Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Don't give up. It's insanely satisfying beating that guy, and after awhile, you'll get familiar with his move set. He's a pita, I agree but he is quite predictable and you can brute force him a little with firecrackers and Ichimonji. Also get all the Gourd upgrades you can get before him (think there's 6 - so you should have 7 uses). In phase 1 you can punish his jump slam, he'll always follows up with a thrust (at least from what I've seen), then Mikiri him. In p2, he changes to sweep attack. So mikiri won't work there anymore. Phase 3 is just going balls to the walls on his ass.
    Also p3 is by far the easiest phase cause he lightnings, you jump, get hit, r1 before you land and voila free kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What? Shura have new bosses? Oh boy! My last ending.. Just thought it would end sooner, not having different content. Have my plans for tonight then!
    There's also the 3 purification bosses if you haven't done those, they are very hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Also p3 is by far the easiest phase cause he lightnings, you jump, get hit, r1 before you land and voila free kill.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the 3 purification bosses if you haven't done those, they are very hard to miss.
    Hmm.. Not sure which ones you mean, done the purification ending though. So I probably have killed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Hmm.. Not sure which ones you mean, done the purification ending though. So I probably have killed them.
    Second Hirata memory.

Finally finished the game. All the bosses probably took me under 20 attempts. Some took me maybe 2 or 3. Last boss...I died for probably 6 hours (Not straight...)

I looked up tons of different ways to defeat him and couldn't even manage to cheese him. I could get through phase 1 and 2 no problem, but when the spear came out, I was done for almost immediately. I finally just got gud and parried everything and realized how easy he actually was. After getting to Phase 4 about 3 times consistently I downed him. I only got hit once throughout the entire encounter haha.

Now that I've beat the game I'm actually looking at the wiki and such. Lots of stuff I've missed and want to get the other endings. Definitely will start NG+ soon!

10+ Year Old Account

Words of wisdom from the voice of liquid snake if you cheat and try to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Words of wisdom from the voice of liquid snake if you cheat and try to justify it.
    There is nothing to justify, Different people like different things and enjoy playing different ways.

Also....

But hey what does he (and many other developers who have commented about it) know.......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is nothing to justify, Different people like different things and enjoy playing different ways.

Also....

But hey what does he (and many other developers who have commented about it) know.......
    It's a meme.

Also, as much as I respect Cory and his game's. His games core mechanics and message aren't centered around difficulty. From Software's games are. Now, there's a fair argument that what may be difficult to you, may not be difficult to me and what may be difficult to me, may not be difficult to someone else. That's a fair statement, but what will inevitably happen is that if you add difficulty modes to the game, there will inevitably be people who could've handled it on the intended difficulty who play it on easy and get a lesser experience as a result. The only person who's authority it is to make a decision on whether allowing more people to play it even if some of them may have a lesser experience or not, is solely up to the developer and their vision. No one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's a meme.

Also, as much as I respect Cory and his game's. His games core mechanics and message aren't centered around difficulty. From Software's games are. Now, there's a fair argument that what may be difficult to you, may not be difficult to me and what may be difficult to me, may not be difficult to someone else. That's a fair statement, but what will inevitably happen is that if you add difficulty modes to the game, there will inevitably be people who could've handled it on the intended difficulty who play it on easy and get a lesser experience as a result. The only person who's authority it is to make a decision on whether allowing more people to play it even if some of them may have a lesser experience or not, is solely up to the developer and their vision. No one else.
    Top Bolded: And if you add difficulty settings or just assist setups like Celeste more people get to enjoy the game who wouldn't at all.

Bottom bolded: While true you can keep your vision while making things accessible, Unless your vision is to make a game the lease accessible as possible.

Games like Sekiro doesn't need a flat Easy,Medium,Hard setting, But it would be cool to see how From Software goes about making things more Accessible in their own creative way. In the end like you said tho they can develop the game how they see fit. People can also post criticisms about it.

I personally think the "Get gud" and dick waving around games like Sekrio is childish as fuck and is a very good way to make the gaming community seem like immature brats.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-04-11 at 04:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Also....

It's a meme and accessibility doesn't = difficulty.

Pretty sure God of War even on easy mode isn't any more accessible for disabled gamers then Sekiro is and it's quite disgusting people are using that term to coincide with talking about an easy mode in games.

Like I said before I care not if a developer wants difficulty options in their game, but it's their choice.

Top Bolded: And if you add difficulty settings or just assist setups like Celeste more people get to enjoy the game who wouldn't at all.

Bottom bolded: While true you can keep your vision while making things accessible, Unless your vision is to make a game the lease accessible as possible.

Games like Sekiro doesn't need a flat Easy,Medium,Hard setting, But it would be cool to see how From Software goes about making things more Accessible in their own creative way. In the end like you said tho they can develop the game how they see fit. People can also post criticisms about it.

I personally think the "Get gud" and dick waving around games like Sekrio is childish as fuck and is a very good way to make the gaming community seem like immature brats.
    How many games on the market are catered towards a challenge?

Most games are basically auto complete story mode esque walk through's.

Theres literally thousands of games like Pokemon Lets go that cater to anyone with a pulse being able to complete the game.

Not a big deal if one or two games on the market actually encourages people using their brains and failing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are not into self improvement, they want their needs catered to exactly as they want, and if they face obstacles they throw a tantrum and blame everyone but themselves. When a game like Sekiro comes along that basically demands from a player to learn and improve, we get results like these.

And that's OK. It's a free market though, and the fact that they're literally crying about stuff like this basically tells you enough about what sad people they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Some people are not into self improvement, they want their needs catered to exactly as they want, and if they face obstacles they throw a tantrum and blame everyone but themselves. When a game like Sekiro comes along that basically demands from a player to learn and improve, we get results like these.

And that's OK. It's a free market though, and the fact that they're literally crying about stuff like this basically tells you enough about what sad people they are.
    I don't think thats it with this case specifically. Dark Souls really cultivated part of an audience devs call "watercooler gamers" that dont really want a game in the literal sense of the term but a wikia with production value. You can see it starting to show up when people stopped talking about games stories and exclusively about "the lore". Theres journalists from the usual suspect sites that have put up reviews for games in recent years saying stuff like "Hollow Knight paints a picture of an amazing world, but its a shame the abelist gameplay is gatekeeping all that lore". Its like people watching LOST even though they hated it just to keep up with the natter at the office watercooler. Its a strange sub-sub-sub audience that just wants to find item descriptions to then watch a Vaati video where he regurgitates a reddit or 4chan post with some piano and a foppish breathy "but... perhaps" like that dude off ancient aliens. Look at the complaints and a lot of them are coming from a firm standpoint of "this gameplay is a tedious barrier to lore" and its suck bloody strange when just one gen ago people lost their shit at Destiny for having its lore outside the game on grimoire cards. I imagine this 'watercooler gamer' would find that preferable in conjunction with a lets play so they can skip all that tedious playing of the game that gets in the way.
    The next fotm release will make them totally forget though. That 'buy day one, play for 20 minutes and return it' hype consumer has a fleeting and effervescent interest and are only upset because baby can't have all the bottles. Moment some new shiny shows up they will forget being buttmad to begin with.

Beat the boss of hatred last night. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier than final boss.

Got that red eye miniboss in the castle down. I'm now at nothing to do before NG+ but the two optional bosses and boy the demon one kicked my ass. After one shotting everything but genchiro this guy got me like 6 times before i took a break. Sometimes its me dashing into that rain of fire, or not using the umbrella because ive got the malcontent whistle instead but a couple of times i had some horseshit like jumping in the air out of the dash and landing in the lane of fire or getting knocked into one of the bonfires in the ground. Got to phase 3 and boy it feels like Blood Crazed Beast and the first vicar from the old hunters got mixed together. I imagine i'm getting challenged more by this because its not like all the other bosses which honestly is a nice change of pace i guess. Looking back i think we could have used a bit more of this and i wonder if that old lady you meet near Tengu is a teaser for some red eye/demon related dlc in the works.

- - - Updated - - -

-oh and something i noticed but a bunch of my friends missed: If you took the fountainhead water from the palace and gave it to the guy in mibu village, come back after ashina castle enters its 3rd state and he's changed into a palace noble who drops 5 treasure carp scales.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Got that red eye miniboss in the castle down. I'm now at nothing to do before NG+ but the two optional bosses and boy the demon one kicked my ass. After one shotting everything but genchiro this guy got me like 6 times before i took a break. Sometimes its me dashing into that rain of fire, or not using the umbrella because ive got the malcontent whistle instead but a couple of times i had some horseshit like jumping in the air out of the dash and landing in the lane of fire or getting knocked into one of the bonfires in the ground. Got to phase 3 and boy it feels like Blood Crazed Beast and the first vicar from the old hunters got mixed together. I imagine i'm getting challenged more by this because its not like all the other bosses which honestly is a nice change of pace i guess. Looking back i think we could have used a bit more of this and i wonder if that old lady you meet near Tengu is a teaser for some red eye/demon related dlc in the works.

- - - Updated - - -

-oh and something i noticed but a bunch of my friends missed: If you took the fountainhead water from the palace and gave it to the guy in mibu village, come back after ashina castle enters its 3rd state and he's changed into a palace noble who drops 5 treasure carp scales.
    the old lady simply tease the optional boss you fight in the area.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah this looks real fun to play. I wonder why journalists have to try to justify beating the game like this? I thought it was originally like infinite health or one shotting enemies but this is just plain stupid. Being able to slow the game down to the point where you can just wail on enemies until they're dead.

Yeah this looks real fun to play. I wonder why journalists have to try to justify beating the game like this? I thought it was originally like infinite health or one shotting enemies but this is just plain stupid. Being able to slow the game down to the point where you can just wail on enemies until they're dead.
    Probably still too much for Dean Takahashi of the cuphead review fame

There are games journalists that dont really like videogames or played them before the job. It used to be considered an easy in to 'real tech journalism' where you were flown around the world to be given free shit to review and that was the social studies drop outs dream career. Then they flooded the market and are trapped in an industry that youtube and streaming made kind of redundant so they resort to rage clicks like gossip rags that print gross stuff on their cover because they know the soccar mom buying groceries is a easy sale on that dramatic shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fully against an easy mode, but let's not misrepresent the other side here. If From Software actually made an easy mode it wouldn't be like that, obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i beat it on monday and aside from demon of hatred it's my fav nu from game. I dont want to play ds-bb ever again with their boring combat when i have this masterpiece.