Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its an excuse the FB's made up to argue the fact the expansion bombed..

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    This made me giggle.
    I played m.u.d. games even before world of warcraft.
    they said m.u.d. games was going out of style, but even before last year I still was playing it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD
    You playing something doesn’t mean it’s in style. Some people still wear cargo pants and those weird track pants that zip off into shorts, but they are definitely out of style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Having played a bit of the beta, I can tell you this expansion is much, MUCH richer than any before it so far. Hell, just walking into the first village of Stormsong Valley has left a huge mark on me. The landscape and npc detail is crazy, and everywhere you turn is something to do. Of course I can't speak to endgame but I'm definitely more hyped for the new zones in this than even Legions (and I was HYPED for Highmountain). It's gonna be great, and I love the classic theme too.
    Yeah, my impressions from the beta, having played through all of Tiragarde, half of Drustvar, and a good chunk of Zuldazar is that there’s much more detail to the storyline of each zone as well as the overarching BFA narrative than there was in WoD and Legion. There’s a lot going on and a good number of enemy factions to deal with, plus the overall Alliance vs. Horde and the Old God influence.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Isn't this also coming from the same person who said it is impossible for allied races to release in january?

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you care enough to still post on a WoW forum, stable genius btw.
    His signature gives you an idea of the sheer intellect he's in possession of. Safe to say it's not very impressive.

Isn't this also coming from the same person who said it is impossible for allied races to release in january?

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you care enough to still post on a WoW forum, stable genius btw.
    Oh.. I still love WoW... but WoD, Legion, and BfA isn't WoW. With Classic announced, I have hope of returning to an amazing game.

Genius? Awww shucks man... thanks!

Jesus Christ, people were saying this shit about MoP and look how foolish those people turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Normal / Heroic for dungeons.

Normal / "Hard Mode" for raids (unless we count group size as another kind of difficulty).

Where am I wrong?
    Yes, group size was another difficulty for some guilds. I can't speak for your server, but I know on mine there were guilds that would break into two more manageable raid teams with subs and do 10 for gear prior to doing 25. One was essentially used as an easier gearing up step before doing the other.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Better, it's from person that thinks we have content drought since last August. ;D I must say, he is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I been around, ever since Vanilla, and I been watching Blizzard do all kinds of
    promotional stuff for each expansion and I been wondering why they have not done
    very much for the BfA, anyone else feel like this is just a middle expansion awaiting something
    grand like Argus and the storyline of Illidan etc?

I feel this expansion is targeted for the PVP player, even the premise of this expansion
    being finally horde vs alliance again after all the soft cuddly stuff. But as far as storyline goes
    I doubt this expansion will push it forward anything, UNLESS, there is a major shift and perhaps
    it is the shadowed enemy that strikes just when both factions are busy fighting eachother.

But then leads me back to my first question why Blizzard has not pushed this with ad campaings etc
    cause I seen nothing that would make me even raise an eyebrow.

Just me that think thats odd?
    It's no different than any other expansion, including the pre-release whining about it being the death of the game.

In that case it's safe to ignore all of his posts.
    I tried to explain to him for hours yesterday that it's not the amount of new features of the expansion that dictates the quality of the expansion, but the features that are relevant and add to the gameplay as a whole, regardless of which expansion added them. Safe to say I wasted my time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion wasn't WoD 2.0.
    It was, it was basically a revised version of the WoD design, it kept the 20m mythic format, the garrisons (nor order halls), etc. There is a distinct design difference between WoD/Legion and Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP.

Heroic dungeons were added in TBC.
    They were but we were talking about raids, and hard/heroic mode raiding was added partway through WotLK (hard mode in Ulduar, heroic in Trial).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Better, it's from person that thinks we have content drought since last August. ;D I must say, he is entertaining.
    Ah yes... those amazing content patches! Broken Isles... a weekly quest to kill 10 demons... then another weekly quest to loot 12 chests... such amazing content.

I don;t know what came after that... dropped out of game and never looked back. Something about a big guy stabbing the planet? Oh and killing another 12 demons and looting 10 more chests. Inspired.

Yes and from the person who said that a Summer release date is not going to happen. I admit that I was wrong on both but when I see the state of beta and BfA in general I'm pretty convinced that the August release date is rushed and should get postponed for at least two months (until Blizzard fixed all the problems and has figured out what to do with things like Warfronts or Azerite).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    They were but we were talking about raids, and hard/heroic mode raiding was added partway through WotLK (hard mode in Ulduar, heroic in Trial).
    There were hard modes in TBC as well. Not so much but they were existing (remember ZA timed runs? That was some kind of hard mode).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I agree brother... which is why I have no interest at all in buying/playing it. For the first time since starting to play WoW... I can honestly say they have brought me to the point that I truly don't care anymore. I miss the addition I used to have and share will millions... but this game? Isn't anything worth my time.
    I love WoW and I already pre ordered the BfA CE. Because I'm a collector and I love this game although BfA just looks bad. Really bad. I know I will play it (as I did with every expansion, even with WoD), but it won't be a lasting experience. There's basically nothing interesting in BfA besides the setting. Warfronts are already a dead feature and Island Expeditions are one of the most boring things to come up with, at least that's how it is at the moment. I still hope for more but I'm not sure what Blizzard can do to secure the longevity of this expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yes and from the person who said that a Summer release date is not going to happen. I admit that I was wrong on both but when I see the state of beta and BfA in general I'm pretty convinced that the August release date is rushed and should get postponed for at least two months.

- - - Updated - - -

There were hard modes in TBC as well. Not so much but they were existing (remember ZA timed runs? That was some kind of hard mode).
    The only thing in beta messed up is minor bugs. They opened up warfronts for full testing and there really isn’t anything other than number tuning and raid testing. 2 months to work out mainly bugs and beta is in a bad state? Omegalul

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    The only thing in beta messed up is minor bugs. They opened up warfronts for full testing and there really isn’t anything other than number tuning and raid testing. 2 months to work out mainly bugs and beta is in a bad state? Omegalul
    The class design is enough to be concerned about the recent state of beta. Not like that's something new, people like me were talking about this the moment they released the first iteration of class "changes" several months ago.

It seems like they realized how incredibly bad most specs feel and play and started to do something to improve this but at this point it's just too late for huge gameplay changes. Number tuning is nothing that makes class gameplay funnier, more enticing or better overall.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I love WoW and I already pre ordered the BfA CE. Because I'm a collector and I love this game although BfA just looks bad. Really bad. I know I will play it (as I did with every expansion, even with WoD), but it won't be a lasting experience. There's basically nothing interesting in BfA besides the setting. Warfronts are already a dead feature and Island Expeditions are one of the most boring things to come up with, at least that's how it is at the moment. I still hope for more but I'm not sure what Blizzard can do to secure the longevity of this expansion.
    And as long as people continue to buy it, even when they think it's bad, Blizzard will continue to develop the same quality of game. Bad.

Seems pretty complete to me. We got a whole new continent that's brand new and some recycled content and bunch of new races. I am not sure what's not complete to it or where people even get this idea from.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope so; the old gods deserve their own expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ah yes... those amazing content patches! Broken Isles... a weekly quest to kill 10 demons... then another weekly quest to loot 12 chests... such amazing content.

I don;t know what came after that... dropped out of game and never looked back. Something about a big guy stabbing the planet? Oh and killing another 12 demons and looting 10 more chests. Inspired.
    You forgot the very best one , Khadgar needed 1000 nethershards, as soon as you turned it in he really only needed 1 and made a bad joke. Such gripping content
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

BfA is WoD 2.0.
    This. No real story and its used as a gateway to the "legion" type expansion most likely dealing with the void

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    This. No real story and its used as a gateway to the "legion" type expansion most likely dealing with the void
    Will have basically same cycle as Legion, systems, legions, revised Artifact, Expeditions, warmode, warfronts.

How exactly will BFA be WoD 2.0. Hope you mean class design or something and not content.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet