Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...I guess I had the mats to make Nemesis? Seems rad, 3x the damage of my White Death and that talent seems like it could be super fun. Too tired tonight, but totally going to mess around with it tomorrow. Also got super lucky and got a M1A (not classic) with Boomerang on it. It's got a lot more damage than the MK17, but I'm not sure if I like how small the mag is.

Oh well, that and the A&E set build for tomorrow.

Also, is it just me or are loadouts a bit busted? Can't rename things, they're not always overwriting properly etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Yeah it's busted, I have to press overwrite 2 times basically every time.
    Huh...I totally forgot about the Nemesis. I might have to finish that.

But yeah, loadouts have been buggy as hell for awhile. Sometimes you can't overright or delte them. Sometimes you can't even make new ones. The only way I've found to make it work is to change areas, swap weapons, sometimes fire a few times, and switch gear maybe. It's weird. But once you get it done it works fine. That's something.

Yeah, the Nemesis is by far the strongest sniper rifle out there. You should expect damage numbers twice as high as with your White Death (when fully charged)
    It makes every sniper rifle obsolete in my opinion.
    At least normal HE MGs aren't obsolete just because of the BK or Pestilence, but that's not the case for sniper rifles.

They'd have to remove being able to shoot when the rifle isn't fully charged to make other Sniper rifles useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiyW-qyMunw
    Even if you don't use Aces, it's still doing twice as much. Aces probably ups that even more due to double dipping.

Nice bit on the 3p of Aces in that video too.
    If you are using sniper rifles, that set is basically a must have imho.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-05-10 at 08:48 AM.

Uhhhhhg.....

Finally get a pyromaniac and...the rolls man. The ROLLS! Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Yeah, the Nemesis is by far the strongest sniper rifle out there..
    Uhg...what? I have to wait for the RNG to invade capitol hill.....

This game...I swear. It's like they're competing with Blizzard for top ranked Fun Police.

EDIT: After doing some research, I guess it can technically still drop from heroic loot or targeted loot since I have the blueprint. Although that seems like a MUCH lower way of getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally unrelated...but holy shit! Is this guy an aimbot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjsxJO2BtQ
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-05-10 at 09:37 AM.

RIP those rolls. Unless there's something insane about the talent, I generally don't even bother with loot below 75% on at least 2 rolls. It's kinda lame, but it makes gear management easier.

Also, anyone tried the build tools? Saw this today - https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...now_in_beta_3/

Tempted to give it a spin, seems like it'll make figuring out my builds easier. I'm still too lazy to actually start working on other guilds, wish there was a site where folks could share gear setups so we could look to them for a pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Totally unrelated...but holy shit! Is this guy an aimbot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjsxJO2BtQ
    that... is very impressive, especially since you can see he is definitely doing that manually (I know you did NOT say he was using anything to cheat, had to edit to correct in case it came across that way - him being able to do this manual is kinda crazy) as he is constantly adjusting his aim and not all his shots land 100% precisely. how many times did he run this place to know it THAT well?????

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that... is very impressive, especially since you can see he is definitely doing that manually (I know you did NOT say he was using anything to cheat, had to edit to correct in case it came across that way - him being able to do this manual is kinda crazy) as he is constantly adjusting his aim and not all his shots land 100% precisely. how many times did he run this place to know it THAT well?????
    At first I thought it was an aimbot. The way the targeting moved sometimes, like following that drone, looked a little too robotic. But then there's tiny mistakes that get made. I'm pretty sure it's just a guy who's spent a LOT of time playing shooters, and doing speedruns.

But yeah, his build is pretty high godrolls on everything, which helps a lot with the damage. But his ability to land headshots so consistently in uncanny. Reminds me of old marcostyle legendary vids.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP those rolls. Unless there's something insane about the talent, I generally don't even bother with loot below 75% on at least 2 rolls. It's kinda lame, but it makes gear management easier.
    I've just been wanting to make a status build for awhile now, and that AR is the perfect fit for it. I guess I could make do with a pestilence, but it was just REALLY disappointing to finally get the drop and have the rolls be such utter trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see the optimization station make a return.

The new attribute library is awesome, but gear could become a lot more useful of you could retool a piece of loot with an attribute of choice from the library, and then bump up one more attribute stat with increments just as Div1, also for an increasing price to not make it too easy to push up stats. Eventually that got upped to boosting two stats but that might be too much. Thoughts? (I highly doubt they will add this tho).

In my opinion this would solve a lot of the loot issues this game has, since waiting on their loot balancing you'd probably see peace between North and South Korea before that.

Also, anyone tried the build tools? Saw this today - https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...now_in_beta_3/
    Back befor ethe expansion there was divisionbuilder.com which was plain awesome - you could even filter for talents/stats etc. The guy unfortunately never updated it. Right now i have a google docs spreadsheet where i put all my builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I'd love to see the optimization station make a return.

The new attribute library is awesome, but gear could become a lot more useful of you could retool a piece of loot with an attribute of choice from the library, and then bump up one more attribute stat with increments just as Div1, also for an increasing price to not make it too easy to push up stats. Eventually that got upped to boosting two stats but that might be too much. Thoughts? (I highly doubt they will add this tho).

In my opinion this would solve a lot of the loot issues this game has, since waiting on their loot balancing you'd probably see peace between North and South Korea before that.
    Imho the only real issue is the chest and backpack. Talents should be rerollable separately from the stats. The other pieces of gear are not so terrible to farm - in the end the core stat is always the same depending on brand, so you really need only one good roll to make a piece useful. This excluding cases where you want to reroll the core, so it's kinda painful.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm probably just venting, but I swear the more I play and test different things in this game, the more it becomes abundantly clear that playing anything except the meta is just a stupid waste of time.

I can equip a Classic M1A and a crusader shield and just murder things on heroic. Literally everything besides that a is a struggle, with fatal flaws. And anything below heroic can be stumbled through with literally any assortment of random stats and skills. No difficulty at all.

A handful of minor tweaks tomorrow, like nade accuracy, isn't going to change the massive bullet sponge and pitiful damage output of non-red builds. I really think I'm almost at the end of my rope with this game. It's very disappointing considering how much potential the game had. Short of Anthem, I've never experienced a dev team flushing a game down the toilet this badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The saddest thing (and also the most annoying thing) is there was a point in Div1 where they had it pretty much right.

I'm aware it's not a matter of copy/pasta from Div1, but they just seem to completely ignore everything other companies around them do AND ignore pretty much everything they got right in Division 1. Stepping in the same pitfalls and act surprised about it.

I mean... that's just...

This game could have been the goose with the golden eggs for Ubi, if handled a bit (a lot) differently. But that might also be on Ubi to blame for not stepping in OR they are the ones pulling the biggest strings and are actually responsible for the state of the game.

-snip-
    The change is actually more subtle. The main issues of the enemies can be recapped in few points:
    - way too high accuracy (with any ability or weapon, independently from the distance)
    - skill spam way too consistent
    - aggressivity over the top from every single archetype, even the ones that shouldn't have it.

The changes won't impact the direct damage or hp of the enemies, but instead they'll be less prone to nuke you in seconds and will have more windows to get shoot at without running to you even under fire/blind. You'll basically have more time to stay out and shoot at people, which is the major issue right now. For example skill builds are actually playable even in solo (but techs are the only ones that don't have a reliable self sustain ffs) but since skills require more time to be played tactically right now they suck. In party, when you have ALL the time, they're actually pretty good and only a little behind full red.

I'd say wait and try the changes. TU10 will bring more balancing in form of items, and a number pass. I'm not saying it's good, but it's worth waiting. i do my events and checklists and i'm happy with that - now running for the last 300 levels so i'll reach 1000 SHD. Playing Heroic+2 directives with a full red pestilence build. I'm sure that with the changes both the HW build and the hybrid will be viable.

Tank was viabvle already, full red we all know it, so excluding the healer basically all builds will be playable consitently.

IF ONLY THE FREAKIN SEEKERS ACTUALLY HIT SOMEONE FFS. The HW build is super fun, i spam gazillion mines, but most of them just go bogus.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The change is actually more subtle. The main issues of the enemies can be recapped in few points:
    - way too high accuracy (with any ability or weapon, independently from the distance)
    - skill spam way too consistent
    - aggressivity over the top from every single archetype, even the ones that shouldn't have it.

The changes won't impact the direct damage or hp of the enemies, but instead they'll be less prone to nuke you in seconds and will have more windows to get shoot at without running to you even under fire/blind. You'll basically have more time to stay out and shoot at people, which is the major issue right now. For example skill builds are actually playable even in solo (but techs are the only ones that don't have a reliable self sustain ffs) but since skills require more time to be played tactically right now they suck. In party, when you have ALL the time, they're actually pretty good and only a little behind full red.

I'd say wait and try the changes. TU10 will bring more balancing in form of items, and a number pass. I'm not saying it's good, but it's worth waiting. i do my events and checklists and i'm happy with that - now running for the last 300 levels so i'll reach 1000 SHD. Playing Heroic+2 directives with a full red pestilence build. I'm sure that with the changes both the HW build and the hybrid will be viable.

Tank was viabvle already, full red we all know it, so excluding the healer basically all builds will be playable consitently.

IF ONLY THE FREAKIN SEEKERS ACTUALLY HIT SOMEONE FFS. The HW build is super fun, i spam gazillion mines, but most of them just go bogus.
    I just get super frustrated with the disparity between challenging and heroic, and between RedM1A and literally everything else.

The changes in 9.1 won't stop the current meta from being so dominant. It'll probably make it worse as glassss canon and vanguard become more usable. And none of the balance changes fixes how clunky skills are to use.

I don't know. I probably just need to play something else for awhile and wait to see what new trainwreck Massive causes with the raid.

I can equip a Classic M1A and a crusader shield and just murder things on heroic. Literally everything besides that a is a struggle, with fatal flaws. And anything below heroic can be stumbled through with literally any assortment of random stats and skills. No difficulty at all.
    This is why I stick to challenging and avoid the M1A classic at all costs. Because I know if I start using it again I'll remember how much easer/more fun the game is with it and then get too used to it for when it's eventually nerfed again.

Unrelated: Legit considering a headshot damage build. Biggest turnoff remains the the inability to use ironsights with proper scopes, and I absolutely hate scoping with a passion, so that's 30% HS damage loss right there that can't be made up. Rifleman seems like it'd be insane with a headshot build.

And Nemesis...feels like garbage. Chargeup mechanic is kinda cool, but it feels impractical for the most part. Basically need to get HS's, but enemies are loathe to leave their heads still for more than a fraction of a second most of the time. It can work for solo play. But damn was it hot garbage in groups. Sure, the 8M+ headshot crit is awesome, but the effort required to get to that compared to being able to quickly and safely pop off a few shots with my White Dead or lay 1/3 a mag into a dude with my rifle...gah, literally everything in this game is so unbalanced.

Also, they apparently nerfed world chests so they don't scale with world difficulty? Was reading that in a thread earlier and...that's fucking dumb, and explains why I get so much purple garbage. I want to go around exploring in the open world, I actually enjoy it a lot (the game is pretty, even with my lower settings). It's fun to run into random patrols, even if they're not events. I enjoy discovering more collectibles I need, or just cool alleyways or nooks and crannies that I haven't seen before. I like collecting food/water/tools and turning them into CP's. But god damnit doing most of that shit feels like a complete waste of time when most of the chests I'm finding are basically empty.

ALSO ALSO they need to 3-4x the amount of crafting mats players can have, and make a lot of the brand-specific materials drop WAY more often. It seems like they want to make crafting a secondary route to getting gear, but as-is the cap feels arbitrarily low and some of the materials (mostly the brand stuff) unreasonably rare. Given that crafting seems to have an extremely high chance for garbage-tier rolls, there should at least be a way to balance it out via mass crafting all at once. Would love to see that with a big crafting UI pass, hate the way it works as-is.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-11 at 05:02 PM.

I just get super frustrated with the disparity between challenging and heroic, and between RedM1A and literally everything else.

The changes in 9.1 won't stop the current meta from being so dominant. It'll probably make it worse as glassss canon and vanguard become more usable. And none of the balance changes fixes how clunky skills are to use.

I don't know. I probably just need to play something else for awhile and wait to see what new trainwreck Massive causes with the raid.
    Remember that status effects get buffed tommorow, here I am foolishly hoping that it will be viable to do damage with burn and bleeds.

edit: scratch tommorrow, add whenever.

Was about to come post this. RIP me being hype to test out the changes. Oh well, I can live another few weeks as-is, but I was really looking forward to finally being able to hunker down behind cover instead of constantly dodging perfectly thrown/shot grenades : /

I'm probably just venting, but I swear the more I play and test different things in this game, the more it becomes abundantly clear that playing anything except the meta is just a stupid waste of time.

A handful of minor tweaks tomorrow, like nade accuracy, isn't going to change the massive bullet sponge and pitiful damage output of non-red builds. I really think I'm almost at the end of my rope with this game. It's very disappointing considering how much potential the game had. Short of Anthem, I've never experienced a dev team flushing a game down the toilet this badly.
    From a customization nerd to another:
    Gameplay customization only shines in certain areas of a game...and even where it shines, some roles like support are not appreciated and absent in meters.
    One place where it probably will never shine is in "incredibly difficult high end content"
    But ofcourse this depends on the game and its mechanics.

I wish you will find your "fun" spec...

My favorite role is always support so i never shine bright in game meters.

I know we're not supposed to use memes, but.....

Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-05-11 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...we'll let the results speak for themselves when the update comes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Nooooo! Scrapbot! Betrayal! I thought we were cool! XD