Thread: Starfield

Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see, was there some sort of playtest or official stuff with hopes and wishes is all we have for it?

P.S. I sure as hell hope they removed that "XX XP" tag each time you kill something. Who thought it was a good idea to pop this right in front of your face all the time in the middle of a firefight...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The two most interesting things to me are that supposedly they had idSoftware punch up the gunplay, so that it doesn't feel as bad as the one in Fallout 4 and that they put every QA company available to work so that it wouldn't be "10 times bigger than Skyrim, 100 times buggier".

Other than that, a bunch of smoke sold by everyone's favourite smokesperson Todd Howard. We'll see what's actually there when it releases.
    Every QA company available sounds like "16 times the detail".
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Metacritic prediction: 84/100 - lots of bugs at launch, slightly unfinished, planets generic, sometimes "less is more" but skyrim in space still in there.

I'll be playing on gamepass on XSX after I finish BG3. Do hope/wish it was 94/100 but I'm not that confident based on what I have seen so far. Hoping to be surprised.

I'm a little sceptical about the hype, I have no doubt that it'll be a fun game to go through the story and simply play, but in terms of ground breaking features it kinda feels like the game is going to be behind the curve in some cases. from what I understand there is a loading screen between planets and space, so its behind no man sky and SC in terms of seamless exploration, I assume this is because the creation engine is setup with interiors and exteriors, so planets are interiors and space is the exterior in this game I guess they couldn't do it any other way. there aren't any ground vehicles. it just feels like while it most likely will be a fun game to play through, I dunno if its bringing anything new to the table. at least nothing that hasn't already been done.

i'm happy to wait for reviews my potato probably won't run the game at all or barely 30fps so i doubt i'd even buy it to play it like that.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2023-08-18 at 03:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So, is the hype real? Hype me up, bruddahs.
    Some of the reviewers have hinted at it being real in ways that don't break the NDA. I recall one saying they should have bought the controller or saying a person has been radio silent since they said they are reviewing Starfield implying they can't stop playing it to tweet/x. They even gave early copies to certain content creators so they can YouTube and the like with content. The embargo drops at noon on the 31st with early access starting at 8 pm eastern (12 am GMT)
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-08-18 at 03:05 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Metacritic prediction: 84/100 - lots of bugs at launch, slightly unfinished, planets generic, sometimes "less is more" but skyrim in space still in there.

I'll be playing on gamepass on XSX after I finish BG3. Do hope/wish it was 94/100 but I'm not that confident based on what I have seen so far. Hoping to be surprised.
    84 is way too high. Ain't no way it breaks 60.

Not to mention it's dead on arrival, no one even knows it exists, 0 hype and talks about it across the board. I bet most people think the next game BGS releases is TES6 and have no idea Starfield is a thing. Even the game's subbreddit is a pathetic 200k, most indie games have better notoriety than this failure.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    Certain groups of people are already organizing review bombing on the release day, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OK, pointless bullshit aside, I kept hearing noises about this game and I am almost sorta done with BG3 first playthrough.

So, is the hype real? Hype me up, bruddahs.
    Not from me. The NASA aesthetics are unappealing, the "no intelligent aliens" is a blow to the world richness, and so many in-game activities does not seem fun. I expect an "ocean wide, puddle deep" Skyrim type experience. I may check it via Gamepass, but 2nd half of 2023 is already stacked with great titles.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention it's dead on arrival, no one even knows it exists, 0 hype and talks about it across the board. I bet most people think the next game BGS releases is TES6 and have no idea Starfield is a thing. Even the game's subbreddit is a pathetic 200k, most indie games have better notoriety than this failure.
    Very honest and non-bullshit spreading answer.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Very honest and non-bullshit spreading answer.
    There is nothing honest about saying the game won't break 60. Sure the hate campaigns might lower it but saying the game is only 60 isn't honest. You are just looking for someone to confirm your own bias against the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is nothing honest about saying the game won't break 60. Sure the hate campaigns might lower it but saying the game is only 60 isn't honest. You are just looking for someone to confirm your own bias against the game.
    I was talking more about "no one even knows it exists, 0 hype" part, but ye.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-08-18 at 03:58 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I was talking more about "no one even knows it exists, 0 hype" part, but ye.
    That isn't true either though so it is silly to call it an honest take. There are hard drive, gaming accessories, animated shorts, etc. The fact there are some hateful people ready to review bomb it is evidence enough that people know it exists. There is hype and it is known to be coming out. Anyone who says otherwise is just fooling themselves for whatever reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't true either though so it is silly to call it an honest take.
    Do I have to post a sarcasm emoji so people can actually detect sarcasm? I thought this one was pretty obvious.

Its going to have millions of players and sub reddits and stuff have no bearing on how popular or how many are interested in it, so i dont know what BS you are talking about but the game will be more than successful enough, not many space games come around so there is plenty of interest in it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I think Todd has said that this isn't a space sim though, so it probably shouldn't be lumped together with them. I wouldn't go into this if you were expecting a space sim like SC or Elite. it is probably going to be fallout or skyrim, with the ability to travel through space, do some dog fighting, I dunno if there is going to be massive fleet battles and capital ships, sounds like you will be able to board other ships but, they haven't really detailed much about the actual space gameplay. the dog fighting or space fighting seemed pretty similar to no mans sky, between arcade and sim. I don't think I saw any shield generators so I guess a lot of the fights are going to end relatively quickly.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2023-08-18 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    they haven't really detailed much about the actual space gameplay. the dog fighting or space fighting seemed pretty similar to no mans sky, between arcade and sim. I don't think I saw any shield generators so I guess a lot of the fights are going to end relatively quickly.
    https://youtu.be/uMOPoAq5vIA?t=1267

The game play deep dive from June shows there will be shields.

I think I did watch that as well I guess I just wasn't paying attention, there was some combat I saw with two ships which I now assume was early game footage where they just looked like it was a single health bar slog fest. perhaps you just don't get one straight away. it did look to be a module, I think what I remember seeing must have been an early game fight.

I think the only thing I don't like about the game is the UI, it seems like something I'd enjoy playing through even if it was only once. but I will never get used to these consolitis UIs in PC games. remember when you could open your inventory in a game and it didn't take up the whole screen. I'd like to see a game like this with a UI thats actually decent to use on PC and not just the same template of having full screen menus buried in more full screen menus.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2023-08-18 at 07:21 PM.

It is interesting to me for mainly 3 reasons.

1. Love Fallout loved Skyrim loved Oblivion
    2. Have an XSX and would love to have a killer app on there
    3. I have NO IDEA how this game will be

I knew BG3 was going to be goty candidate, I knew totk was going to be better than botw and goty candidate, I knew RE4 was going to be great. I knew these things like I know the sun will shine. The quality of these projects is almost guaranteed.

However, I do not know which way this game will go. It could be the best game ever made or an absolute turd. Because of this I am even more interested than other games. I must know, I will be like kid at Christmas at the embargo date.

Here's to it being the best game Bethesda ever made! Come on Starfield!!! If Starfield delivers, this will be my best gaming year of my whole life, so far.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-08-18 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    If Starfield delivers, this will be my best gaming year of my whole life, so far.
    I am very much looking forward to Starfield, but if the game is terrible, I think this will still be the strongest year for gaming since maybe 1996.

I have seen more high-quality game design, refinement, and updates to games in 2023 at the indie, AA, and AAA levels than in a decade+.

I just love bethesda game for their exploration. Dont know how to describe it, but even the dumpster fire that was F76, I've put hundred of hours just exploring and uncovering piece of hidden lore that would direct me to hidden places and so on. Now if they could deliver on top of this a better experience, I'm all for it. I just dont have my hopes too high on this front. But just getting lost in the world and exploring is enough for me to be excited.

I'm extremely excited about Starfield, but i'll only get to it in a couple of months or so. I'm knee-deep in Baldur's Gate 3, already planning a couple extra playthroughs (still in my first, 120h~ in, nearing the end i guess.

That way i'll hopefully avoid the buggy mess at launch and have a more enjoyable experience a few months later, when mods start fixing the usual Bethesda stuff.

But i'm expecting a very, very fun experience, even with the typical bugs. BG3 is my goty though
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2023-08-18 at 07:51 PM.