Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Over abused report system

hello all
    i play Hots without chat on during a match to avoid toxic players and now i find myself having a chat ban ?? which i find very funny and also very ironic since only toxic players spam reports around , SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE i GET A CHAT BAN WHEN I DON"T USE THE CHAT ??? WTF BLIZZARD !!!??
    Isnt this proof how toxic players have BECOME BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM A REPORT BUTTON TO ABUSE THE FUCK OUT OF !!!?
    and because i dunno why i have a chat ban i also found myself temporarily suspended FOR REASONS I DON"T KNOW all because i choose not to have a chat open specifically to avoid toxic players to begin with , so how the fuck is this possible to be treated like this when i try my hardest to avoid shit like this ??
    You blizzard Hots DEV team KNOW there is a (social chat off) button YES ? You Do keep track of this in games YES ? so You know when players have Chat OFF YES ? you Do know people will do this to avoid toxic players YES ? and believe me i'v seen plenty of them everytime you lose a game the toxic players come out of the wood works and spam their shit around , i dont wanna se their bullshit , thats why i keep my chat OFF during games .
    im very pissed off i got suspended when i have taken action to avoid toxic players like this and yet I GET PUNISHED FOR IT ???
    seriously blizzard , remove the godamn report system , it works for WOW why can't you remove the toxic report system you implemented
    Why cant you see this rotten system isn't working like its intended !! its being abused and kiddies will report anyone and the worst is , YOU dont give a shit !!

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone who supposedly never uses chat, you're awfully angry about chat bans.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My my, you sound like a very pleasant individual to have around when upset.

No idea why Blizzard would remove your ability to express this awesomeness in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not abused, you're just not a fun person to be around, and have been deemed annoying by enough people for Blizzard's automated suspension and banning system to kick in. Unless someone coordinated several people to report you at once, just for the fun of it and not because of anything YOU did, but that seems highly unlikely.
    Try being more calm and respectable in chat, and try not to be too vocally aggressive, and suddenly all this will disappear.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Yeah in most games these days, people can report you if you suck or are just a bad team player. They're just mad about losing and someone needs to pay.

Your best bet is to just be as nice as possible, censor the hell out of yourself, and try to suck up to any of the retards/mods in the game that have the power to ban you. You could even use these same techniques to avoid being banned on these very forums.

I have no need for such techniques, as I am the poster child of civil communication.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Never happened to me, I disagree that it's "over abused"
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Never happened to me, I disagree that it's "over abused"
    In other news: world hunger solved because I am quite full right now

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    In other news: world hunger solved because I am quite full right now
    The real news is: Don't be a dick and you won't get reported. Works every time!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Pretty much this.
    I'm pretty sure there'll be ten pages of "I didn't do anything random ten people reported me for no reason and now I'm an eunuch fuck you blizzard" so I'm bailing right this second. Have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there'll be ten pages of "I didn't do anything random ten people reported me for no reason and now I'm an eunuch fuck you blizzard" so I'm bailing right this second. Have fun!
    Lol, you as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems unusual that you were suspended despite not saying a thing. I'm guessing you've left out an important detail. For all we know, you could have been trolling in game by tower diving, feeding the enemy team, going afk etc. Do this in multiple games and people will report you.

Guy in my guild routinely gets people to report other people using trade to advertise so they get silenced and he has a better chance of selling his goods. Seem to only need 10 or so reports for a automatic silence. That's fine though trade chat isn't for trading they shouldn't have been dicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's blizzards game, if you don't like the chat system: 1) give them feedback , 2) stop playing blizzard games , or 3) come on the forums and get whiteknighted

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its impossible for a GM to check these details

so they cant don't remove the silence people it leaves the system open to abuse

it only takes 5 people to report someone within 24 hours to have them silenced in HoTS
    10 in WoW

you can silence people you disagree with or for no reason basically do you really think players should have that power?
    I don't agree with the system, but for multiple people to report you in a short amount of time, you must have done something to annoy them. Which is what i'm calling the OP out on. The account should just get flagged and then investigated.

I mean hey it's needed. We've all felt slightly abused by it before. I had to force rename my character "Supertramp" for obvious reasons but I didn't understand those reasons welll and I was furious.
    On the other hand, yesterday I reported a HM Tauren named "Rapedaddy" with a special character. So I'm happy the reports exist.

Deleted
    Oh believe me, you can be reported even without being a dick, by actual dicks. For example, dicks are being dicks in trade chat, you ask them to stop because it's immature, you're silenced for *insert made up reason*. The only real protection is to never post in any comment section with more than 5 people unless you know them E.G. guild chat.

You're a Millennial... aren't you....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really is the funniest thing ever that you can tick a box to disable chat entirely in hots and then get silenced if people don't like you. Even though you can't interact with them in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You don’t use chat
    2. You were banned from chat
    Why do you care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.