So I found a decent build that's a little unconventional but works.

Using Eclipse and gunner with pyro and banshee is amazing, sucks giving up my drone though.

Now just need to get harmony. Going 4y2r and using the armor on kill from gunner for sustain.

Trying it with AR/Rifle combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkobi View Post

Using Eclipse and gunner with pyro and banshee is amazing, sucks giving up my drone though.

Now just need to get harmony. Going 4y2r and using the armor on kill from gunner for sustain.

So you stun them with banshee, then set things on fire with chem launcher igniter? You could just use a drone instead, and use the Pyromaniac AR to start fires.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So you stun them with banshee, then set things on fire with chem launcher igniter? You could just use a drone instead, and use the Pyromaniac AR to start fires.
    I am working on Eclipse aswell, and Fire Chem is waaay too good to pass on. It's literally the strongest status we can put our hands on - it ticked for 300k+ before TU10, yet to see how it is now. I like the idea of Banshee, does it get spread by Eclipse aswell?

Pyromaniac is just there to finish people off. I wouldn't even shoot that much.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It spreads with banshee.... And once I get my vile mask I'm going to melt people in half a second.

Also the 4pc takes the place of pyro AR.
    Last edited by Jakkobi; 2020-06-25 at 10:59 AM.

It spreads with banshee.... And once I get my vile mask I'm going to melt people in half a second.

Also the 4pc takes the place of pyro AR.
    Speaking of vile.....my mortar build is going to erase things. The vile damage is half of a normal grenade. And guess what normal grenade damage scales with? Explosive damage.

Every time you hit with a mortar it'll do initial damage followed by the slightly nerfed bleed. But who cares, because the bleed will trigger Vile. And if you're using Eclipse Protocol, that'll keep rolling over to other targets.

I suppose you could do the same thing with one of the seeker mines too.

I plan to use a drone to clean up anything that survives. It should be disgusting!

Speaking of vile.....my mortar build is going to erase things. The vile damage is half of a normal grenade. And guess what normal grenade damage scales with? Explosive damage.

Every time you hit with a mortar it'll do initial damage followed by the slightly nerfed bleed. But who cares, because the bleed will trigger Vile. And if you're using Eclipse Protocol, that'll keep rolling over to other targets.

I suppose you could do the same thing with one of the seeker mines too.

I plan to use a drone to clean up anything that survives. It should be disgusting!

Thought it was based off of concussion grenade?

Thought it was based off of concussion grenade?
    It is. Granted you can buff grenades with Mad Bomber and explosive damage, Vile actually takes base grenade damage - so it doesn't scales with exploves and it's explicitly stated it scales with status effects. I think Mad bomber will still be effective though.

I'm unsure if i want to go survivalist for the 10% damage bonus on status effected enemies for all team or go tech for free skill tier and easily added Golan piece (which rolls a blue core). Gunner for the Banshee and 10% armor on kill looks solid aswell. I like i have the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It is. Granted you can buff grenades with Mad Bomber and explosive damage, Vile actually takes base grenade damage - so it doesn't scales with exploves and it's explicitly stated it scales with status effects. I think Mad bomber will still be effective though.

I'm unsure if i want to go survivalist for the 10% damage bonus on status effected enemies for all steam or go tech for free skill tier and easily added Golan piece (which rolls a blue core). Gunner for the Banshee and 10% armor on kill looks solid aswell. I like i have the choices.
    I feel any status effect should be incorporated.... In PvP that's a huge thing
    To negates pulse big.

Harmony is currently being sold at one of the DZ vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Harmony is currently being sold at one of the DZ vendors.
    I am more and more convinced Harmony/In Sync is WAAAAAAY too strong. Just add drone/turret to your build for just triggering it, and enjoy free 40% wd, or random shoot while your skill shred people and enjoy 40% skill dmg.

I like they tried to make the hybrid playstyle work, but the more stuff i try, the more the talents fits in multiple scenarios. Not everywhere though, there are other choices prefectly worth like Boomerang for crit builds, the various status effects ones, etc.

I am more and more convinced Harmony/In Sync is WAAAAAAY too strong. Just add drone/turret to your build for just triggering it, and enjoy free 40% wd, or random shoot while your skill shred people and enjoy 40% skill dmg.

I like they tried to make the hybrid playstyle work, but the more stuff i try, the more the talents fits in multiple scenarios. Not everywhere though, there are other choices prefectly worth like Boomerang for crit builds, the various status effects ones, etc.
    It is way too strong compared to most other stuff. Even if you'd nerf it by 50% btw.
    That was obvious from the very beginning.
    Most talents are somewhere between 10-15% at most overall.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It is way too strong compared to most other stuff. Even if you'd nerf it by 50% btw.
    That was obvious from the very beginning.
    Most talents are somewhere between 10-15% at most overall.
    Fun fact is that it's actually balanced if you use it how it's intended - with an hybrid build that makes use of both buffs. Maybe they should put in an "at least 2 red and 2 yellows required".

If there wasn't Liberty, it would be the way to go for a Deflector+Pistol build aswell.

I'm unsure if i want to go survivalist for the 10% damage bonus on status effected enemies for all team or go tech for free skill tier and easily added Golan piece (which rolls a blue core). Gunner for the Banshee and 10% armor on kill looks solid aswell. I like i have the choices.
    Isn't the concussion grenade the basic one?

Well, if it doesn't work the way I thought, even the base damage of the nade will happen on top of the bleed, making the mortar stronger. I just might switch EP for something else.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-06-26 at 02:23 AM.

Well, if it doesn't work the way I thought, even the base damage of the nade will happen on top of the bleed, making the mortar stronger. I just might switch EP for something else.

You could use the fire grenades though together with Mad bomber or something.
    Radius is so big, you'll always hit something. Fire Spreads to everyone. Vile ticks on everyone.
    Status effect increase both fire grenade damage (I think??) and duration. Status effect will also increase Vile damage.

I have no idea whether the grenade is actually worth using though. But it certainly is an easy way to get the stuff rolling.
    Chem Launcher's Fire version is certainly several times stronger though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-26 at 07:23 AM.

Yeah, it's raw additional damage. If my calcs are right, Vile can basically nearly double the damage of a status build. But i'm really more interested in using it with Directive. I'd pass on Carnage for a rifle since it's only 5% dmage loss from the talent. Honestly, since i'm gonna use the Stinger Hive, probably AGAIN Harmony will be the best bet, or some heavy hitter like an AK47 or an M1A.

Yeah, it's raw additional damage. If my calcs are right, Vile can basically nearly double the damage of a status build. But i'm really more interested in using it with Directive. I'd pass on Carnage for a rifle since it's only 5% dmage loss from the talent. Honestly, since i'm gonna use the Stinger Hive, probably AGAIN Harmony will be the best bet, or some heavy hitter like an AK47 or an M1A.
    Oh btw. since you mentioned Stinger Hive.

Wasn't the bleed nerved and the base damage changed to be stronger with higher skill tiers and lower with no skill tiers?
    Because I'm pretty sure I had much more than over 1 million dmg per "sting" and now I'm at like 800k with the same gear. (Skill Tier 6)

Wasn't the bleed nerved and the base damage changed to be stronger with higher skill tiers and lower with no skill tiers?
    Because I'm pretty sure I had much more than over 1 million dmg per "sting" and now I'm at like 800k with the same gear. (Skill Tier 6)
    I believe that's correct. Which is fine, honestly. A lot of the damage comes from the actual stinger, especially against mechanicals like warhounds or drones. The Vile will more than bolster any nerf to the status effect damage.

- - - Updated - - -

On another topic, I just unlocked the re-calibration library on my "newbie" alt experiment character I've been leveling. The library is character specific. Perfect for my purposes, but a big "oof!" for anyone interested in alts.

Yeah, that's correct. BUt i doin't really care, it's still a superb aoe application of bleeds to start rolling the Directive bonuses, plus bleeding will do double damage and last 50% longer aswell.

Directive, in the end, it's a red cores build. Bleeds\Vile are just additional damage to compensate for the lack of crit/cirtdmg, and since you have only one stat, status effects just fits in perfectly. I just need to add a Golan (i'll probably keep the blue core, roll status+handling since Survivalist has the healer ball). Bleeds are there to make use of the bonuses.

Again, i'm really unsure if i really want to use Sadist. Perfect In Sync is so much good since it gives you basically a flat 40% wd.

There were a couple a few months ago, but when I went to them they were all badly out of date.

You're probably better off telling us what style you prefer, and the 2-3 build fanatics here will theory craft it for you. ;D

its LMG still playable ? was funny for me

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    its LMG still playable ? was funny for me
    That's....a bit vague.

There are lots of builds that use an LMG. The Pestilence exotic remains a strong LMG for just about any build. The Bullet King can now drop from any content as part of targeted loot, and also remains a strong weapon.

Do you prefer skill builds that rely on status effects or other abilities? Or do you more enjoy all red shooting builds?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, i'm really unsure if i really want to use Sadist. Perfect In Sync is so much good since it gives you basically a flat 40% wd.
    I'd go with In Sync, since sadist does nothing when fighting robotics.