Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    lolwat?

he was great in community, are you high?

Yeah "great"

the kid over acts. Hes not subtle at all.

i realise the bit is supposed to be over the top. if you want an example of over the top good acting check out Robert downey Jr in tropic thunder. Or tom cruise in that film also

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    there are bigger issues than "white washing" in the Death Note movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    You know it's a book right?
    I do indeed. Was two books. But I noted movies, not books.
    The Depp movie was ...less than good. We’ve waited the minimum requirement, time wise (unless it’s a Spider-Man movie), so we must make a new one. Because people will keep buying tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Ehh, goofiness isn't exactly what we are looking for, by that standard the guys from Whitest Kid's you Know are the best actors of this generation.
    Derek Comedy and the resulting movie has plenty of proof that Donald Glover can portray weird and quirky, which is what Willie Wonka is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Glover gets the gig. And I hope they put him in white face as well.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    got it, racism is okay, so long as you're racist against white people.

can't wait for the revised histories of the muslim czars of russia, the totally authentic historical documentaries on how africa was a literal paradise before white people ruined literally everything forever, at least we get to keep being horror movie villains, because of course, white people are the sole cause of every evil thing ever.
    Fucking hell mate, calm your tits.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    fantastic a prequel to willy wonka. The thing no one asked for. If it flops I'm sure hollywood going to blame the whites for "not being ready" for such a film. Disregarding the fact they we got enough remakes and re-imaginings.
    Hollywood politics. Just a way for them to be like "See, we are progressive and we tried to put a black guy in a movie but everyone else is racist.....never mind the fact no one wanted to see this movie

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m not bothered when a characters race is changed in shows and TV if the character hasn’t already been played by a different race. Willy Wonka is a classic character and movie, and has been portrayed by two white men, so for me, I’d like to continue with that. It kinda ruins the character a bit when you do such a drastic change to their appearance and/or gender. I don’t really like it.
    So it does bother you? I mean if there is never a first race change then it will always be the same...

As for me I dont give two craps. The character being played by a black, white, brown, or yellow guy really doesn't change the fact I won't pay to see this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The cynical part of me thinks they chose a person of different ethnicity just to drive interest in a movie no one asked for or wanted.
    It's Donald Glover, he's probably the hottest thing going on the planet right now, race is hardly even a factor to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    got it, racism is okay, so long as you're racist against white people.

can't wait for the revised histories of the muslim czars of russia, the totally authentic historical documentaries on how africa was a literal paradise before white people ruined literally everything forever, at least we get to keep being horror movie villains, because of course, white people are the sole cause of every evil thing ever.
    Maybe you should play the martyr a bit harder there lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Donald Glover showed hes a crap comedic actor in community. Hes even out staged by chevy chase who is also a terrible actor ffs
    Are you on a mission to make everyone hate you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's Donald Glover, he's probably the hottest thing going on the planet right now, race is hardly even a factor to be honest.
    Considering people are bring up race in news article, the possibility of a black guy playing a character played by only white people before, yeah race is a factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should play the martyr a bit harder there lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you on a mission to make everyone hate you?
    Um no......

did you not hear the Solo film is the first star wars flop?

and he wrote a song about gun violence in america to get more clicks. Hes not "hot" atm

15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see Neil Patrick Harris do it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Nah, Pryor doesn't fit this. He doesn't have enough weird factor in him. Goofy for sure, but not really weird. Wonka needs a weird vibe to make him right. I can't buy Pryor as a shut in chocolatier with umpa lumpas. He's too much the dude I'd run into at the bar vibe. Kind of like Wilder in his more normal roles or plain characters, it just doesn't sell as well.
    Do you even realize the irony you just typed?

"You know, he's just like Gene Wilder in his more normal roles. So despite being just like Gene Wilder, he's just not right for the role."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would rather see Neil Patrick Harris do it.
    He'd be amazing at it. I absolutely adore him in Lemony Snicket's.

To be honest, the director I'd most want to see handle Willy Wonka is Wes Anderson. Too bad he's not interested in doing those kinds of films.

- - - Updated - - -

Donald Glover showed hes a crap comedic actor in community. Hes even out staged by chevy chase who is also a terrible actor ffs
    It must suck to have such a heinously wrong and unpopular opinion about something, huh? You seem to have them a lot, from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Do you even realize the irony you just typed?

"You know, he's just like Gene Wilder in his more normal roles. So despite being just like Gene Wilder, he's just not right for the role."

- - - Updated - - -
    thats not what hes saying...

Hes saying Gene is weird so it doesnt translate as well to normal roles.

Just like hes saying "Pryor" isnt weird enough for the role

- - - Updated - - -

It must suck to have such a heinously wrong and unpopular opinion about something, huh? You seem to have them a lot, from what I've seen.
    Not really. We're slowly killing the planet and every animal on it. Im quite ok with having unpopular opinions because the status quo sucks dick. Got any examples or you just talking shit?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I dont see him having any relation to the character. Prince maybe, if its the Depp version of the character but thats not ever gonna happen.

More origin stories and spin offs. Fuck me Hollywood.

and he wrote a song about gun violence in america to get more clicks. Hes not "hot" atm
    So, bad taste AND completely out of touch with reality?

Got any examples or you just talking shit?
    I just posted one. And now you're on ignore because I see you're nothing but a troll. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I was pretty sure to begin with, but your made it abundantly clear you only exist to troll. Buh bye.

So, bad taste AND completely out of touch with reality?
    Im not the one that thinks donald glover is a good actor or musician so dont give me the bad taste bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

I just posted one. And now you're on ignore because I see you're nothing but a troll. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I was pretty sure to begin with, but your made it abundantly clear you only exist to troll. Buh bye.
    No worries thanks for proving you had nothing to say in the first place and no proof. Im not shocked at all

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    was sam jackson belittled when he was cast as nick fury? or did he knock it out of the park
    Who else could they have cast? The comic writers based Nick Fury on Samuel Jackson back in 2002.

Even Nick Fury knows who's playing him in the movie: "Mr. Samuel L. Jackson, of course, no discussion."

(I'll admit I was initially distracted at a black Heimdal as he is specifically mentioned in the poems as the "whitest of the gods". I like Idris Elba, though, so I didn't lose a lot of sleep over it.)
    Last edited by Z-Man; 2018-06-09 at 04:27 AM.

Im not the one that thinks donald glover is a good actor or musician so dont give me the bad taste bullshit
    You mean you're not... pretty much everyone?

It's not my type of music personally. But if you think Donald Glover isn't huge right now then you are completely out of touch with reality.