Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Algeria expels thousands of migrants in forced Sahara march

Algeria has abandoned more than 13,000 people in the past 14 months, including pregnant women and children, stranding them without food or water and forcing them to walk, sometimes at gunpoint, under temperatures of up to 48 degrees Celsius (118 degrees Fahrenheit).
    “Women were lying dead, men..... Other people got missing in the desert because they didn’t know the way,” said Janet Kamara, who was pregnant at the time. “Everybody was just on their own.”

Algeria’s mass expulsions have picked up since October 2017, as the European Union renewed pressure on North African countries to head off migrants going north to Europe via the Mediterranean Sea or the barrier fences with Spain. These migrants from across sub-Saharan Africa — Mali, the Gambia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Niger and more — are part of the mass migration toward Europe, some fleeing violence, others just hoping to make a living.

A European Union spokesperson said the EU was aware of what Algeria was doing, but that “sovereign countries” can expel migrants as long as they comply with international law. Unlike Niger, Algeria takes none of the EU money intended to help with the migration crisis, although it did receive $111.3 million in aid from Europe between 2014 and 2017.
    Full article in: https://apnews.com/9ca5592217aa4acd8...mpression=true

Sounds to me like they are deporting people who have entered the country illegally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Sounds to me like they are deporting people who have entered the country illegally.
    Well, they are deporting people, but Algeria is also sentencing many to death march.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is quite disgusting. Sending people out into the desert without any provisions? Where is the UN in regards to a humanitarian crisis on this one? Sending pregnant women to their deaths...that should be enough to trigger a response.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I find it mind-boggling you can equate 'gun-wielding death-march through one of the most inhospitable places on Earth with no food or water' to 'deporting'. Jesus Christ, Jinro, don't you have a scrap of empathy in you?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure this is a bogus overexaggerated bullshit story. No way they have been sending 14k pregnant women and children on a death march to Sahara.

If this was true, it would be the biggest atrocity the mankind has witnessed since Pol Pot. I highly question Algerian government being on that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If it is true it is sad but at the same time these people were not invited by Algeria. In my opinion it should be left to countries as how they want to deal with illegal immigrants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I find it mind-boggling you can equate 'gun-wielding death-march through one of the most inhospitable places on Earth with no food or water' to 'deporting'. Jesus Christ, Jinro, don't you have a scrap of empathy in you?
    Korean doesn't care about africans? Colour me surprised. They're one of the most racist people on this earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I'm fairly sure this is a bogus overexaggerated bullshit story. No way they have been sending 14k pregnant women and children on a death march to Sahara.

If this was true, it would be the biggest atrocity the mankind has witnessed since Pol Pot. I highly question Algerian government being on that level.
    "13,000 people in the past 14 months, including pregnant women and children"

13,000 people, which includes pregnant women and children, over the course of a year and 2 months. This is absolutely disgusting, but it's not that they sent them all at once, nor that they were only pregnant women and children. Though for me, just 1 pregnant woman is too many. But since it doesn't have a ratio listed, i'd have to assume that the amount of pregnant women isn't in the majority of people who were sent away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    If it is true it is sad but at the same time these people were not invited by Algeria. In my opinion it should be left to countries as how they want to deal with illegal immigrants.
    I can't agree with that. If a country is effectively sending 10,000+ people to their deaths, that should not be accepted.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    In a 2010–2014 World Values Survey, 44.2% of South Koreans reported they would not want a foreigner as a neighbor.[3][4] Racist attitudes are more commonly expressed towards immigrants from other Asian countries and Africa, and less so towards European, white North American, & white Latin American immigrants who can occasionally receive what has been described as "overly kind treatment".[1][5] Related discrimination has also been reported with regards to mixed-race children, Chinese Korean, and North Korean immigrants.[5]

- - - Updated - - -

In contrast to Japan and Germany, where such race-based conceptions of the nation were discredited after the Second World War because they were associated with ultranationalism or Nazism,[16] postwar North and South Korea continued to proclaim the ethnic homogeneity and pure bloodline of the "Great Han" race.[17][12] In the 1960s, President Park Chung-hee strengthened this "ideology of racial purity" to legitimate his authoritarian rule,[18] while in North Korea official propaganda has portrayed Koreans as "the cleanest race."[12][13] Contemporary Korean historians continue to write about the nation's "unique racial and cultural heritage."[19] This shared conception of a racially defined Korea continues to shape Korean politics and foreign relations,[17] gives Koreans an impetus to national pride,[20] and feeds hopes for the reunification of the two Koreas.[21]

Unlucky for the illegals I guess. Should have stayed home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Well, they are deporting people, but Algeria is also sentencing many to death march.
    As tragic as that is, the only way to deter migrants from overwhelming you, is to send a strong message that it's pointless to attempt the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    "13,000 people in the past 14 months, including pregnant women and children"

13,000 people, which includes pregnant women and children, over the course of a year and 2 months. This is absolutely disgusting, but it's not that they sent them all at once, nor that they were only pregnant women and children. Though for me, just 1 pregnant woman is too many. But since it doesn't have a ratio listed, i'd have to assume that the amount of pregnant women isn't in the majority of people who were sent away.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't agree with that. If a country is effectively sending 10,000+ people to their deaths, that should not be accepted.
    If some one tries to forcefully try to enter your home what will you do ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    If some one tries to forcefully try to enter your home what will you do ???
    Not remotely the same situation. Not even close.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This is quite disgusting. Sending people out into the desert without any provisions? Where is the UN in regards to a humanitarian crisis on this one? Sending pregnant women to their deaths...that should be enough to trigger a response.
    The UN is probably trying to figure out how to blame Israel for it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

15+ Year Old Account
    If a country is effectively sending 10,000+ people to their deaths, that should not be accepted.
    But are they? Are there any proofs of people dying, not to mention 10k+?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

I mean people have died, but its not a death march... They aren't being sent there to die, they are expelling them to Niger and this particular place is the only place they can do it. As there is quite literally nowhere else along their border to expel them... The next closest place is 180km away...

Here is their border in Google Earth:

See any other more desirable places to send them across the border? Anywhere else and it would be a death march because there is nothing there.

These people have entered another country without permission and are being expelled for their actions. I don't feel much for people who put themselves in dangerous situations.

Deleted
    As long as there is a chance they can enter a 1st world country, and as long as human trafficking NGOs keep assisting them to enter first world countries, they will keep pouring in. If you think that all the shitholes around the world should be allowed to transfer their contents to first world countries unchecked, they you are truly insane.

A line needs to be drawn. The 1st world simply cannot absorb such a large mass of people without turning into a shithole itself. At a certain point it really becomes an issue of us vs. them.

is it really? they seem to have a hard time grasping any concepts that involve not thinking about themselves.