Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    We need a class with 2 tanking specs and healing one. That would make a lot of people mad, but would be good for the game.
    Bullshit. That wouldn't help the game at all, because they keep adding a tanking spec with every new class they added and it results in the same tanking numbers across the board. If you want more tanks you need to change tanking, as could be seen recently at the end of legion with everyone being so overgeared, no one cared if an actual tank was present, which in turn causes every newbie with a tanking spec to que as one to get shit rolling. There won't be an increase in tanks, as long as tanking (and healing for that matter) and their responsibilities are put on the shoulders of a single person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is basically my worst nightmare. Feels like a forced attempt at making something unpredictable and original, while skipping the effort to create something meaningful like a Dark Ranger class.
    What's so meaningful about Dark Rangers? They're essentially a group of highly trained Forsaken Hunters under the command of Sylvannas. That's it. They essentially begin and end with Sylvannas. At least with DHs they could be utilized to fight against a legion onslaught. Dark Rangers dont even have that going for them because they complete revolve around Sylvannas

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Pros:
    Ranged
    Uses bow (something usable only by two specs right now)
    Mail

Cons:
    Edgy

But I guess we better get another leather melee.
    that's the problem with it though it being a ranger using bows and mail doesn't distinguish it from hunters at all. we do need another mail class and like many others have stated i think an engineer/tinker type class would be fun and new and would be able to help fill the lack of mail wearers. the only problem is new classes usually coincide with the overall theme/story of the expansion so idk when an engineer/tinker would be thematically similar to an expansion (although they could just break that mold and just release it anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is basically my worst nightmare. Feels like a forced attempt at making something unpredictable and original, while skipping the effort to create something meaningful like a Dark Ranger class.
    just because something is edgy doesn't mean it means anything or has any actual depth to it
    Last edited by gd8; 2018-07-14 at 07:36 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    We need a class with 2 tanking specs and healing one. That would make a lot of people mad, but would be good for the game.
    Not if none plays it at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Except what you don't seem to understand is Dark Rangers aren't banshees....she is a banshee who happened to be a ranger. There is nothing to support that the two are linked...nothing ever showing another dark ranger going banshee.

Plus Dark Rangers are exclusively undead...that means the Alliance would need a undead race.

So basically you need to give the Dark Ranger a ability none of them had to even make them stand out from Hunters...but you need to create a race for the Alliance just to do it?

Like I said, you literally need to destroy lore in order to bend DR into a interesting class.
    and they are getting it - with extremly strong faction leader - Calia Menethil .

why do you think lightforged ressurected were introduced

why do you think Teldrasil burned down .

its was exact prelude for lightforged/forsaken night elves

its the most logical conclusion you could make.

fits perfecly for dark ranger class. solely undead class - just like DH are only elves too.

and would make a lot of sense seeing how ton of 8.0-8.2 lore is circling around death motives, missing sprit of Voljin speaking about thousands of lost souls and Bowsmand being build up as being crucial part of lore now ?
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-04-08 at 10:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Necromancer is going to be the next class... well, at least one was at work on this thread.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Speculation threads are the absolute worst. Just shading out 'who would win in a fight' threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Bullshit. That wouldn't help the game at all, because they keep adding a tanking spec with every new class they added and it results in the same tanking numbers across the board. If you want more tanks you need to change tanking, as could be seen recently at the end of legion with everyone being so overgeared, no one cared if an actual tank was present, which in turn causes every newbie with a tanking spec to que as one to get shit rolling. There won't be an increase in tanks, as long as tanking (and healing for that matter) and their responsibilities are put on the shoulders of a single person.
    well i wont lie that whenever i tank dungeons i feel that tanking is way overcomplicted just to appease top 5% of players.

i would much prefer is both tanking and healing were made significantly easier - just so people are not afraid to do those roles.

imo tanking / healing shouldnt be "hard" untill at least mythic + 6-7 and hc raids. - anything below should be made super easy tankable/healable.

As i have been saying, Tinker and Dark Ranger are the two most probable future Hero Classes to come, according to the BfA events and Lore.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard added both in the next Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Hunter edgelords can be a new class. Warlocks are edgelord Mages, Death Knights are edgelord Warriors and Demon Hunters are edgelord Rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you consider evidence for any class before they were added? Did the game need to scream Monks and Demon Hunters back in Vanilla or something?
    Actually Death Knights are "edgelord" Paladins, not Warriors. They are supposed to play the Dark Paladin Fantasy (See Arthas, the best example of the fallen Paladin)

A dark ranger is a hunter, I dont even see the point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Dark Ranger should replace Surv for Hunter.
    Then, make BM a melee spec because it only makes sense that BMs would get in the mix with their pets and fight melee, all scratching and clawing with melee weapons alongside their companions.
    Like, Survival doesn't sound to me like running face first into a throng of enemies, but rather the opposite (attack from afar, use tricks/traps to get away), or, you know, to survive...
    DR can be the new SV spec, complete with all the magic-y attacks, while MM remains the true phys damage archer spec and BM the "go tear shit up with my wolf in melee and do phys/nature damage and junk" spec.

Making a whole 2-3 spec class for DR would be, well, boring, because it's really shoe-horned into one theme.
    Making a healer or tank version would feel forced and having a true ranged dps that doesn't differ much from hunter would feel sloppy.
    DR can even use shadowy style pets infused with dark magics (think priest shadow form).
    That would be fun.

But anywho, TL;DR - I'd like DR as a spec.
    BM a melee spec ? Are you f**** crazy ?

Dark ranger isnt enough to even make a proper 4th spec for hunters, let alone a separte class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well i wont lie that whenever i tank dungeons i feel that tanking is way overcomplicted just to appease top 5% of players.

i would much prefer is both tanking and healing were made significantly easier - just so people are not afraid to do those roles.

imo tanking / healing shouldnt be "hard" untill at least mythic + 6-7 and hc raids. - anything below should be made super easy tankable/healable.
    It's funny, I literally disagree with every single point in this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Except what you don't seem to understand is Dark Rangers aren't banshees....she is a banshee who happened to be a ranger. There is nothing to support that the two are linked...nothing ever showing another dark ranger going banshee.

Plus Dark Rangers are exclusively undead...that means the Alliance would need a undead race.

So basically you need to give the Dark Ranger a ability none of them had to even make them stand out from Hunters...but you need to create a race for the Alliance just to do it?

Like I said, you literally need to destroy lore in order to bend DR into a interesting class.
    Why? The Alliance didn't an undead race for Death Knight who are exclusively "undead." At least those that are playable are all undead.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    To be fair it's not uncommon to have a melee-based ranger-style spec. For example, I think Rift had that... a heavily bleed-focused melee spec with pet.

So it's not totally out there.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the void/old god about controlling others to do your bidding.. what better than a tinker to fight such evil?

Can't mindcontrol machines man!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    A dark ranger is a hunter, I dont even see the point

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'd like all 3 to go back to ranged, but that's most likely not gonna happen.
    Obv I'm the crazy one because I took one of the most enjoyable specs (Surv circa MoP-WoD) and turned it into a fairly fun to play, but overall very unnecessary melee spec in a sea of too many melees already.
    But hey, Surv as melee is a hit.
    I mean, it's not the LEAST represented spec... just second to Sub Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

The problem with that is that it would just invalidate the need for a healer/tank as well. While it's somewhat easier to make a tank required, as it just means buffing the tanks and requiring their buffed levels, when it comes to healers that would mean nerfing every tank/dps spec's healing. You can't just buff healers to output that much more, as that in turn would just again require adjustments for every other part in the game where the holey trinity isn't required. It's a bit of a catch 22, which is why they resorted to spec agnostic gameplay in BFA, even if it is only moderately successful (warfronts without at least 1 or 2 tanks are still annoying as fuck).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    To be fair it's not uncommon to have a melee-based ranger-style spec. For example, I think Rift had that... a heavily bleed-focused melee spec with pet.

So it's not totally out there.
    Wasn't the hunter/bard (?) class in LOTRO melee based as well? Hunter with bow and swords as backup is pretty much bog standard as far as hunter fantasy goes in high fantasy settings. I mean, survival is pretty much just that already, isn't it? Heck that is Rexxar in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-08 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The problem with that is that it would just invalidate the need for a healer/tank as well. While it's somewhat easier to make a tank required, as it just means buffing the tanks and requiring their buffed levels, when it comes to healers that would mean nerfing every tank/dps spec's healing. You can't just buff healers to output that much more, as that in turn would just again require adjustments for every other part in the game where the holey trinity isn't required. It's a bit of a catch 22, which is why they resulted to spec agnostic gameplay in BFA, even if it is only moderately successful (warfronts without at least 1 or 2 tanks are still annoying as fuck).

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't the hunter/bard (?) class in LOTRO melee based as well? Hunter with box and swords as backup is pretty much bog standard as hunter fantasy goes in high fantasy. I mean, survival is pretty much just that already, isn't it?
    The trinity is necessary at all levels except for brief periods in Vanilla and Wrath when people cheesed the power of pets or forms to tank as DPS.

If you,make tanking a one button press, people will still need tanks and play as them because thats literally what tanking was for many classes up into MOP.

As a Guardian Druid, I facerolled most any dungeon and was fine with simplicity. Now I dont even want to queue because its stressful as F trying to learn a survival rotation that works for a pug healer. Its better when it was about the stats and less about rotations. Raid or Pug leader already has a tough job pushing forward and keeping people safe from threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we just get a mail class already. Jesus christ

Honestly, from a conceptual level, I would have gone that way when they were first considering a melee spec.

Survival being ranged with pet being the class fantasy more of the original WoW hunter design
    Marksman being ranged without pet being the class fantasy of the high elf archers from RTS
    Beastmaster being melee with pet being the class fantasy emulating Rexxar. Though that would go with dual wield swords/axes rather than a polearm, but still.

Not saying they should now, especially having already established a melee spec.