i would focus on getting to wt5 - so do the missions, get gear and do the strongholds

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i just reached level 30, have yet 2 zones to tackle on (but it's only about liberation/side missions). Any pointers on what to focus on right now? Should i do strongholds immediately?

PS: as for crashes, i still experiment some but not as often as before (like 1 maybe per session, 2 if it's a very long one). However NVidia released today new drivers which should help/solve the issue (was mentioned in the patch notes IIRC).
    The strongholds and advancing world tier are self-regulating. You can't advance world tiers until you defeat the strongholds, and you'll have a hard time wit the strongholds until your gear is up to snuff. (Or I guess you could get a group to clear it for you, maybe?). I would just play whatever feels natural, and let your gear advance as you get drops, and clear whatever content you find challenging but enjoyable.

But you do eventually want to clear as many side missions as you can find. They often have blueprints or other rewards that are worth doing. Other than that, you might want to farm lvl 3 control points as well, since they also reward important blueprints. Do your projects with blueprints as well. You're looking for better weapon mods, mostly.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever developer decided to make the sledgehammer guys needs to go frolic in a minefield of Legos. I absolutely dread Outcast missions because of these guys... I've been trying to beat The Bloodhound for Federal Emergency bunker and it's a goddamn nightmare. There's no room to move or at all- it's either die to gunfire from the regular guys that spawn or get Gallagaher'd by the elite.

Maybe I'm just tired and I'm just needlessly bashing my head against a wall trying to beat this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    Whichever developer decided to make the sledgehammer guys needs to go frolic in a minefield of Legos. I absolutely dread Outcast missions because of these guys... I've been trying to beat The Bloodhound for Federal Emergency bunker and it's a goddamn nightmare. There's no room to move or at all- it's either die to gunfire from the regular guys that spawn or get Gallagaher'd by the elite.

Maybe I'm just tired and I'm just needlessly bashing my head against a wall trying to beat this mission.
    I understand they're assholes when they have allies. But if you get rid of them, you just Dodge roll em to death.

Pull a Skyrim and shoot him in the knee. No, seriously. Enough damage to either leg will make them stumble and give you enough time to reload.

Another way is to use a turret and an LMG. The turret can either help you focus on the hammerbro, or keep the little guys off you while you focus on evading the melee. The Hammerbros NEVER use cover, so the LMG will always have that sweet bonus damage, and enough rounds to take advantage of it.

Also, parkour...a lot. Hammerbros are a bit more mobile than the minigun heavies, but they're not super agile. You can juke them by vaulting over things. Just don't try to climb up something. It's a slow animation and you'll get smashed.

And last but not least: Just dodge-roll directly away from the hammerbro. As long as you don't run into anything during the roll, he'll miss the swing..

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The strongholds and advancing world tier are self-regulating. You can't advance world tiers until you defeat the strongholds, and you'll have a hard time wit the strongholds until your gear is up to snuff. (Or I guess you could get a group to clear it for you, maybe?). I would just play whatever feels natural, and let your gear advance as you get drops, and clear whatever content you find challenging but enjoyable.

But you do eventually want to clear as many side missions as you can find. They often have blueprints or other rewards that are worth doing. Other than that, you might want to farm lvl 3 control points as well, since they also reward important blueprints. Do your projects with blueprints as well. You're looking for better weapon mods, mostly.
    Ok. I have friends a little ahead of me (and one guy at like 505 ilvl) that i know will help me if i ask - but i don't want to just zerg stuff as it's annoying as hell to have a couple people just go BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA while i like playing with my MMR/AR/SMG.

Thanks for the other pointers also. While playing in party is super awesome i feel that this games dishes out the best experience while solo - maybe sometime's not optimal or fair but feels much more immersive. Personal preference though. Will try strongholds (the easier one) and once done i'll clear the zones since side missions and SHD caches are pretty fast.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok. I have friends a little ahead of me (and one guy at like 505 ilvl) that i know will help me if i ask - but i don't want to just zerg stuff as it's annoying as hell to have a couple people just go BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA while i like playing with my MMR/AR/SMG.

Thanks for the other pointers also. While playing in party is super awesome i feel that this games dishes out the best experience while solo - maybe sometime's not optimal or fair but feels much more immersive. Personal preference though. Will try strongholds (the easier one) and once done i'll clear the zones since side missions and SHD caches are pretty fast.
    Just clear out a little chunk of time. They aren't raid long, but the strongholds are longer and trickier than story missions. And much more epic because of it. But perfectly soloable. But that makes me wonder how nuts it gets with 4 people.

10+ Year Old Account

That mission is a bit of a pain but luckily the hammer guys are super dumb. You should focus on killing the normal enemies first. The hammer guy will always just run after you, and when you stop, he'll take a swing at you, which is really slow. Just roll away, and take some distance as he'll be busy recovering. Just don't get cornered, and make certain you have the revive hive in case you get unlucky.

If anyone’s playing on pc and wants a boost to close to 500 ilevel let me know; I’d be happy to run a couple missions or a few control points with you when i have some free time and pass you some loot. I know what a bitch the grind to 500 was! =) Currently 508 after recalibrating some gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account

As others have said, take out all the others in the room while keeping an eye on the hammer bro and dodging/running away when he swings and then just blast him in the legs and/or arms. They are where his armor is weakest. A solid AR or LMG will chew through him.

Is the mission in the old bunker where you end in the room with the enemies flowing from the sides and the final boss bashing the door in slow over time? I just hid behind the console directly in front of the door, and started pummeling him slowly over time with AR, Chem launcher and Seeker mine - all while just runnong around the console. If he sprints, you sprint/roll and then he stays tehre for a little while leaving you the time to kill it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chasing a 3 7 7 build, currently 3 8 4. Going to have to be real lucky to get 3 extra yellows. Really hard to get good drops with no reds.

Stacking talents like Optimist, Unstoppable Force, Compensated, and DTE, along with any weapon damage bonuses makes me absolutely melt targets in Challenging. I'll probably try Heroic tonight, but was wanting to have a more optimised build first.

Still have On The Ropes to activate, but that'll be tricky.

I need to get lucky and find the talent Patience on a piece of gear that will fit. The way gearing works and racalibration being pretty shit can make it a nightmare at times.

Still using a 495 AR, with +20% magazine, hoping I can get one with rate of fire and I've still to get the Chatterbox (was waiting till T5 to grind it and been stuck on the 3rd piece for days now), so that is an easy DPS increase to get.

Also need to optimise my gear sets, as they are all over the place, but currently I'm doing great damage, will be scary dps once I have it optimised.

When grinding I find it's best to be building a few sets at the same time, also building an LMG/SMG (which was my main build before I got the above build semi working) build and a crit AR/Rifle build with Berserk.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-04-12 at 02:33 PM.

Do you lose/gain ilvl on your item when you recalibrate it by using higher/lower items as fodder?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Do you lose/gain ilvl on your item when you recalibrate it by using higher/lower items as fodder?
    Gain.

GS doesn't mean that much 450+. It needs a fix as it is poorly implemented.

It's even possible to get +40% elite damage on a 300 GS piece. If you put that into a 500 GS item, it would probably increase to 515GS. It all depends on how high the rolls are on your gear.

Can someone post a pic of where your gear score is located overall, and on a certain piece for me? I just hit 30 a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Can someone post a pic of where your gear score is located overall, and on a certain piece for me? I just hit 30 a couple of days ago.
    If you don't see anything besides level 30, it means you need to complete the basic set of missions to hit world tier 1 before you can actually see your gear score.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Gotcha, haven't completed the second stronghold yet. Best attempt was getting the two gas tanks down and couldn't figure out how to open the hatch, got overwhelmed trying to get it open. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Gotcha, haven't completed the second stronghold yet. Best attempt was getting the two gas tanks down and couldn't figure out how to open the hatch, got overwhelmed trying to get it open. Thanks!
    The trick to that mission is staying in control of the miniguns. You might have to stop using them to cover your flanks, but using a turret can help with that. Overall, the more you can stay on those guns, the easier that mission will be.

Also, when in doubt, shoot things. Panels, doors, hatches, tanks.. Blow it all up!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-04-12 at 09:47 PM.

Gosh, the game is so bugged and retarded sometimes, that you can't help but laugh until you eventually end up crying.

I was playing with friends all day and one suicide bomber ran up to us and made himself explode - followed by a big long - "Ooooowww....."
    After having to deal with *super* aggressive (basically "directly out of spawn into your face aggressive" which is a real issue in group play because you face around 10+ enemies at once) bullet spongy, nade and explosive spamming enemies in tidal basin, several restarts due to enemies behind closed doors that were stuck, this was a break of sincere laughter we needed to forget the abysmal game experience we had all day.

And we couldn't stop talking about how shitty skills are, and how incompetent the balance team in this game is for not adressing that at all. Pretty much every other company would've rolled out a patch 1 week after release to rebalance all of that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-04-12 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    After having to deal with *super* aggressive (basically "directly out of spawn into your face aggressive") bullet spongy, nade and explosive spamming enemies in tidal basin,
    The super-aggressive NPCs is a known issue they're fixing soon. It was in the last State of the Game. Basically what happens is the AI determines it has enough overwhelming numbers and triggers a bumrush to overwhelm you. Pretty realistic, if you ask me, but not all that fun when it happens.