Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont know what the fuck you want them to do? Mail you a hard drive? Data caps suck but the world is moving more and more twords digital for everything. Crying about it wont change it.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know how halo 4 was more impressive than halo 5 unless you didnt play the most recent, 4 was as big of a miss step as reach. 5 was as close as we have goten to 2 since 2.
    How about they learn to compress their games like nintendo? What a cray cray solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    How about they learn to compress their games like nintendo? What a cray cray solution.
    I dont think you know how compression works. Or are you one of those people who think that you can enhance any photo. Nintendo games are small becuase they are that, just small files. They dont have 4k textures, they dont hav highres graphics becuase that system cant handle that sort of thing. THey arnt using some crazy super awsome compression program.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you know how compression works. Or are you one of those people who think that you can enhance any photo. Nintendo games are small becuase they are that, just small files. They dont have 4k textures, they dont hav highres graphics becuase that system cant handle that sort of thing. THey arnt using some crazy super awsome compression program.
    Explain to me how nintendo can make tropical freeze a smaller filesize on switch with more content on it than it was on wii u.

Explain to me how nintendo can make tropical freeze a smaller filesize on switch with more content on it than it was on wii u.
    So you do think there is some top secret compression machine that nintedo is using and the rest of the industry doesnt know about. GOtcha.

So you do think there is some top secret compression machine that nintedo is using and the rest of the industry doesnt know about. GOtcha.
    Well technically, yes.

But not really, it's just effort.

Nintendo has put an effort into compressing their games with the Switch. Most studios won't and will load up a game with hours of uncompressed audio and video footage. You can't just say it's because their games are small to begin with when they got the files sizes of DKCTF and Captain Toad down far lower then they where on Wii U while adding more content to the games.

Why is Microsoft still trying? More importantly, how are they still involved in the gaming industry? Who is stupid enough to support them?

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Why is Microsoft still trying? More importantly, how are they still involved in the gaming industry? Who is stupid enough to support them?
    Why are you posting nonsense?

Why are you posting nonsense?
    Coming from someone with a Master Chief avatar? I'm sure you're completely unbiased in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well technically, yes.

Nintendo has put an effort into compressing their games with the Switch. Most studios won't and will load up a game with hours of uncompressed audio and video footage. You can't just say it's because their games are small to begin with when they got the files sizes of DKCTF and Captain Toad down far lower then they where on Wii U while adding more content to the games.
    THey have to becuase they still use small memory carts. Whereas everyone else uses bluray or just digital downloads. But there still isnt some magical program thats going to compress gears to 15gb dl vs its current. Data caps and shit internet suck ass. I live in a rural area and i use adsl2. But even i know thats the breaks of internet. Its not going to get more unplugged friendly, only worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming from someone with a Master Chief avatar? I'm sure you're completely unbiased in the matter.
    can you post some more nonsensical ranting for us please. Its highly amusing.

Calm down fanboy, you're not going to solve anything by foaming at the mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    THey have to becuase they still use small memory carts. Whereas everyone else uses bluray or just digital downloads. But there still isnt some magical program thats going to compress gears to 15gb dl vs its current. Data caps and shit internet suck ass. I live in a rural area and i use adsl2. But even i know thats the breaks of internet. Its not going to get more unplugged friendly, only worse.

- - - Updated - - -

No they dont have to. Wii u discs were 25 gigs and switch carts are 32 and soon to be 64 gigs. Do you have ny other excuse why nintendo can but microsoft cant?

Well technically, yes.

Remeber when half of Titanfall's install was uncompressed audio, Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No they dont have to. Wii u discs were 25 gigs and switch carts are 32 and soon to be 64 gigs. Do you have ny other excuse why nintendo can but microsoft cant?
    Ah this is another microsoft rant and we are pretending sony doesnt do the same thing now. I see. Well then i guess they are just out to get those of you with tiny data caps and dial up internet. You busted them and thier devious plans. They also had a reason to not compress the audio. And most of this can be gleamed from literally the top 3 results in google when typing it in there as to a better explanation as to why in general sony and MS do not compress thier games to the size of nintendos, chief of it being there is no need for it to be that small.

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down fanboy, you're not going to solve anything by foaming at the mouth.
    Your the one that came in here grring at MS and then attempting to call me out on an avatar iv had since you were in middle school.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2018-06-16 at 05:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah this is another microsoft rant and we are pretending sony doesnt do the same thing now. I see. Well then i guess they are just out to get those of you with tiny data caps and dial up internet. You busted them and thier devious plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Your the one that came in here grring at MS and then attempting to call me out on an avatar iv had since you were in middle school.
    But sony isnt an argument. Ya got nothing.

Ah this is another microsoft rant and we are pretending sony doesnt do the same thing now. I see. Well then i guess they are just out to get those of you with tiny data caps and dial up internet. You busted them and thier devious plans.
    What does Sony have to do with this?

All of their exclusives are sub 50 GB for the most part, not counting DLC. Literally all of their games fit on a single blu ray and don't require a big patch to work. Pretty far from the 100+GB nonsense in forza and gears with required patches.

File size is absolutely a ridiculous issue for MS atm.

But sony isnt an argument. Ya got nothing.
    Yet they have the same file sizes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yet they have the same file sizes.
    Cool. So, why cant mircosoft do it but nintendo can though?

What does Sony have to do with this?

All of their exclusives are sub 50 GB for the most part, not counting DLC. Literally all of their games fit on a single blu ray and don't require a big patch to work. Pretty far from the 100+GB nonsense in forza and gears with required patches.

File size is absolutely a ridiculous issue for MS atm.
    Picking games like forza and gears and halo which have received almost 3x if not more as much content since release than what was on the disk at launch is pretty much an empty argument for that fact alone. for an example look at what was added to MCC since its launch vs what was on its disk. All these games have had massive fucking additions to the games in terms of free dlc and content, from entire maps, game modes, or even games, hd textures, audio, cut scenes ect.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. So, why cant mircosoft do it but nintendo can though?
    becuase nintendo has to due to hardware size and MS and sony do not. Yes its true they dont cater to small data cap people and dial up internet users. But thats life.

Picking games like forza and gears and halo which have received almost 3x if not more as much content since release than what was on the disk at launch is pretty much an empty argument for that fact alone. for an example look at what was added to MCC since its launch vs what was on its disk. All these games have had massive fucking additions to the games in terms of free dlc and content, from entire maps, game modes, or even games, hd textures, audio, cut scenes ect.
    Kay then, I'll pick GTAV which has received just as many content patches if not more and is still well below 100 GB.

Horizon Zero Dawn is still sub 50 GB even with an expansion pack tossed on. Witcher 3 is sub 60 GB with both expansions. Want more?

Having 100+ GB games currently is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary.

Have a g'day mate

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

becuase nintendo has to due to hardware size and MS and sony do not. Yes its true they dont cater to small data cap people and dial up internet users. But thats life.
    Hardware size? I dont know what that means.