Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Old topic but, Undead Paladins, why not?

Why bring "new" allied races in when we have been asking for a mix race/class of the ones we have now.

Look, I know what you're gonna say, "you cant have Undead Paladins because the 'Light' will do them in and they cant wield it..."

Fine argument understood... HOWEVER, what about Undead Priests? Are they not wielding the light? CHECKMATE ROUND EARTHERS!

Point im trying to make is, I would like to see Undead Paladins and Orc Druids. I mean, Thrall is pretty much a Druid if you think about it hard enough.

And Human Shamans? I mean Blizzard allowed GOBLIN Shamans, to do what?? Barter with the elements and strike a deal so they can be summoned?

What do yallses think?

Why not? Because Undead Paladins is fucking stupid and should never happen. That's why.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Why bring "new" allied races in when we have been asking for a mix race/class of the ones we have now.

Look, I know what you're gonna say, "you cant have Undead Paladins because the 'Light' will do them in and they cant wield it..."

Fine argument understood... HOWEVER, what about Undead Priests? Are they not wielding the light? CHECKMATE ROUND EARTHERS!

Point im trying to make is, I would like to see Undead Paladins and Orc Druids. I mean, Thrall is pretty much a Druid if you think about it hard enough.

And Human Shamans? I mean Blizzard allowed GOBLIN Shamans, to do what?? Barter with the elements and strike a deal so they can be summoned?

What do yallses think?
    Uhm, I can't counter the others but, it's been explained ingame by quests the differences of Paladins and Priests. Priests wields the light as a tool, while Paladins imbue and empower themselves. One thing is most likely to do more harm to them than the other. You should put your argument on the topic of 'unholy light'.

As for the Thrall argument, no, he's a shaman. He listens to other spirits than that of druids. He isn't even close resembling to that of a druid - other than, 'nature'.

And no, don't want human shamans, fuck that shit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You might not remember but being anti undead was what paladins were all about until the heavy streamline began, and Blizzard dropped the support for class RP tools in favor of only straight DPS, healing and tanking tools.

So yeah... Being anti-yourself is rather stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crihnoss View Post
    You might not remember but being anti undead was what paladins were all about until the heavy streamline began, and Blizzard dropped the support for class RP tools in favor of only straight DPS, healing and tanking tools.

So yeah... Being anti-yourself is rather stupid
    Not really. You can literally hate yourself and still function. Nothing wrong with that at all. I mean look at Hitler...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why not? Because Undead Paladins is fucking stupid and should never happen. That's why.
    Whoa pump the breaks on the hate train Fox and Friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Paladins, why?

I'm good off of Undead Paladins, luckily they won't ever happen anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

5+ Year Old Account
    undead paladins STILL more sense than tauren paladins, if even cow can weild light ... what stops forsaken ( if race can be Priest they must have to be paladins too) - its already knows that Light power isnt same for everyone - holy light, sun light,naru light. SO undead can weild some other different form of light .

RP question, what if human that was paladin when he was alive - become undead , does he instanly forget how to use light or he become dark baddy mage or rogue?
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2018-06-12 at 09:39 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Tools like:
    Turn undead - undead fear
    Exorcism - Only damaged undead(and demons)
    Sense undead - AKA track undead

Back in WCIII Holy Light worked as a heal on living units and as a damage tool on undead units.

So, they where undead hunters/killers. Straight out of any classic fantasy setting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°

My understanding is that, lore-wise, Undead Priests are Shadow. The include holy and discipline for gameplay reasons. And, yes... there are undead priests that weird the light (IE: Alonsus Faol), but they are rare, few & far between. They are the exception to the rule.

I think undead paladins would also carry a stigma because the paladin order despises undeath. I think an undead paladin would be an anathema to them.

Whoa pump the breaks on the hate train Fox and Friends
    It's just really annoying when the same idea that when you think about it doesn't make sense at all. I've seen this get posted for years.

They don't make much sense but...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sir_Zeliek
    was cool as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They don't make much sense but...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sir_Zeliek
    was cool as fuck.
    One exception to the rule doesn't negate what I said. You don't see any Death Knight Pandarens running around except the one in WoD.

True, however counterpoint gnome warriors.

Also, what are the light forged undead or w/e in the book? I will take pm if its spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    One exception to the rule doesn't negate what I said. You don't see any Death Knight Pandarens running around except the one in WoD.
    OMG YESSSSSSSS DK PANDAREN!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!! This is why I made the thread. Better ideas than mine <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    True, however counterpoint gnome warriors.

Also, what are the light forged undead or w/e in the book? I will take pm if its spoilers.
    I never understood the argument against gnome warriors. Anyone can pick up a sword and shield.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG YESSSSSSSS DK PANDAREN!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!! This is why I made the thread. Better ideas than mine <3
    It's time stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time stop.

Scarlet Crusade and mindless Scourge of Icecrown (plus Zeliek) seem to be able to figure it out just fine.

If they were a paladin in life, they should still be a paladins in death. There were a lot of paladins in Lordaeron.
    Besides, a lot of new Forsaken have been risen recently by Sylvanas, so there are even more sources for paladins.

Above all else Undead Paladins are fun and cool.
    Last edited by Razion; 2018-06-12 at 10:03 PM.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but is the light's aversion to the Undead relevant regarding the recent comment in the Windrunner comic that the Void thinks that Sylvanas "serves the true enemy"?
    If I remember correctly, there have been comments before that the Void sees the Light as a brother, who will eventually return. Perhaps they share the same ultimate allegiance. Death is the true enemy. That's why Light and Shadow seek to dismantle the Legion. The Lord of Death, whatever he may be, used the Legion as a pawn, with Kil'Jaeden enacting his will by creating his most powerful servant, the Lich King. I think Blizzard are thinking ahead. We need another, bigger bad guy when we stop the Void and the Light, and it looks like that bad guy might be death itself.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Well we should. ;~; Or at least, we should now that Acherus is starting to raise new Death Knights.

Paladin is pretty much a priest who is kind of tired of your shit and just wants to hit you in the face. At least that's how they are in WoW.

Can forsaken be priests? Yeah. Can they hit shit with 2 handed weapons? Somehow, yeah. So fuck it, if gnomes can be Warriors standing toe to toe with Taurens, or huge ass Trolls can be sneaky Rogues, Undead should be able to Paladin.