently Keeshan was the one kissing Shandris' feet throughout the entire scene that dialogue is used for.

I see that scene as more of a sign that Shandris put down her xenophobic, conservative night elf views just a little bit, by acknowledging her non-kaldorei ally. Only problem is that the way they wrote this isn't very good, and they used a one-note Rambo joke character as the person to change Shandris' narrow mindset.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-06-08 at 04:50 PM.

I'm sure they won't be the only focal points of the expansion. They graphically updated the other leaders for a reason, we can expect them to also play a role.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's enough qualification right there.
    True. Unless her Human potential makes him have a change of heart. I suppose we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Not.
    We've got Whiney Boi Supreme leading the Alliance, and Queen Garrosh 2.0 leading the horde.

This is literally my only complaint about BFA. Eliminate these two idiots, and we'd have a decent story.
    I don't get the Anduin hate tbh. He's a morally sound character. So what?

It's not like he's beloved by everyone. Greymane still thinks he's immature and inexperienced in spite of his past actions.
    It's not like he's as powerful a fighter as he is a healer. He's not the warrior Varian was, so he's remaining a priest.
    It's not like he's an author insert. Last I checked, Blizz's writers weren't adolescent blonde boys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    His plans to sing 'Under Da Sea'? oh we have to unite to stop him? And ofc we won't have a choice in saying 'hell no'... well not an in-game one. We always have the choice, the WISE choice to unsub and not pay for bad stories.
    The stories aren't bad, if you honestly feel that way you don't remember much of their Old story telling, bad dialogue,bad quest text, quest not making sense to even be doing at times, lack of voice acting from TBC, WOTLK,and Cataclysm.

It has vastly improved, but that doesn't mean it isn't cliche and tropeish at times, but you should come to expect that from most media and entertainment these days. But you have to remember the story they can tell in game is limited because its not a single player experience, that's why they have the expanded media which tells the story pretty perfectly and represents it better in the novels, comics, and those new narrated stories they've been releasing since WoD

I'm hoping this is the first time we actually fail during this arc

Not.
    We've got Whiney Boi Supreme leading the Alliance, and Queen Garrosh 2.0 leading the horde.

This is literally my only complaint about BFA. Eliminate these two idiots, and we'd have a decent story.
    I'd rather see more character development with them instead of straight up elimination. Especially for the Horde. They have been playing Warchief roulette. They need some stability.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not.

To hellw ith you and wanting my favorite waifu sylvanas killed...
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    To hellw ith you and wanting my favorite waifu sylvanas killed...
    I didn't say killed, I said eliminated; I don't care if she's drugged for the whole expac, or surviving against the suddenly space nazi Draenei in the AU

Quote Originally Posted by Judic View Post
    I think I need to stop reading this forum. Everything is so damn negative all the time.

I tell myself that nearly every time I come here these days. I really don't know why I go past the main information page tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want him dead because, as a racial leader, he’s a potential Warchief candidate. I’m fine with him performing his role but I do not want him to become Warchief.
    He's never gonna be Warchief, no need to worry about that. There is literally 0% of him becoming Warchief. Ever.

Deleted
    The difference being this time is this story has the other leaders supporting sylvanas, so sylvanas is likely going no where. Anduin will receive a lot of development of this war, triggered by sylvanas' actions which will allow their characters and factions to develop more independantly. Instead of the shit we've had for so many years with everyone trying to band together like morons in a game about wars.

Kill Sylvanas allready and make Saurfang the leader. Saurfang and Anduin would be to peaceful, so kill Anduin too and make Greymane or Jaina the Leader.

The actual Leaders are so poorly writen...08/15 "Bad guy" against King Justin Bieber with the Power of Light, Love and Friendhsip...YAY
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Eliminate Sylvanas and you have no faction war. That's the reason Blizzard put her there.
    Emmm no? There would still ne faction war with Vol'Jin? Because he hates human and would also want to secure Azerite?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's not like he's an author insert. Last I checked, Blizz's writers weren't adolescent blonde boys.
    Neither was Metzen an orc, but we had a whole expansion dedicated to praising our lord and saviour Go'el the green Jesus. Golden is making a story of her perfect boy, an image of non-toxic masculinity who is naive and pure and is destined for greatness and gets away with everything and has a superpower to never make wrong decisions and detect lies. In other words, a normal relatable person with flaws and failures /sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's not like he's beloved by everyone. Greymane still thinks he's immature and inexperienced in spite of his past actions.
    It's not like he's as powerful a fighter as he is a healer. He's not the warrior Varian was, so he's remaining a priest.
    Yet Greymane still lets him lead the Alliance troops into battle with little to no experience.

And he also stabs an Azerite war machine to death single handedly, while the Horde Champions are defending it, with one of the worst animations in the game, then just walks off.

Not to mention when he fights the Horde Champions he's able to constantly radiate a blinding Aura, while fighting in melee combat.