Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks badass as hell, cant wait.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I'm totally down with Doom going the 80's sci-fi/fantasy route. Bring it the fuck on, my inner child is screaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm totally down with Doom going the 80's sci-fi/fantasy route. Bring it the fuck on, my inner child is screaming.
    Speaking of which, i really hope ID will get hold of heretic/hexen rights and make remakes of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Speaking of which, i really hope ID will get hold of heretic/hexen rights and make remakes of those.
    At this point I'd give Id pretty much any FPS series in existence with the utmost confidence, especially if Hugo Martin is the director.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Wow, so "ancient gods" is that like the Cthulhu mythos vs Doom mythos? Cthulhu wins, but wow, what a concept, haha!

Edit: Briefly looked at the trailer, is that like, a dragon in there, lol? Looks great, actually.

The trick is that they didn't just try to toe the line half heartedly.
    They went all in with it and aren't ashamed of it,that's why it works so well

So, I'm probably going to come off SUPER ignorant but is this game really all it's cracked up to be? I keep seeing it, it looks great. But I remember people saying the Doom remake was amazing, I bought it and I felt like I was moving around multiplayer maps playing some fanmade campaign mod. It turned me off for Doom Eternal. Should I give it a try again and give it more time or just get Doom Eternal and try that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So, I'm probably going to come off SUPER ignorant but is this game really all it's cracked up to be? I keep seeing it, it looks great. But I remember people saying the Doom remake was amazing, I bought it and I felt like I was moving around multiplayer maps playing some fanmade campaign mod. It turned me off for Doom Eternal. Should I give it a try again and give it more time or just get Doom Eternal and try that?
    Doom is Doom, it’s a fast paced shooter with enemies that move as fast or faster than the player.
    All enemies are all meant to be deadly even the ones that die from a few shots.

What makes the game fun for me is it still that classic formula. Fast gameplay and deadly enemies.

The game makes your heart race and punishes you for being careless or distracted.

Doom Eternal is a lot of, "More of what you've done in the last game, just with a lot more going on at once.". I'd play Doom 2016 more, and if it still doesn't gel with you I doubt Eternal would be more up your alley. It's a lot of arena-style combat killing lots of dudes followed by some platforming then more monsters etc.

Does anyone know how lone till this is released? cause right now its nowhere to be found for pre-download on steam i have hoped it would appear 1 day before release to download it so its easier to pop in action the moment is out

Per the YouTube video says release March 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Comes out... Tomorrow?

Huh.

I don't think I've seen that one before. A trailer for a game or DLC and release date is the very next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't think I've seen that one before. A trailer for a game or DLC and release date is the very next day.
    It's a "surprise" release they've been teasing for a while. Uncommon, but that's more because you need to already be a HUGE game that has massive attention to pull it off. A game where folks will go nuts over a 10 second video tease.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been years, but maybe it is time to rewatch Krull again. My poor wife will just have to sit through it while I geek out.

God damn it! it is released! And I do not have anymore money to spare! till next pay check dayum

Doom Eternal is Doom 2016 cranked up to 11. If you thought Doom 2016 was not frantic enough then Doom Eternal might feel better. But if you simply didn't like the remake then I doubt Eternal will appeal to you more.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Eternal is essentially "What if Doom 2016 just wasn't difficult,complex and fast enough?".
    It's a vastly improved Doom 2016,but it's still a fast paced arena shooter. If you don't enjoy those,you won't enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The trick is that they didn't just try to toe the line half heartedly.
    They went all in with it and aren't ashamed of it,that's why it works so well
    The director is an unapologetic nerd and big fan of 80's shows like He-Man or over-the-top action like the MCU. Him making Doom: Endgame Edition while imagining Doomguy as a Conon-esque space barbarian with a space dragon and space sword (now space warhammer) was as inevitable as it is welcome.

I'm now wondering where the franchise goes next. The DLC really does seem to point towards the Slayer's adventures ending with Davoth getting pasted, unless there's a twist ending. Surely they won't reboot it anytime soon I believe, so we may not get more modern Doom for a while. Maybe Id will move on to another franchise, either unfucking Rage or something else. Either way, can't wait for the DLC and their next offering.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Now that this story is wrapped up, on to QUAKE Reboots. Quake 2 and 4 in 1 game, then a follow-up story like this one. Sprinkle it with some -descent into cerberon- metal mp4 and we are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The director is an unapologetic nerd and big fan of 80's shows like He-Man or over-the-top action like the MCU. Him making Doom: Endgame Edition while imagining Doomguy as a Conon-esque space barbarian with a space dragon and space sword (now space warhammer) was as inevitable as it is welcome.

I'm now wondering where the franchise goes next. The DLC really does seem to point towards the Slayer's adventures ending with Davoth getting pasted, unless there's a twist ending. Surely they won't reboot it anytime soon I believe, so we may not get more modern Doom for a while. Maybe Id will move on to another franchise, either unfucking Rage or something else. Either way, can't wait for the DLC and their next offering.
    They have said that they would love to explore the idea of a female doomslayer and honestly it wouldnt bother me https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...female-slayer/
    And they could pull it through by having the dna sample Dr. Elena Ritsarson has from the doomslayer into creating another one in case something happens(cloning etc).....and it does. So they can pop a new slayer called DoomGal :P