Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, next tuesday i suppose heroic will become basically free farming. I may even get back to 4 directives on. Which is not entirely a bad thing.

TU10 should be where the real deal comes. They better make a good job on that otherwise i don't see many players going for the premium season pass = no revenue and game development gets cut.
    I've decided that I more or less hate the NY heroics. That crap where literally every encounter has 2+ leaders that give an extra health bar was one of the worst design decisions they've made. "Oh hey! Guys! Gusy!!!11!11! You know how players HATE bullet sponge? Lets give all enemies MORE BULLET SPONGE!!!!! HUR HUR HUR HURRRH HU HU HU HU!!!!!"

And they wonder why people gravitate towards glass canon and the M1A.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I've decided that I more or less hate the NY heroics. That crap where literally every encounter has 2+ leaders that give an extra health bar was one of the worst design decisions they've made. "Oh hey! Guys! Gusy!!!11!11! You know how players HATE bullet sponge? Lets give all enemies MORE BULLET SPONGE!!!!! HUR HUR HUR HURRRH HU HU HU HU!!!!!"

And they wonder why people gravitate towards glass canon and the M1A.
    And that Keener fight. Oh joy, let's have a 5 minute phase where you just kill turrets and bombs!

And then another phase where your abilities are often disabled because you went a skill build? You dumbass!

I still want headshots to count for more. I get it, they do more damage and that's nice and all, but headshot should really do more on heavily armored targets (not just the big tanks) to shred their armor a bit faster. Because half the time I feel as if I'm getting more damage out of just spamming their torso with bullets to high hell than slowing down a touch to land consecutive headshots.

"Careful but quick precision shooting being rewarded? Nah, not really. Just spray and pray lulz."

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been lurking in here for a while now. Regular posters; at this current time, would you still consider buying a Division 3 straight away or even at all? Would you wait X time to see what the 2-3-4 months in reviews will say?

I’ve resently quit the game again since I’m getting real tired of Massive’s three steps forward two steps back (or maybe its actually four steps back) way of handeling their game. And always having some stupid excuse when they done fucked, only for them to make it right again in like 4-5 months to just fuck it up again a month later.

I did a 1000 hours in Div1 and it was a very strong love/hate relationship with the game, decided to go for Div2 because Div1 ended on a high note but boy did Div2 do a complete 180 on Div1’s curtain show. Couldnt wrap my head around how they released Div2 in the same state they had Div1 at its lowest.

To answer my own question, I’d probably keep a close eye on Div3 development and wait at least a couple of months before buying it. But if the reddit sub turns red and in flames at any point close to post release I’ll save myself the trouble and just completely pass on Div3 since the rollercoaster ride Massive puts their players on just isn’t fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    To answer my own question, I’d probably keep a close eye on Div3 development and wait at least a couple of months before buying it. But if the reddit sub turns red and in flames at any point close to post release I’ll save myself the trouble and just completely pass on Div3 since the rollercoaster ride Massive puts their players on just isn’t fun.
    Pretty much this. I got Div 2 with my replacement budget-GPU 6ish months after launch. I was hype at the relatively strong launch at first, but seeing how they've screwed up the game left and right since then there ain't no way in hell I'm jumping on a third installment early.

Honestly, I'd rather these Schlooters stop making sequels and instead stick to a single game that they can improve and grow. TD1 with more content and some of the new features added in TD2? Yes fucking please.

I’ve been lurking in here for a while now. Regular posters; at this current time, would you still consider buying a Division 3 straight away or even at all? Would you wait X time to see what the 2-3-4 months in reviews will say?

I’ve resently quit the game again since I’m getting real tired of Massive’s three steps forward two steps back (or maybe its actually four steps back) way of handeling their game. And always having some stupid excuse when they done fucked, only for them to make it right again in like 4-5 months to just fuck it up again a month later.

I did a 1000 hours in Div1 and it was a very strong love/hate relationship with the game, decided to go for Div2 because Div1 ended on a high note but boy did Div2 do a complete 180 on Div1’s curtain show. Couldnt wrap my head around how they released Div2 in the same state they had Div1 at its lowest.

I didn't even buy Div 2 right away. waited for a sale instead AFTER trying it during free introductory month of uplay plus (while i didn't completely hate it in open beta, I had a LOT of misgivings, too many to preorder). as far as 3 goes, most likely I'm waiting as well.

As far as the upcoming NPC nerfs and potential skill adjustments later on..... If they don't address the 'loot' issue in some meaningful way, none of it will matter IMO..

I've got all sorts of 'full builds' done, Red M1A, True Patriot Pestilence, Dynasty Holster Full Status Effects, Mortar Turret Bomber, Mines/Sniper, Full CC Firefly / Jammer, Shield / Liberty. The issue is that they aren't nearly what we'd call fully optimized, though given the scaling of some of their attributes, not too far off. Challenging not a problem nearly ever, either solo or in group, though clearly number of solo capables is a good deal smaller. 99.9% of the loot drops are garbage. Rainbow attributes with a crap weapon roll, skill tier with crap..., etc. And from what I hear from people that do grind heroics now... the gear sucks there too....

So - we'll all have a bit more fun next week... maybe... because we can do any of the above in challenging without getting 1/2 shot... maybe we'll be able to take a couple of our builds up to heroic.. But - if they don't improve the drop system in some way, none of us will progress our builds much.

I'm at about 250SHD , not like I've no-lifed things or spammed anything... the gear is garbage, and I don't see anything on their roadmap that is going to change that.

I’ve been lurking in here for a while now. Regular posters; at this current time, would you still consider buying a Division 3 straight away or even at all?
    Honestly, you should wait a couple months before buying ANY new game these days. That goes for DOOM, Cyberpunk, whatever.

Games simply do not launch in ready states these days. The industry standard is to launch on some marketing-selected date, then fix it later. And they'll keep doing it because people are stupid and keep pre-ordering and falling for hype.

Not only that, but chances are VERY good that a few months down the road the game will go on sale, and you'll gain the benefit of patches or DLC. DOOM Eternal is a good example. Currently on steam for 20% off, and the issue of the OST has been resolved and clarified.

Specifically for division 3? I'll wait. There's no great story to be spoiled, and I'd want to wait and see reviews about the gameplay first. One of the only things keeping me in Division 2 right now is the gunplay and cover mechanics. If D3 doesn't even have that....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    So - we'll all have a bit more fun next week... maybe... because we can do any of the above in challenging without getting 1/2 shot... maybe we'll be able to take a couple of our builds up to heroic.. But - if they don't improve the drop system in some way, none of us will progress our builds much.

I'm at about 250SHD , not like I've no-lifed things or spammed anything... the gear is garbage, and I don't see anything on their roadmap that is going to change that.
    I think that has to be the first thing they address with TU10. Either recalibration changes to allow more customization, or better initial drops.

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't touch D3 with a 10-foot pole until I saw multiple glowing 'they listened! Huge improvement over D2' reviews, from not only critics but users. And even then I'd probably wait for the first major update to be sure they don't wreck all the 'we listened' stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it but I do expect changes... but tbh I wish they just stayed with the regular Division

Did a Washington Expansion and...whatever's next in another expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'll get it but I do expect changes... but tbh I wish they just stayed with the regular Division

Did a Washington Expansion and...whatever's next in another expansion.
    Agreed.

Rather than do a division 3, I'd prefer they just start adding on to the current game woth skills, talents, and gear from D1. Then add from there. Survival, underground, maps, missions.

Only once that's done, start adding new stuff.

I wouldn't mind a "The Division 3" but if they do a Division 3, it should be something different than the first 2 games.
    While it's a The Division "2" it's still too much of the same game. It doesn't really look different, it's just an expansion.
    The Game could have been called "The Division: DC" and could be sold as an expansion. You'd have way more content that way because you aren't losing the old stuff.

In fact, I'm not even sure why they made a new game. What's the purpose.
    They had to splitt the playerbase. The engine seems to be the same(?). I don't really get it.

edit: well, what Aeluron said.

Good lord....the difference between challenging and heroic is staggering. I can throw on 4 rando pieces of Tip of the Spear and basically sprint through a mission with a pistol, but heroic requires a finely tuned and optimized build just to stand a chance.

I would LOVE to sit on the meeting where they decided the balance curve of this game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

In fact, I'm not even sure why they made a new game. What's the purpose.
    They had to splitt the playerbase. The engine seems to be the same(?). I don't really get it.
    Because in order to make any serious changes to the game's various systems it's easier to start from scratch. Division 2 does play differently than Division 1 even if on a surface level it still greatly resembles the first one. Just adding the specializations wasn't something they could easily add because the original game wasn't built with them in mind. By starting from scratch it was not only easier to add them but also make it so that they could easily add more after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Because in order to make any serious changes to the game's various systems it's easier to start from scratch. Division 2 does play differently than Division 1 even if on a surface level it still greatly resembles the first one. Just adding the specializations wasn't something they could easily add because the original game wasn't built with them in mind. By starting from scratch it was not only easier to add them but also make it so that they could easily add more after release.
    I don't really believe this, not like the engine they use is awful or super old.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Man, I just cannot find or craft an AR/LMG/SMG worth a shit for the life of me. They're all total garbage and almost every time I pull one out I find myself wanting to swap back to my MK17 because it's way better.

I did get a well rolled White Death SR and it's...actually pretty rockin. Even without building around it in the slightest it's doing easy 3M headshots. At this point I'm legit considering just saying fuck and rolling with SR/Rifle, because my rifle is more effective than any of the other close range non-shotgun weapons at this point.

Did find an 1886 Rifle as well, it's pretty silly. Damage is nuts, everything else about it sucks though.

I kinda miss that TD1 ended up showing you where a lot of the collectibles you needed were after you finished the game. I've got a ton to find still but I can't be arsed to look up a damn guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I just cannot find or craft an AR/LMG/SMG worth a shit for the life of me. They're all total garbage and almost every time I pull one out I find myself wanting to swap back to my MK17 because it's way better.

I did get a well rolled White Death SR and it's...actually pretty rockin. Even without building around it in the slightest it's doing easy 3M headshots. At this point I'm legit considering just saying fuck and rolling with SR/Rifle, because my rifle is more effective than any of the other close range non-shotgun weapons at this point.

Did find an 1886 Rifle as well, it's pretty silly. Damage is nuts, everything else about it sucks though.

I kinda miss that TD1 ended up showing you where a lot of the collectibles you needed were after you finished the game. I've got a ton to find still but I can't be arsed to look up a damn guide.
    Chatterbox is pretty fun as long as you don't care about ammo. Pestilence has niche builds, but honestly Bullet King is really where it's at. ARs are....meh.

BTW, if you're going to use a MM, you should give Aces & Eights a try. It can actually net some pretty disgusting damage. But sort of screws you out of other weapon types. Focused + Sawyer's Kneepads and the Aces bonus can get stupid high numbers. Use a turret and a hive to keep things from rushing you.

I'd use it more, but I honestly suck at using a MM rifle.

It's not amazing, but it's fun for picking off red dudes at range while in groups. Solo (or when I'm carrying my brother at 30, still trying to get him to pick up WoNY) it's abso-freakin-lutely hilarious on challenging. One shots damn near everything and feels great to just pop out and pop dudes off one by one. Works great for CP3 even (can't be bothered to try solo CP4).

I'll have to see if I have a build to support A&E, Sawyer's seem pretty sweet but I don't have them yet, still need a ton of exotics. I guess that'll be my next project for the weekend.

And finally finished the damn special weapon grind. Went back to sniper since it seems to have the best passives for my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't really believe this, not like the engine they use is awful or super old.
    When you're making a bunch of changes to a game you eventually reach a point where it honestly becomes easier to start from scratch rather than trying to make it all work with the preexisting game.

So...I guess I had the mats to make Nemesis? Seems rad, 3x the damage of my White Death and that talent seems like it could be super fun. Too tired tonight, but totally going to mess around with it tomorrow. Also got super lucky and got a M1A (not classic) with Boomerang on it. It's got a lot more damage than the MK17, but I'm not sure if I like how small the mag is.

Oh well, that and the A&E set build for tomorrow.

Also, is it just me or are loadouts a bit busted? Can't rename things, they're not always overwriting properly etc.

Yeah it's busted, I have to press overwrite 2 times basically every time.